6A State Championship: Maryville v. Smyrna

MHSRebels

Just when Maryville thought they had class?

Maryville is the Boise State of Tennessee H.S. football, happy to be there, but ready to be sent back to their place.

I'm sorry, but for me this will not be close. Maryville just does not want it as bad as the Smyrna Bulldogs do and that's the honest truth. There' something special about Smyrna in the state championship game, they're 2-0. Undefeated. Unbeaten. Clutch. I just don't think a team like Maryville has the chance to beat them.

Gosh fellers eye jist hope we can git our yung pups two git off tha bus...... :unsure:

Just when Maryville thought they had class?

Maryville winning football state titles not regarded in the best public school classification, NF. Smyrna winning their football state titles in the highest public school classification back-to-back, TFM.

Maryville is the Boise State of Tennessee H.S. football, happy to be there, but ready to be sent back to their place.

The only thing Maryville is missing is "smurf turf," TFM.

Smyrna once played Maryville, then continued to play real public schools, TFM.

Smyrna doesn't have to play in a lower classification to win state championships, TFM.

Smyrna hazing Maryville in the state championship game, TFM.

If you don't know TFM...you're a GEED.

All joking aside, I just can't help but remember last year White Station reversing fields and the Maryville players being dumb-founded. I guarantee you this is the MOST athletic team you will have seen all year. I guarantee you this is the most STINGY and FAST defense you will have seen all year. The Smyrna offense WILL score pounding the ball in the end zone. Maryville is a great team, no doubt, but having to face adversity at the hands of a team MUCH more athletic, deeper, more athletic team will be an interesting test. The Bulldogs MUST be favors looking at who they've beaten and played, but not by much to the common eye. Coaching can only get you so far. White Station's players last year weren't making a donkey out of GQ, but rather the players chasing White Stations skill position players all over the field. KEY WORD CHASING. I'm sorry, but for me this will not be close. Maryville just does not want it as bad as the Smyrna Bulldogs do and that's the honest truth. There' something special about Smyrna in the state championship game, they're 2-0. Undefeated. Unbeaten. Clutch. I just don't think a team like Maryville has the chance to beat them. All of you Maryville posters keep saying 'The offense gets what the defense gives.' While that sounds great in THEORY, you need to have an offensive identity in the end.

I'll tell you guys right now what Maryville will do, play field position and pray Smyrna does not get a short field. Then on offense they will throw the ball probably 70-30 because the secondary of Smyrna is considered the 'soft spot'. 2 turnovers later due to rushed throws and not being able to withstand the pass rush, GQ will throw some trickery that will swing momentum one way or another. Either way, Smyrna will have the chance to throw the knock-out punch and probably will with #5 breaking a long run down the sideline or Mr. Flemming doing it in place of him.

State predictions:

Smyrna:

225+yards rushing

120+yards passing

Around 20 first downs

1 Turnover

2 Takeways

Maryville:

80> yards rushing

150> yards passing

12 first downs

2 INTS

1 Takeaway

Score Prediction:

Smyrna - 31

Maryville - 20 (2 FG's for that Mr Football Kicker)

Good luck at the game both teams, may the best team win.

HECK! Now I do not have to drive to Cookeville... thanks for all that time and money you just saved me. You middle tn guys have mucho in common with the big 8 in ne tn. I must be a geed , maybe because I don't speak ghetto.

Edited by GREYRIDER

I understand that. I guess I'm just sitting here thinking what it would have taken to keep me off the field for the title game my Sr. year.

A few things come to mind that may have kept you off the field:

athletic ability

skill

finding a state finalist that doesn't have a mascot available at the end of the year

violating your probation by leaving the county

premier of new harry potter movie

kenny g concert

about 30 other players better than you!

Wow you're just as ignorant as I thought by thinking being called a GEED is ghetto...I'd rather you come watch some BIG BOY football than not 'waste your time and money.' Please, take a front seat and also let my 'ghettoness' override whatever education you may or may not have, GEED.

I'll put it to you like this

District 7 = SEC

District 4 = MWC/Wac

Stars, let me know when those new Chik-fil-A commercials come out :thumb:

Edited by t3a cups

A few things come to mind that may have kept you off the field:

athletic ability

skill

finding a state finalist that doesn't have a mascot available at the end of the year

violating your probation by leaving the county

premier of new harry potter movie

kenny g concert

about 30 other players better than you!

cat its good to see your id on here.

one of my buddies said all we were doing was providing some bulletin board material for the merryville team,

but I think the merryville fans have taken care of that.

Glad your back.

Been missing you around Robert L Raikes stadium, you should come by once and a while.

The Defensive lineman that the merryville folks photo shopped out of the Bulldog picture is Mr. Nate Smith or Big Nate as we like to call him. I think you will find him more athletic than he looks. I think your offensive line will find that it takes more than one of them to block him. And you might find it interesting that he is the brother of John Henderson a little fellow who played ball up on hill at Knoxville lets just say he knows something about the game.

So you can say all you want, the Bulldogs will be ready @ 7 pm on Saturday night.

Edited by THEBulldog81

cat its good to see your id on here.

one of my buddies said all we were doing was providing some bulletin board material for the merryville team,

but I think the merryville fans have taken care of that.

Glad your back.

Been missing you around Robert L Raikes stadium, you should come by once and a while.

The Defensive lineman that the merryville folks photo shopped out of the Bulldog picture is Mr. Nate Smith or Big Nate as we like to call him. I think you will find him more athletic than he looks. I think your offensive line will find that it takes more than one of them to block him. And you might find it interesting that he is the brother of John Henderson a little fellow who played ball up on hill at Knoxville lets just say he knows something about the game.

So you can say all you want, the Bulldogs will be ready @ 7 pm on Saturday night.

Actually it has been our friends from Alcoa providing a lot of bulletin board material for you guys ... but i guess it don't really matter much now , if both teams aren't already fired up and ready to give 110% something must be wrong .

Like I said , I do not know what that means. You do not have much of a sense of humor do you.? You thought I was ignorant yet we've never spoken , don't strain yourself but if you need some work , there is a hot air balloon festival in NE TN this weekend.

Yore makin' us look dummur Grayridur.... :popcorneater:

mommaSTARS bruvvur Tiny, Mairvul Moffia mimbur, iz goin two tha gaim.....

Edited by STARSNBARS