Division II-A Basketball (Small School Division) East/Middle

dgeeman

Who's the best in the Boys Basketball Division II-A East/Middle Division?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you like to win this division for the boys?

• Ezell Harding Christian School
    • Franklin Road Academy
    • Donelson Christian School
    • University School of Nashville
    • The Webb Feet
    • Knox Webb
    • Mount Juliet Christian School
    • Riverside Christian
    • St Andrews Sewanee School
    • Zion Christian
    • Kings Academy
    • Davidson Academy

I am a parent of a FRA alum and I have been to some FRA games this year. I have been following this board on and off as well. The FRA-DCA game last night was great. DCA played very well. The game was much closer than the score as DCA made their FT's down the stretch. I was really impressed with DCA's guards and the shot Kennedy threw in from half court at the end of the 1st quarter had to be seen to be believed. I was surprised how well the big guy for DCA played. He decided the game in my opinion. FRA had many chances to take control of this game, but the lay-ups and FT's they have been making lately did not fall last night, and they had foul trouble in the second half. I think these are the two best teams in the league and would not be surprised to see them meet again in the tournament. Great job by DCA to have a game plan and execute it. This has been a fun region to follow this season. By the way, I would not want to play Davidson or Knox Webb in the 2nd round of the tournament.

SmokestackI-From speaking with parents at DCA they say DCA is a much better team without Welch .They say he was a very selfish player ,and this years team plays much better together with out him.By looking at their scores different players can lead the team in scorring on any given night.I belive if Welch was playing at USN he would not add points but take away points from another player that is scorring now. Welch is a good player ,but he is no John Jenkins.Teams win players do not. Just ask John Jenkins.

I am a parent of a FRA alum and I have been to some FRA games this year. I have been following this board on and off as well. The FRA-DCA game last night was great. DCA played very well. The game was much closer than the score as DCA made their FT's down the stretch. I was really impressed with DCA's guards and the shot Kennedy threw in from half court at the end of the 1st quarter had to be seen to be believed. I was surprised how well the big guy for DCA played. He decided the game in my opinion. FRA had many chances to take control of this game, but the lay-ups and FT's they have been making lately did not fall last night, and they had foul trouble in the second half. I think these are the two best teams in the league and would not be surprised to see them meet again in the tournament. Great job by DCA to have a game plan and execute it. This has been a fun region to follow this season. By the way, I would not want to play Davidson or Knox Webb in the 2nd round of the tournament.

I agree, this was a very good game last night executed near perfectly by DCA. The game was a 2-4 point spread till FRA started fouling late. FRA played their worst game since mid December, most of which was attributable to DCA controlling tempo. DCA did a great job of hitting key shots and FT's. FRA showed no patience, resulting in too many fouls and TO's. A rematch of these two would be interesting- they are far more evenly matched than the score suggested.

I agree DCA is the best in the region. I think Ezell is ahead of FRA and will show it on Feb. 10

The welch kid is a really good player. I am surprised to see dca doing as well as they are but the only parent over there that would say they are better without him is the kennedys father. And he is just saying that because his kid couldn't play while welch was there. Not sure i see Ezell beating FRA, from what I heard FRA played bad last night and it was close till the end when the fouling starts. Ezell might be down a man with injury to Ray. Considering they only play six guys and injury this late in the season can really hurt in tournament.

SmokestackI-From speaking with parents at DCA they say DCA is a much better team without Welch .They say he was a very selfish player ,and this years team plays much better together with out him.By looking at their scores different players can lead the team in scorring on any given night.I belive if Welch was playing at USN he would not add points but take away points from another player that is scorring now. Welch is a good player ,but he is no John Jenkins.Teams win players do not. Just ask John Jenkins.

Whenever parents figure out they don't coach teams, coaches do, and they really don't know as much as they think.............DCA is one school that will be better off. Welch might have been selfish, but that's because no one else cared. DCA made the substate last year with Welch........I'd say they had a good season with him being "selfish". One player for DCA who is playing this season didn't play at all last year.......If Welch is selfish, what exactly is that?

Never said he was John Jenkins, but we are talking about Division II-A, not AAA. He'd average 20, would play well with Nilan and by looking at their schedule I don't think they would have lost to anyone at this point except BA.

