2010 ALL-State Volleyball

Knoxvb

Phargis,

I want to THANK YOU for all the great comments about Scarlet Gable! She truly has been a joy to watch the past 4 years at Munford High School! My oldest daughter, Brandi, played with Scarlet for 3 years, my youngest, Kelsey, played with her 1 year! Kelsey wants to be an outside hitter just like Scarlet! Scarlet Gable put Munford Volleyball on the map!

You have always been a big fan of Scarlet and volleyball, and I thank you and respect you for all the kind words!

Congratulations to Scarlet and all the other players in this great state selected to the 'TSWA All-State Volleyball Team'!

I hope everyone who reads and comments on the CoachtT website will continue to pray for our troops in harms way, and their families! Scarlet's dad, Phillip, is proudly serving the USNavy aboard the USS G.H.Bush!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somehow I knew of the service connection from someone who was in a Tournament a couple of years ago. I think we all remember parents that are in the service. You have to realize to be called the "Flyin Hawaian" makes you want to look up the player to at least see what she looks like and then when one runs across the stats, its hard to forget. Scarlett will play for Belmont University this next year so I understand. Munford will miss her and I would say you are correct when you say she put Munford on the map for Volleyball. Most players from small schools have that distinction although Munford is not necessarily a real small school. Its a school in a small town likely. Good Luck.

If this applies to your information on your Web Site or on the Coacht site, Coaches might consider the information you might be giving out to those looking for players who might have scholarships available. First, numerous web sites have taken down information concerning players such as Rosters(containing the year the player is playing in school), position, etc. The record of the school might be needed which includes hown far the school went their season, a Coaches name and web address and since Volleyball is the first Fall Sport of the year, it would be good to keep information on the Web Site for at least 6 months after the season ends. Someone might like to see, at least, the year the player graduates before spending the time pursuing information. Nothing given..........nothing received.

• 1 month later...

This is complete crap. DB's setter was the best volleyball player in the state. Not to mention best setter. Their Middle is better then all three of the middles listed as well. How can you say they did a good job selecting this team? Find me a better outside than Riverdale's OS as well.

I am not saying the kids on the list arent good. I think the coach of the year should have been Karns coach. Who wins at Karns? Ever?

I'm a South fan and hate everything DB, but you are 100% correct on this one. If Rutledge & Hardy weren't all-state material, no one was. And, they finished SECOND IN THE STATE.

I'm a South fan and hate everything DB, but you are 100% correct on this one. If Rutledge & Hardy weren't all-state material, no one was. And, they finished SECOND IN THE STATE.

We can continue to hash this and my post 22 tried to explain my position but reasoning as to why they were left off was not given. Some years players were left off because their names were not turned in. In defense of DB, Coach Smith and the players and the fine Dobyns-Bennett school and anyone else that was left off, most all of them will be playing somewhere next year and maybe a years time will allow the system to be tweaked. Dobyns played all over Middle and East Tennessee this past year and their exposure to Volleyball fans as past State Champion could not have been done any better thanks to Coach Smith.

And I do agree to have a South Fan, with the rivalry that exists in Upper East Tennessee between not only those two schools but I could namee some more, your post should ring like a loud bell to the selection committee.