Centennial,Ravenwood or Summit?

hardtackle

Eubanks- head coaching experience

Eubanks- state championship appearance

Eubanks- already in house

Eubanks- next head coach at CHS

It makes sense. He needs to put off the administration stuff for awhile.

Taco with everything you are saying about the CHS situation why would he not take it or want it?

It's a win, win!

I'm not saying "lord I hope not" to Eubanks. I'm saying that to way the coaching hire situation was handled at Indy.

Somebody else said that Eubanks is looking at going into administration. Sounds like he is looking for a different career path.

Eubanks- head coaching experience

Eubanks- state championship appearance

Eubanks- already in house

Eubanks- next head coach at CHS

It makes sense. He needs to put off the administration stuff for awhile.

Taco with everything you are saying about the CHS situation why would he not take it or want it?

It's a win, win!

Eubanks- 2 years at HC

Eubanks- did take a team to state champ game, BUT DYSON could have dome that with the talent INDY had, plus that was Smittys team from the birth of IHS football

Eubanks - worse play caller in league asides from dyson

i love i heard this and i have a friend whom knows this --- whatever whatever whatever YOU DONT KNOW !!!

Centennial has alot to choose from. Received clarification Nick Harper is strength coach & the new athletic principal was responsible for bringing him in. From what I gather athletic principal has been the catalyst for much needed change at Centennial for academics & athletics.

I have been a coacht reader for years and have never felt compelled to get involved with the posting. However, I think it is time.

I am not directly involved with the decisions being made at Centennial for their new head coach, but I am about as close as you can get.

While the assistant principal who is over athletics is involved, there is no doubt who is the catalyst for change. She is a very good lieutenant for a very good general and the changes are coming from the top. They make a very good team. They will hire a great coach. Coaches want to work for a principal that is a strong supporter of football. But beyond football, Dr. Brown is pushing all areas of the school and making positive changes by leaps and bounds.

I have heard some of the names of who has applied. I have heard the numbers of who have applied. They list is impressive and there are several true coaching legends that have applied. The latest I have heard is that it is far exceeding 100 applicants. There are multiple head coaches with state championsips to their credit who have applied and I was told that from the top. There are multiple coaches from the college ranks who have applied. There are huge numbers of younger coaches with coordinator experience for championship teams that have applied.

Yes, I am a supporter. Yes, I know athletics. Let the process run its course. Speculation and rumors are often sport and entertainment for some, but don't let it get so overboard that it taints the school.

CHS is a great school with a great future, in all areas. It indeed does have a strong athletic base. It indeed is a sleeping giant. And the new leadership is waking that giant and is setting high standards and expectations for the entire school.

Please dont slam this as the typical naysayers do. I am simply a very close supporter of a great school that is only getting better.

Mr. Taco,

With all due respect sir, we believe you opened yourself up to what you have perceived to be racism. You, according to your post, are a hispanic man named Jose. Yet you give yourself a stereotypical user name that in itself is self degrading. Jose, if you want respect from Border Patrol you need to show respect for yourself.

On to the post topic: We have come to the conclusion that Centennial is a scary place for a legitimate candidate. On the campus of this high school in a high profile county in Tennessee is a coach with relative success. If he is on campus and not the coach won't there always be comparisons made? With a former NFL player running the after and before school Kineseology system, what happens if he doesn't meet the requirements of the Head Football Coach? Will this newly elected Head Coach have the opportunity to find his own cabinet members or will the President prevent that change because of misconceptions about NFL players being better coaches?

As for Ravenwood we are proud to say that Hillary has done an excellent job over there and will make the best decision possible for the school when she hires a head scholar... oops,.. we mean Coach.

Summit is quite the mystery. New names making decisions in an old system. Yet, a familiar name seems to carry much weight in this process. Whomever takes office at Summit will need the ability to be punched in the face smile about it and convince young men to repeat the same abuse for about 10 weeks. He must leave his ego at home.

P.S. Hillary 2012!

Edited by HillaryandBill

Mr. Taco,

With all due respect sir, we believe you opened yourself up to what you have perceived to be racism. You, according to your post, are a hispanic man named Jose. Yet you give yourself a stereotypical user name that in itself is self degrading. Jose, if you want respect from Border Patrol you need to show respect for yourself.

On to the post topic: We have come to the conclusion that Centennial is a scary place for a legitimate candidate. On the campus of this high school in a high profile county in Tennessee is a coach with relative success. If he is on campus and not the coach won't there always be comparisons made? With a former NFL player running the after and before school Kineseology system, what happens if he doesn't meet the requirements of the Head Football Coach? Will this newly elected Head Coach have the opportunity to find his own cabinet members or will the President prevent that change because of misconceptions about NFL players being better coaches?

As for Ravenwood we are proud to say that Hillary has done an excellent job over there and will make the best decision possible for the school when she hires a head scholar... oops,.. we mean Coach.

Summit is quite the mystery. New names making decisions in an old system. Yet, a familiar name seems to carry much weight in this process. Whomever takes office at Summit will need the ability to be punched in the face smile about it and convince young men to repeat the same abuse for about 10 weeks. He must leave his ego at home.

P.S. Hillary 2012!

