6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

I'm a Maryville/Alcoa fan who wants to congratulate Smyrna on a very impressive win at Whitehaven. That is a tough team to play in an even tougher environment! That win tells me a lot about the strength and character of this Bulldog team!

I believe you play in the strongest (top to bottom) district in the State. You definitely had a more difficult road in the playoffs. You have earned the right to play for the gold ball!!

I have always felt you have not recieved the respect you deserved from your Rutherford County neighbors!

Frankly, Riverdale's performance against Maryville in last year's playoff game was an embarrassment to your district. They had a cakewalk this year and blew it, again!

You deserve to be in the Championship game! You should be at least a three touchdown favorite! You play the type of ball that could give my Rebels a lot of problems. We definitely have our work cut out for us. I'll give you a breakdown later on how I believe the Rebels can be beaten!

Meanwhile, enjoy your well deserved right to bring home another Gold Ball!

P.S. Alcoa had won consecutive Gold balls before Rankin came to Alcoa. What they had not done was beat Maryville! Now they have, twice! I do believe Rankin has made the difference. If you want to beat Maryville, just watch the last two Maryville vs. Alcoa games. I am sure they are available on the net.

Wow didn't realize it was 91 when you OR folks got your last title. But I REALLY impressed that you won a National Title in 58. THATS REALLY SOMETHING!!!!

Your really gonna talk smack about State Championships! :shock:

Lets see:Oak Ridge: 7 Football State Championships and 36 Total State Championships!

Smegma. oops sorry Smyrna: 2 Football State Championships and 7 Total State Championships, But, get this of the 7 State Championships, 3 were for BOWLING!!! :roflol::D

My apologies to all bowlers!! :D

Go Rebels!!!!

Your really gonna talk smack about State Championships! :shock:

Lets see:Oak Ridge: 7 Football State Championships and 36 Total State Championships!

Smegma. oops sorry Smyrna: 2 Football State Championships and 7 Total State Championships, But, get this of the 7 State Championships, 3 were for BOWLING!!! :roflol::D

My apologies to all bowlers!! :D

Go Rebels!!!!

Well well well Don't we have our tights in a twist there Mr Catback. Really was serious with my post that is something that OR won a National Title. I didn't know there was such a thing.

But I appreciate your recognizing our Bowlers. They are a really AWESOME bunch.

Since you do have your tights in a twist. Has OR won a title since Coach G left OR and went Alabama.

Seems like you could have found a quality coach before now. whats the problem up there?

( Please note the sarcasm with the tights in a twist statement since your picture seems to be a super hero).

Do you remember a QB up there named Underwood? Can't remember what year he played.

I'm a Maryville/Alcoa fan who wants to congratulate Smyrna on a very impressive win at Whitehaven. That is a tough team to play in an even tougher environment! That win tells me a lot about the strength and character of this Bulldog team!

I believe you play in the strongest (top to bottom) district in the State. You definitely had a more difficult road in the playoffs. You have earned the right to play for the gold ball!!

I have always felt you have not recieved the respect you deserved from your Rutherford County neighbors!

Frankly, Riverdale's performance against Maryville in last year's playoff game was an embarrassment to your district. They had a cakewalk this year and blew it, again!

You deserve to be in the Championship game! You should be at least a three touchdown favorite! You play the type of ball that could give my Rebels a lot of problems. We definitely have our work cut out for us. I'll give you a breakdown later on how I believe the Rebels can be beaten!

Meanwhile, enjoy your well deserved right to bring home another Gold Ball!

P.S. Alcoa had won consecutive Gold balls before Rankin came to Alcoa. What they had not done was beat Maryville! Now they have, twice! I do believe Rankin has made the difference. If you want to beat Maryville, just watch the last two Maryville vs. Alcoa games. I am sure they are available on the net.

Thanks for your post. Good to see someone up there knows this is a football thread and not a chat room.

Is the Maryville team loaded with seniors? can you tell us a little more about them? Are they still running the same Offense they always have? Give somemore details please.

Just so the fans can know what to expect when the teams take the field on Saturday night.

Thanks for your post. Good to see someone up there knows this is a football thread and not a chat room.

Is the Maryville team loaded with seniors? can you tell us a little more about them? Are they still running the same Offense they always have? Give somemore details please.

Just so the fans can know what to expect when the teams take the field on Saturday night.

Maryville runs a tripple option wing t from a pistol formation.Not sure about the number of seniors.

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Maryville however

While Maryville has been winning every set 3 to zero in the Wimbledon Bracket of their section (tea and crumpets anyone)

Smyrna has been fighting bare knuckles in the parking lot (from what I heard of the field in Whitehaven that is very close to true) every friday.

For a movie reference

Smyrna's journey has been more like the movie Fight Club versus Maryvilles has been like taking a date to see

Twilight.

*The comment above reflects the opinion of this poster and not anyone associated with this website or any other established media outlet.All events described herein actually happened, though on occasion the author has taken certain, very small, liberties with chronology, because that is his right as an American.

(:

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Maryville however

While Maryville has been winning every set 3 to zero in the Wimbledon Bracket of their section (tea and crumpets anyone)

Smyrna has been fighting bare knuckles in the parking lot (from what I heard of the field in Whitehaven that is very close to true) every friday.

For a movie reference

Smyrna's journey has been more like the movie Fight Club versus Maryvilles has been like taking a date to see

Twilight.

*The comment above reflects the opinion of this poster and not anyone associated with this website or any other established media outlet.All events described herein actually happened, though on occasion the author has taken certain, very small, liberties with chronology, because that is his right as an American.

(:

Now that's funny.. I don't care who you are!