4. Jackson County (3) /14-2/ 89

5. Scotts Hill (1) /14-0/ 73

6. North Greene /13-4/ 71

7. Clarkrange /12-3/ 55

8. Loretto /14-4/ 46

9. Red Boiling Springs /18-2/ 39

10. Madison Academic /13-6/ 13

Others receiving 12 or more points: None

I can't say I disagree with most of the West Tn teams in this first poll. Being unfamiliar with the Middle/ East teams I can't speak for them... though I know that Jackson & Moore Co. are always strong.

I do have a slight issue with Madison at #10. I have seen them play, and they are not as strong as usual... besides Scotts Hill, they lost another district game by 10+ (albeit in OT) to Riverside, who has a better overall and district record.

Edited by TitanicVol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Class A

School/ Record/ Pts

T1. Lake County (4) /15-3/ 122

T1. Moore County (5) /16-2/ 122

3. Wayne County (1) /15-1/ 118

7. Clarkrange /12-3/ 55

8. Loretto /14-4/ 46

I can't say I disagree with most of the West Tn teams in this first poll. Being unfamiliar with the Middle/ East teams I can't speak for them... though I know that Jackson & Moore Co. are always strong.

I do have a slight issue with Madison at #10. I have seen them play, and they are not as strong as usual... besides Scotts Hill, they lost another district game by 10+ (albeit in OT) to Riverside, who has a better overall and district record.

Good poll. I agree about Madison, they are down. You better watch out for Jackson County.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

After looking at Tivols poll, and I had already started putting one together, the poster knows his DIA schools and there are some very good picks. Since the poll likely will change some during District play, when I selected AAA and attempted AA I will havve to admit I did pick 20 to take a "chicken way out" and allow some movement within the poll. I believe that next week is a middle ground as far as the Districts may be concerned and a more hard core poll can be done. I would have to compliment Tivols on this pick and there are some very good schools there. Maybe someone from East Tennessee might want to give it a shot if they disagree or someone from Chattanooga.

I think Hampton may be better than North Greene. They are 11-5, but two of those losses are to AA #1 Elizabethton, and one loss each to AAA Tennessee High, AA South Greene, and AA Unicoi Co. That has to be one of the toughest Single A schedules in the state.

Interesting that the strength rating has them at 25th??

Good poll. I agree about Madison, they are down. You better watch out for Jackson County.

I agree with you about Jackson Co.From what I was reading this year thought they were going to be down but they have been beating teams pretty bad.The top 5 probably could go either way from 1st to 5th place.I saw Madison earlier this year and think Greenfield would beat them by around 10 points or more if they were to play.But Greenfield has 2 or 3 losses early in the season haunting them but seem to have up righted the ship.Look for them to be in the top ten before long.

Edited by mrbigster

Interesting that the strength rating has them at 25th??

The coacht strength of schedule ratings is pretty misleading. It simply takes the winning percentage of your opponents into consideration. If you have a couple of awful teams (with 0-15 records, for example) in your district it really drags down your strength of schedule ranking. It does not factor in classification differences and is not really a great indicator of the quality of teams that you play. Teams with soft schedules and great win loss records improve your strength of schedule ranking, even though they really are not very strong. Teams with tougher schedules have worse win loss records and hurt your strength of schedule ranking, even though they are pretty strong teams. Hampton currently has no losses to Single A teams and all 5 of their losses are to very good AA and AAA teams. The vast majority of Single A teams in the state would also have lost all five of those games. Note that their strength plus success rank is #11, which helps my argument that they are possibly better that North Greene. There is no perfect way to create a perfect strength of schedule ranking. Coacht has to do it some way, and it is somewhat of an accurate indicator. All I am saying is do not put too much stock in it. It gets more accurate by seasons end when the sample size is much larger.

Edited by coachh17

The coacht strength of schedule ratings is pretty misleading. It simply takes your winning percentage and the winning percentage of your opponents into consideration. It does not factor in classification differences and is not really a great indicator of the quality of teams that you play. Hampton currently has no losses to Single A teams and all 5 of their losses are to very good AA and AAA teams.

To further this point, Hampton has only played 4 single A opponents so 7 of their 11 wins are against AA and AAA opponents. They beat CD and Cherokee two times already.

After looking at Tivols poll, and I had already started putting one together, the poster knows his DIA schools and there are some very good picks. Since the poll likely will change some during District play, when I selected AAA and attempted AA I will havve to admit I did pick 20 to take a "chicken way out" and allow some movement within the poll. I believe that next week is a middle ground as far as the Districts may be concerned and a more hard core poll can be done. I would have to compliment Tivols on this pick and there are some very good schools there. Maybe someone from East Tennessee might want to give it a shot if they disagree or someone from Chattanooga.

You do realize that this is not his own poll, but instead the AP poll and the one you thought was his poll two days ago was the Jackson Sun Dirty Dozen?

You do realize that this is not his own poll, but instead the AP poll and the one you thought was his poll two days ago was the Jackson Sun Dirty Dozen?

Class A

School/ Record/ Pts

T1. Lake County (4) /15-3/ 122

T1. Moore County (5) /16-2/ 122

3. Wayne County (1) /15-1/ 118

7. Clarkrange /12-3/ 55

8. Loretto /14-4/ 46

This is another typical mid season poll. They always put West Tn teams at the top, and there are always alot of West Tn teams in the top ten. They play weak schedules and thus have good records, but when they get to the buro' they are ALWAYS beaten by the teams from Middle Tn and to be more specific District 7A. Moore Co. is as good as anyone in Class A as well and better than anyone except maybe Jackson County and then even that game will be a toss up. I just hope JC and Moore Co. get in opposite brackets come the state tournament because that is your championship game and it would be an injustice to have it any other way. No team out of the west has a chance against either of these two teams and i mean NO CHANCE!

This is another typical mid season poll. They always put West Tn teams at the top, and there are always alot of West Tn teams in the top ten. They play weak schedules and thus have good records, but when they get to the buro' they are ALWAYS beaten by the teams from Middle Tn and to be more specific District 7A. Moore Co. is as good as anyone in Class A as well and better than anyone except maybe Jackson County and then even that game will be a toss up. I just hope JC and Moore Co. get in opposite brackets come the state tournament because that is your championship game and it would be an injustice to have it any other way. No team out of the west has a chance against either of these two teams and i mean NO CHANCE!

Jackson County is very good again this year. I think most around the state, especially after the state finals last year, have Moore Co. as the favorite. But to say no team from the west has a chance against the first two mentioned is not an educated post. While I am an avid Upper Cumberland fan, Lake County is for real and has a really good team that will (or at least should) be there in the end. With that said, I think MC and LC are the 2 top favorites IMO. I think JC's lack of depth will get them although come tourney time I will definately be cheering for them.