The welch kid is a really good player. I am surprised to see dca doing as well as they are but the only parent over there that would say they are better without him is the kennedys father. And he is just saying that because his kid couldn't play while welch was there. Not sure i see Ezell beating FRA, from what I heard FRA played bad last night and it was close till the end when the fouling starts. Ezell might be down a man with injury to Ray. Considering they only play six guys and injury this late in the season can really hurt in tournament.

Well sorry to bust your bubble but it isn't the Kennedy's father that I have spoken too. Actually it is not only the parents sayng this it is some coaches as well.I did say Welch was a good player but not a super player like John Jenkins. And again I say DCA's team is a better team without Welch.

Whenever parents figure out they don't coach teams, coaches do, and they really don't know as much as they think.............DCA is one school that will be better off. Welch might have been selfish, but that's because no one else cared. DCA made the substate last year with Welch........I'd say they had a good season with him being "selfish". One player for DCA who is playing this season didn't play at all last year.......If Welch is selfish, what exactly is that?

Never said he was John Jenkins, but we are talking about Division II-A, not AAA. He'd average 20, would play well with Nilan and by looking at their schedule I don't think they would have lost to anyone at this point except BA.

Your right from one parent to another we are all entiled to our opinion.I find it hard to believe that Welch was the only player on the team that cared. Because this years team seems to have a lot of heart and plays real well together.My refernce to John Jenkins was that it takes a team to win ball games. Jenkins was a great player but needed his team to get him to the state championship, he couldn't do it alone.

First off I'd like to say that DCA is doing well but it's not because Welch left. They are having a great year granted that the Region is weak this year. I saw many of Welch's games and loves how he plays the hardest when he is out there and actually cares. Think about it, Knox Webb lost their two best players (one a division one basketball player) and USN lost another division one Basketball player in Lyles. Last year Welch as only a sophmore led that team and won many clutch games when you could tell that others did not care to even be out there. DCA is drinking the koolaid thinking that they have come out better when truly, Welch hasn't even suited up for USN and when he does they will be a tough duo to compete with and the region is down this year. Seriously, if MJCA is in any discussion about winning games (well, riverside x2, curry ingram, pleasant view x2, Middle Tennessee Heat, which are equivalent to junior high teams) you know it's a bad year. I dont doubt for one second that the DCA coaches are talking about this because they are having a good year but if they had Welch they would be even better. He carried them through FRA, Knox Webb, USN, etc. he showed the most leadership on the team and he was only a sophmore. bballfan9009, you need to evaluate what you said and maybe go find yourself something better to do than bash high school kids on a website. You can drink the koolaid with all the DCA coaches but Welch is much better off at USN and will show that next year.

First off I'd like to say that DCA is doing well but it's not because Welch left. They are having a great year granted that the Region is weak this year. I saw many of Welch's games and loves how he plays the hardest when he is out there and actually cares. Think about it, Knox Webb lost their two best players (one a division one basketball player) and USN lost another division one Basketball player in Lyles. Last year Welch as only a sophmore led that team and won many clutch games when you could tell that others did not care to even be out there. DCA is drinking the koolaid thinking that they have come out better when truly, Welch hasn't even suited up for USN and when he does they will be a tough duo to compete with and the region is down this year. Seriously, if MJCA is in any discussion about winning games (well, riverside x2, curry ingram, pleasant view x2, Middle Tennessee Heat, which are equivalent to junior high teams) you know it's a bad year. I dont doubt for one second that the DCA coaches are talking about this because they are having a good year but if they had Welch they would be even better. He carried them through FRA, Knox Webb, USN, etc. he showed the most leadership on the team and he was only a sophmore. bballfan9009, you need to evaluate what you said and maybe go find yourself something better to do than bash high school kids on a website. You can drink the koolaid with all the DCA coaches but Welch is much better off at USN and will show that next year.

I stick by my post by saying that DCA is a better team with out Welch.We will never know if DCA's team would be better with him or not because he quit DCA.The fact of the matter is there are 4 very good teams in this division and they are exciting to watch. The playoffs should be interesting.