:thumb: Great post HB you must have interview at Summit because you said it right!!! Now concerning Centennial I believe that Middle Tn. will be shocked at who gets this job and it is a sleeping giant!!! Best of luck to all the WCS who are hiring Football Coaches and I hope to see Williamson Couny back in the State Championships next year. :thumb:

:thumb: Great post HB you must have interview at Summit because you said it right!!! Now concerning Centennial I believe that Middle Tn. will be shocked at who gets this job and it is a sleeping giant!!! Best of luck to all the WCS who are hiring Football Coaches and I hope to see Williamson Couny back in the State Championships next year. :thumb:

No, no interview for us, We just have a vested interest in the community. We don't really interview anymore. We just do our best to help those in need and it looked like there were posters here looking for answers. We're not so sure we have them, but we can darned sure try old buddy old pal.

You're not the first to say sleeping giant. What kind of giant? A giant like Andre or a giant like David hit with that rock? Giant is relative. There are giant problems like Monica and giant pieces of juicy steak. Colleges and High schools have one important thing in common. If they find their guy they hire him ASAP. If any of these representatives had interviewed Urban Meyer they would have hired him already. The only exception is if the interviewer doesn't give the impression that he really wants the job or they cant afford his product. If someone wants one of these jobs and he has been interviewed, we would be questioning the gentleman's credentials today and questioning the hire because that's politics in America instead of wondering who the candidates are.

Wouldn't this be fun if every school had to publicly name who they've interviewed. We know that's impossible but one can pretend. Speaking of pretend.......Vote Hillary 2012!!!

I don't know if SaraPalin is sarcasm or not but there has been no political view in the Sports Forum from SaraPalin, just pure sports talk. However, the HillaryBill with the Hillary 2012 promotion is "over-the-edge" political view that does not belong except in the Politics & National Issue Forum. If you support her, fine but this is not the correct forum to express your political views.

Mr. Taco,

P.S. Hillary 2012!

taco is the nickname I was called almost from the time I came to this country, over 50 years ago. Many people know me as that. That sterotypical racism was born in this country, not by my screenname on coacht.

When ignorance causes a poster to create a screenname simply to respond to me, and that screenname is indeed racially charged, you want me to take the blame for their actions and words. That is not particularly surprising with the track record of many people from RHS. Various media outlets including message boards created to stand against rezoning and the comments on them made that very clear.

As most of your post, and some other posters as well, this has has nothing to do with this topic.

Good luck on hiring a quality coach. Good luck to all schools in that.

taco is the nickname I was called almost from the time I came to this country, over 50 years ago. Many people know me as that. That sterotypical racism was born in this country, not by my screenname on coacht.

When ignorance causes a poster to create a screenname simply to respond to me, and that screenname is indeed racially charged, you want me to take the blame for their actions and words. That is not particularly surprising with the track record of many people from RHS. Various media outlets including message boards created to stand against rezoning and the comments on them made that very clear.

As most of your post, and some other posters as well, this has has nothing to do with this topic.

Good luck on hiring a quality coach. Good luck to all schools in that.

The track record you mention is the Cool Springs Blvd. area being zone from Ravenwood to Centennial. They are the ones not wanting to be rezone and now that they are rezone to Centennial, you are critical of the same people attending Centennial. Should you not support these new kids and parent that are leaving the Ravenwood zone kicking and screaming by showing some compassion and welcome them to Centennial?

Ravenwood is way over crowded and still has the largest student population in Williamson County despite the rezoning, yet it remains top notch school in education and offers the most sports variety for any school in Tennessee along with Farragut, Bearden, and Brentwood.

If Centennial is so great in your opinion, I would like to know why parents object for their children being rezone to it from Franklin, Independence, and Ravenwood? The way you tell it, you would think the parents would be kicking down the doors to get in at Centennial.

Centennial is the real City of Franklin School with it population based all in Franklin while Franklin High has the fringe elements of the City of Franklin but gets a large portion of it student body in the North by Northwest Area of Williamson County.

Edited by rappy

I have been a coacht reader for years and have never felt compelled to get involved with the posting. However, I think it is time.

I am not directly involved with the decisions being made at Centennial for their new head coach, but I am about as close as you can get.

While the assistant principal who is over athletics is involved, there is no doubt who is the catalyst for change. She is a very good lieutenant for a very good general and the changes are coming from the top. They make a very good team. They will hire a great coach. Coaches want to work for a principal that is a strong supporter of football. But beyond football, Dr. Brown is pushing all areas of the school and making positive changes by leaps and bounds.

I have heard some of the names of who has applied. I have heard the numbers of who have applied. They list is impressive and there are several true coaching legends that have applied. The latest I have heard is that it is far exceeding 100 applicants. There are multiple head coaches with state championsips to their credit who have applied and I was told that from the top. There are multiple coaches from the college ranks who have applied. There are huge numbers of younger coaches with coordinator experience for championship teams that have applied.

Yes, I am a supporter. Yes, I know athletics. Let the process run its course. Speculation and rumors are often sport and entertainment for some, but don't let it get so overboard that it taints the school.

CHS is a great school with a great future, in all areas. It indeed does have a strong athletic base. It indeed is a sleeping giant. And the new leadership is waking that giant and is setting high standards and expectations for the entire school.

Please dont slam this as the typical naysayers do. I am simply a very close supporter of a great school that is only getting better.

One that fits your description is Rector. Is he headed back to Wilco?