Gordonsville 2010-2011

Icy

Will this team make it to the state?

The reasoning everyone is using is last year's team and this is this year.About any team in region can beat the other on a given night. There is not a dominate team in region and which ever one gets home court advantage in post season should and probably will win. I thought JC was by far a better team last year than RBS but I was wrong cause in region RBS won at home. So this year all teams have a chance to make a statement based on this year and # 1 will be according to how they play on a given night and the schedule determines who wins the most games. Some teams play 7-10 gimme games while others play aa and aaa schedules out side of district play. And don't count Gordonsville out by tourney time coach Sanders will have his team ready.

Edited by senator

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reasoning everyone is using is last year's team and this is this year.About any team in region can beat the other on a given night. There is not a dominate team in region and which ever one gets home court advantage in post season should and probably will win. I thought JC was by far a better team last year than RBS but I was wrong cause in region RBS won at home. So this year all teams have a chance to make a statement based on this year and # 1 will be according to how they play on a given night and the schedule determines who wins the most games. Some teams play 7-10 gimme games while others play aa and aaa schedules out side of district play. And don't count Gordonsville out by tourney time coach Sanders will have his team ready.

Good post Senator........I'll second that. And you are right Gordonsville will be more ready to play after Christmas when Coach Sanders gets all the kinks worked out. He is a good coach!

It should be a good year for 7A and 8A basketball.

Every team thinks their respective home team is the best team in the region and i'm sure everybody has their reasons. Last year RBS met Clay in the region and beat them after previously losing to them 3 times. FCS won the region last year after placing 3rd in the district tournament. I believe there are about 4 or 5 maybe 6 teams in the entire region that could sneak up on any given night and win it and that's what makes this fun...great post Senator :thumb:

Good post Senator........I'll second that. And you are right Gordonsville will be more ready to play after Christmas when Coach Sanders gets all the kinks worked out. He is a good coach!

It should be a good year for 7A and 8A basketball.

Good ballgame tonight by both teams. May be a sign of what G-Ville can do. A lot of players stepping-up...a total team effort. Good job. Keep it going!

Good ballgame tonight by both teams. May be a sign of what G-Ville can do. A lot of players stepping-up...a total team effort. Good job. Keep it going!

Sounds like it was a real good game over there! congrats on the big win. it sounds like we just caught Gville on a bad night at FC. glad to see some life over there in those talented players

When I went into the game I was expecting RBS to struggle a bit but ultimately come out with the win. During warm ups just watching I was a bit suprised because I saw an athletic team and when they took the court it showed they were athletic. They are strong in the post and have quick guards. The record may have made the RBS and Gville game an upset but I garauntee as the season goes along Gordonsville will give all the teams some sort of trouble!