New coach in wilson co?

Creekbank76

There's a sizable gap between the pay for experienced teachers and coaches in Sumner / Rutherford and Wilson County. Starting pay is pretty close, but once you get up around 8-10 years, the difference is serious (roughly $8,000 a year). This hurt Wilson Central's coaching search a year ago and it looks to be doing the same at LHS.

New school set to open in the fall of 2012, the addition of advanced PE for in-season lifting, a solid junior class -- all these things are great, but until the pay issue is addressed, Wilson County is spinning its wheels.

I'm going to have to disagree with you a bit here.

I went to all 3 school systems websites and looked at their salary schedules:

Wilson Co with BS degree and 10 yrs = $38,200 + 7200 supplement = $45,400.

Sumner Co with BS degree and 10 yrs = $40,000 + 10% supplment = $44,000.

Rutherford Co with BS degree and 10 yrs = $43,000 (couldn't find supplement $)

My midtn Co. with BS degree and 10 yrs = $40,200 + 10% = $44,200

I really don't think there is that much difference in pay from the school systems.

There might be other booster monies or something though?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who you thinking? :popcorneater:

A friend of mine, extremely close to the situation, told me today that the new head coach at LHS is going to be Troy Crane. I don't know much about his previous experience except that he was fired as the OC at Wilson Central (where he put in the vaunted Tony Franklin System) along with the head coach for misappropriating money. He must be really tight with the legendary "Good Ol' Boy" network in Wilson County. How else can you be fired for money issues in 2009 from one school in the county and then get promoted to HC of another school in the county in 2011?

Good Luck, LHS, you are going to need it!

Does he have head coach experience? I just don't understand why you would want to hire a guy with any kind of questions about funds. It might not be true, but it still starts your program off with a black eye on the guy they are supposed to look up to. Surely there are others with cleaner pasts?

I would be interested in hearing what kevin, firstandgoal, or fredsamuel have to say about this one and if the guy on the committee they were talking about insisted on this candidate.