District 9-A

CoffeeBreak

With most diamonds nestled under a blanket of snow it seems like a good time to talk about BASEBALL...

Can't remember exactly the final standings last year but it was something like:

1. Eagleville (advanced to state tournament)

2. Cascase

3. Forrest

4. MTCS

5. Huntland

6. Moore County

7. Community

8. Boyd Christian

Any predictions for the upcoming season? Should be some pretty good starting pitching returning for many teams.

I believe the top 4 and Moore Co will be battling it out again this year. I think Huntland may be a little down but could be wrong, not sure about their pitching. Forrest may be especially tough this year. Cascade has their two starting pitchers returning as does Eagleville who only lost two seniors from last years team.

I believe the top 4 and Moore Co will be battling it out again this year. I think Huntland may be a little down but could be wrong, not sure about their pitching. Forrest may be especially tough this year. Cascade has their two starting pitchers returning as does Eagleville who only lost two seniors from last years team.

Huntland has Bradley back. Not sure about their other district starting pitcher. Who are the pitchers for Moore County? I think the District will be very good this year.

Moore County will have Van back and he's really tough. I'm not sure about the rest of their pitching.

I remember him from last year -- he is tough. Eagleville's two starters are back, Cascade has the 2010 District Pitcher of the Year back, Huntland has returning pitching, hopefully MTCS's ace stays healthy -- should be some really good baseball this year.

• 2 weeks later...

With most diamonds nestled under a blanket of snow it seems like a good time to talk about BASEBALL...

Can't remember exactly the final standings last year but it was something like:

1. Eagleville (advanced to state tournament)

2. Cascase

3. Forrest

4. MTCS

5. Huntland

6. Moore County

7. Community

8. Boyd Christian

Any predictions for the upcoming season? Should be some pretty good starting pitching returning for many teams.

Check your source....Huntland finished 3rd after losing to Eagleville by 1 run....Bradley and Williams (pitchers) are both back....should be a fun year...cant wait

Check your source....Huntland finished 3rd after losing to Eagleville by 1 run....Bradley and Williams (pitchers) are both back....should be a fun year...cant wait

WIN: yep -- the issue is mixing the regular season final standings with the results of the tournament where you have two independent 4-team brackets. Went back to the old posts and found:

Regular season finished Cascade, Eagleville, Huntland, MTCS, Forrest, Moore County, Community, Boyd Christian. However, in the Tournament Eagleville beat Cascade in the final of finals; Eagleville beat Huntland in one bracket final and Cascade beat Forrest in the other bracket final. MTCS and Moore County lost in the semi-finals of the two brackets. Boyd and Community were the first out in the two brackets.

All of that is done. Little over one week until first day of official practice.

Boyd went to the State finals and came in Second. the couldnt touch Stephen Gants fastball.

Different Boyd -- I think you are talking about Boyd Buchanan Christian School out of Chattanooga. The District 9-A Boyd is FC Boyd Christian School in McMinnville, TN. They didn't go to the state but probably wouldn't be able to touch Stephen Gants fastball either.