District 9AA Only

Cleggy

White House beat Westmoreland by 20 at WH, and Goodpasture by that or more (I don't recall the exact score at the moment) at GP. But I don't recall WH needing OT to beat Sycamore. I think we all know anything can happen on any given night.

Play a team once and they learn something about you; makes the rematch a little tougher. Add to that shots not falling as usual and of course you're gonna be in for a tougher game. I expect a much tougher game from SHS next Friday for that reason alone because the first one wasn't in doubt after the second quarter. And, as somebody else posted earlier, Froedden can't do it all by himself. (Eventually he's gonna need a passport because he travels a lot.)

Whitehouse only beat sycamore in the 3point department. Score wise three points better in the first three quarters and 4in the fourth.

If you happens to notice the stats Froeden doesnt do it all by himself..

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whitehouse only beat sycamore in the 3point department. Score wise three points better in the first three quarters and 4in the fourth.

I know the move you are refering to with Sycamore's PG- it is called a Euro step and it is not a walk. I don't have a dog in this district but, let me say: if that is a walk then the reach around that # 23 from WH does is a foul every time. Are you saying the refs don't see any of it?

Edited by captnoname

Enlighten me then, where can I find the results? This is the only place I know to look.

Where are the District standings??

Go to highschoolsports.net and find your school and you will find all the teams in 9AA's correct schedules. The current district standings are as follows:

1.Sycamore (7-1)

2.Macon (6-2) H2H over WH

3.White House (6-2)

4.Westmoreland(3-5) 5.Goodpasture(1-6)

6.Greenbrier (0-6)

The final district regular season games wrap up next week and then the tourney is the week after at Vol State. It is the week of the 17th :mellow:

Edited by soulsurvivor34

Nice math Kiwi, and it all adds up to a 13-point win.

A made 3-pointer counts for 3 points, regardless of which team takes the shot. When they fall, they count; when they don't fall, they don't count. The ones that fall are included in the final score. WH made them, SHS didn't. So what? We may split for the year, we may not; but for now SHS is 0-1 vs the Devils.

I know the move you are refering to with Sycamore's PG- it is called a Euro step and it is not a walk. I don't have a dog in this district but, let me say: if that is a walk then the reach around that # 23 from WH does is a foul every time. Are you saying the refs don't see any of it?

You're absolutely right, it's a Euro step. The problem is with the officiating of it because one night it's a walk, and another night it isn't. As far as I'm concerned, if you're carrying the ball and taking steps - other than the standard layup approach or hop-step - you're walking.

As for the reach around, as you called it, it's not a foul unless there's contact. If there's contact, call it. I have no problem with that. And they call it pretty regularly when there's contact. The kids can wave their arms around all they want as long they don't hack anybody. Might look stupid doing it, but they can.

The difference between the two is, one is taking steps and the other is about making contact. There's no subjectivity involved when there's contact, whereas calling the Euro appears to involve nothing but subjectivity.

You're absolutely right, it's a Euro step. The problem is with the officiating of it because one night it's a walk, and another night it isn't. As far as I'm concerned, if you're carrying the ball and taking steps - other than the standard layup approach or hop-step - you're walking.

As for the reach around, as you called it, it's not a foul unless there's contact. If there's contact, call it. I have no problem with that. And they call it pretty regularly when there's contact. The kids can wave their arms around all they want as long they don't hack anybody. Might look stupid doing it, but they can.

The difference between the two is, one is taking steps and the other is about making contact. There's no subjectivity involved when there's contact, whereas calling the Euro appears to involve nothing but subjectivity.

Its not a walk, its two steps...same as a normal layup. The rule gives you two steps on a layup.

No one wants to talk about the big battle for 2nd place tomorrow night?

Its not a walk, its two steps...same as a normal layup. The rule gives you two steps on a layup.

No one wants to talk about the big battle for 2nd place tomorrow night?

Pretty presumptuous of you, don't you think? While you may or may not be proven right later tonight, I think it's pretty evident that if White House plays to its potential it's at least as good as Sycamore, and certainly better than everyone else in the district. The Devils have too many shooters and a big, athletic body down low. If they each do their job, they can handle anybody in 9AA - including Sycamore twice; but they each have to do their job.

Pretty presumptuous of you, don't you think? While you may or may not be proven right later tonight, I think it's pretty evident that if White House plays to its potential it's at least as good as Sycamore, and certainly better than everyone else in the district. The Devils have too many shooters and a big, athletic body down low. If they each do their job, they can handle anybody in 9AA - including Sycamore twice; but they each have to do their job.

Is the game still going to be played? I know some district games have been cancelled for tonight.

Wow, Macon Co beat White House again! I believe that someone told me that I was thinking about last year- cause this is this year and would not happen. Sure wish I knew something about the game of basketball.

Like I said early in the season, anyone can beat anyone on a given night. Westmoreland beating White House, Sycamore beating Macon Co, Goodpasture taking White House to OT, and White House beating Sycamore at Sycamore prove that. Should be fun come tournament time.

Edited by Coachwo