St Georges vs Webb

Memphisfootball

Webb by all accounts has got to be the favorite. St Georges though has beaten ECS and USJ while remaining undefeated. Webb's O-line has been dominant, but StGgeorges has allowed less than 150 yards rushing in back to back weeks against fairly strong running attacks in FRA and Davidson. Looks like Webb's offense against ST George's defense, If St Georges can score 17, can they win? If Webb doesn't score 21 can they win? I'd say Webb by 9, what does everyone think?

Webb by all accounts has got to be the favorite. St Georges though has beaten ECS and USJ while remaining undefeated. Webb's O-line has been dominant, but StGgeorges has allowed less than 150 yards rushing in back to back weeks against fairly strong running attacks in FRA and Davidson. Looks like Webb's offense against ST George's defense, If St Georges can score 17, can they win? If Webb doesn't score 21 can they win? I'd say Webb by 9, what does everyone think?

Webb 28 SG 10, book it.

Like I have said in the other two playoff games that Webb has played in this year, the Blance brothers are the difference. I am sure St. George has some good lineman but so does Webb with some mean defensive ends in Kelly Thomas and Mr. Football finalist Hunter Little. Also, both teams are very well coached. So it is going to come down to whether St. George has the speed on defense to slow down the running attack of the Spartans. No team has stopped them all year and we will see if St. George can do it on December 2nd.

• Upvote 1

Like I have said in the other two playoff games that Webb has played in this year, the Blance brothers are the difference. I am sure St. George has some good lineman but so does Webb with some mean defensive ends in Kelly Thomas and Mr. Football finalist Hunter Little. Also, both teams are very well coached. So it is going to come down to whether St. George has the speed on defense to slow down the running attack of the Spartans. No team has stopped them all year and we will see if St. George can do it on December 2nd.

Ill tell ya I couldn't agree more. Just sayin

new information makes my previous prediction invalid..........

WEBB 35 sg 7

No way its going to be a blow out. SG has beat alot of good teams this year and being undefeated this far along in the season is no small task at any level.

Webb 21-10

I wouldn't say that there is no way there will be a blow out...It could get ugly if St.George does not slow down the Blance brothers...St.George better have some speed on defense or it will definitely be a blow out

I wouldn't say that there is no way there will be a blow out...It could get ugly if St.George does not slow down the Blance brothers...St.George better have some speed on defense or it will definitely be a blow out

From what I have seen, team speed on defense is what has carried St Georges. They are not big at all, but they have been very impressive on defense, especially against FRA, Davidson, and ECS. I was at the ECS game - ECS scored 2 TDs on special teams - not on the defense. I think that is what makes this an interesting game. St Georges does have speed on defense and Webb is so heavily favored because of their speed on offense. I just think it will be much closer than what people who haven't seen St Georges play think.

I think there will be a lot of factors that go into the game on Thursday. Does Webb have speed? Yes. Does SG have speed? Yes. I came through a very good football program in high school and one things that our coaches always harped on us is that speed kills! There is A LOT of truth to that, but you have to be well coached as well. I think both teams are well coached & and both teams have good dicipline. Webb has two major things going in there favor going into the game.

1. Webb does not have to spend the night in a hotel. I dont care what you say, there is something to be said about sleeping in your own bed.

2. Webb is bigger than SG. Up front, Webb has the potential to man handle the Gryphons O & D lines if they let them.

Dont get me wrong, I am not doubting Webbs speed, however SG has speed too. I think everyone is getting really caught up on the Blance brothers. What happened to the the running back from FRA and the Williams kid from Davidson? They didnt have near the games that they nor the people in the state thought that they would have when they went to SG in the play-offs. I dont think that either one of thoes kids had rushing yards over 100 when they played the Gryphons. Who will win? I am not sure, I think it will be a well played game on both sides. Good luck to both teams, but I feel that it I HAVE to make a prediction. With that said...

SG 21

Webb 17