District 9AA Only

Cleggy

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Mr. Pitchfork, do you still think your beloved blue devils are gonna win region? ha ha ha ha :roflolk:

The Tigers just seemed to have our number this year. They played sound defense last night once we got up on them, and they didn't panic. After chipping away at our lead all night, they capitalized on 3 bad turnovers in the last 11 seconds of the game to come from 4 down and won 50-47.

Without sounding like sour grapes, I have to say that one of those officials - wherever we happen to be playing - seems to swallow his whistle. WH never gets a call from him, and some others, even when everybody in the gym can see it. Did it to us at Westmoreland, too. I suppose everybody feels the same way, but the game film doesn't lie. Some of these officials seem to think people paid to watch them call the game.

The Tigers just seemed to have our number this year. They played sound defense last night once we got up on them, and they didn't panic. After chipping away at our lead all night, they capitalized on 3 bad turnovers in the last 11 seconds of the game to come from 4 down and won 50-47.

Without sounding like sour grapes, I have to say that one of those officials - wherever we happen to be playing - seems to swallow his whistle. WH never gets a call from him, and some others, even when everybody in the gym can see it. Did it to us at Westmoreland, too. I suppose everybody feels the same way, but the game film doesn't lie. Some of these officials seem to think people paid to watch them call the game.

Any more excuses from the White House fans? I do enjoy listening to these hilarious excuses, they not only crack me up, but also make me shake my head a little bit. :wacko: So, it now looks like WH will get GB or GP in the first round of district depending on GP and GB's two head to head games this friday @ GP and sat @ GB.

I believe Sycamore can win the district regular season title and the tournament title at Vol State if they play together and no one tries to put on a one man show. I like the way Coach Worsley has this team playing down the stretch of the season even though they lost to White House last Saturday. Sycamore's points will come because of the scoring from Froedden, Fuqua, Gentry, and Brown, but if they want to win the District Tournament title then they have to play better defense and if they do this they can make some noise in the Region Tourney. Does anyone know where the Region Tournament will be held at?

I believe Sycamore can win the district regular season title and the tournament title at Vol State if they play together and no one tries to put on a one man show. I like the way Coach Worsley has this team playing down the stretch of the season even though they lost to White House last Saturday. Sycamore's points will come because of the scoring from Froedden, Fuqua, Gentry, and Brown, but if they want to win the District Tournament title then they have to play better defense and if they do this they can make some noise in the Region Tourney. Does anyone know where the Region Tournament will be held at?

Virginia tech

Any more excuses from the White House fans? I do enjoy listening to these hilarious excuses, they not only crack me up, but also make me shake my head a little bit. :wacko: So, it now looks like WH will get GB or GP in the first round of district depending on GP and GB's two head to head games this friday @ GP and sat @ GB.

I don't believe any excuses were made, Hokie. Read the post slowly, next time. I clearly said MCHS played good defense, chipped away at our lead, then capitalized on three bad WH turnovers very late in the game. No officials were involved in calling the turnovers; they were our fault. I simply pointed out that it seems some officials swallow their whistles more than others, and only decide to blow them at critical junctures in a game where they have the biggest effect. You see it from the same officials at seemingly every game they call. I also said everybody probably feels the same way as it concerns their favorite team, and that the game film doesn't lie.

Now, explain which of these statements isn't true.

I don't believe any excuses were made, Hokie. Read the post slowly, next time. I clearly said MCHS played good defense, chipped away at our lead, then capitalized on three bad WH turnovers very late in the game. No officials were involved in calling the turnovers; they were our fault. I simply pointed out that it seems some officials swallow their whistles more than others, and only decide to blow them at critical junctures in a game where they have the biggest effect. You see it from the same officials at seemingly every game they call. I also said everybody probably feels the same way as it concerns their favorite team, and that the game film doesn't lie.

Now, explain which of these statements isn't true.

the statement that is true is the one that hokie said! EXCUSE after EXCUSE! HA HA HA HA

the statement that is true is the one that hokie said! EXCUSE after EXCUSE! HA HA HA HA

Whatever, Heisman. This is a message board, so obviously there will be those whose level of reading comprehension isn't very high. Let the list of names begin with yours.

Bottom line, the clock and the score were in the Devils' favor. We handed MCHS all the chances they needed to take the game from us in the end, and they did. Good for them, and shame on us.