District 9-A

CoffeeBreak

Eagleville could be better than last year, but may not make it back to the state. Ic Coach Moore still there?

Coach Moore still around. Eagleville had a magical year last year. Most of their players are back. Of the most significance, their two starting district pitchers are back. They both pitch a ton of innings and do not make many mistakes.

Different Boyd -- I think you are talking about Boyd Buchanan Christian School out of Chattanooga. The District 9-A Boyd is FC Boyd Christian School in McMinnville, TN. They didn't go to the state but probably wouldn't be able to touch Stephen Gants fastball either.

I'd say that's a big 10-4

Eagleville could be better than last year, but may not make it back to the state. Ic Coach Moore still there?

Yeah getting to State is not easy and takes a little luck too. Take last year Nashville Christian knocked powerhouse Summertown out of it and Cascade lost to Nashville Christian on a very controversial play. I would expect Riverside to be a juggernaut this year again, they still have Gant. Man I can't wait to get this season going. We will have our first scrimmage next Saturday, weather permitting.

Any updates from the first few days of practices? When do your team's exhibition games start. MTCS plays Columbia Academy on Monday.

Eagleville played Central Magnet this past Saturday. Pitching looked pretty good overall, hitting was a little behind as is expected this time of year but overall they played pretty well, if you were counting Eagleville won 5-2. Central has a few good hitters and one decent pitcher. They like the fastball but couldn't handle the breaking balls. The JV game was difficult to tell as about 20 players were in and out of the game. One note, one of Eagleville's two third basemen decided he didn't want to play his senior year after doing workouts and early morning pitching all winter, go figure so this will change positioning depending who's on the mound. How did MTCS fare Monday.

Eagleville played Central Magnet this past Saturday. Pitching looked pretty good overall, hitting was a little behind as is expected this time of year but overall they played pretty well, if you were counting Eagleville won 5-2. Central has a few good hitters and one decent pitcher. They like the fastball but couldn't handle the breaking balls. The JV game was difficult to tell as about 20 players were in and out of the game. One note, one of Eagleville's two third basemen decided he didn't want to play his senior year after doing workouts and early morning pitching all winter, go figure so this will change positioning depending who's on the mound. How did MTCS fare Monday.

MTCS was soundly thrashed Monday by Columbia Academy. I know it is pre-season and it is early and all of that stuff but the boys need step it up in the intensity department. Need some fire-in-the-belly if you know what I mean.

Redkuda -- how many baseball boys are still playing hoops at Eagleville?