Livingston Academy @ Smith Co.

LAfan4Life

This is sad when you think about it. No offense to the rest of the district teams, but this district is now back to not even being considered a threat come regional tournament time. Teams/coaches in the other district all knew that the road to the state tournament went through Livingston Academy. Looks like that is no longer an issue without Coach Melton in the picture.

This is sad when you think about it. No offense to the rest of the district teams, but this district is now back to not even being considered a threat come regional tournament time. Teams/coaches in the other district all knew that the road to the state tournament went through Livingston Academy. Looks like that is no longer an issue without Coach Melton in the picture.

True. I hate it for the kids and for the true supporters of LA. Even though you might not agree with his ways, you can't argue with his record.

Where are all those jokers questioning my statement of a sub par district the other night? Everyone in the area is thankful that Overton county board of education is so out of control because it has made everyone else's life so much easier. Coach miller is a good coach and will be ok if he continues but LA is on it's way back down. This whole situation reminds me of an eminem song "what happens when karma turns right around to bite you? And everything you stand for turns on you to spite you? Well I think overton counties board of Ed can possibly answer that question. Might wanna call coach Melton back, double his pay, fire the director and board members, and maybe they can salvage something out of this season...but since we all know they're too proud for that to happen, guess it is just gonna be a long long rest of the year....I always heard that it is a long painful fall from the top....guess la is finding that out.

play 4 Fun- You give up to easy. Melton leaving mid-season however was not good for any program. Don't feel like you are out in the rain by yourself. There are a few other counties have the same problem LA has. What is bad is for the players who have worked so hard for the program and see it destroyed by elected officals who have screwed up the school system and now will do the same to a sports program. LA will be back on top some day!

Where are all those jokers questioning my statement of a sub par district the other night? Everyone in the area is thankful that Overton county board of education is so out of control because it has made everyone else's life so much easier. Coach miller is a good coach and will be ok if he continues but LA is on it's way back down. This whole situation reminds me of an eminem song "what happens when karma turns right around to bite you? And everything you stand for turns on you to spite you? Well I think overton counties board of Ed can possibly answer that question. Might wanna call coach Melton back, double his pay, fire the director and board members, and maybe they can salvage something out of this season...but since we all know they're too proud for that to happen, guess it is just gonna be a long long rest of the year....I always heard that it is a long painful fall from the top....guess la is finding that out.

Here we go with this all over again. I have nothing against Coach Melton. Don't agree with some of his actions. I have nothing against the school board or the director. Don't agree with some of their actions. I am however tired of hearing how they got rid of Coach Melton. He was offered a suspension which he refused and then was asked to resign. Had he accepted the suspension he would still be coach! It seems most people either don't know this or don't understand this. Who's to blame? I would say a little of both. I, like most people, wish it had never happened. No doubt he is a very good coach. I'll ask you again--what would you have done if you were the director?

Here we go with this all over again. I have nothing against Coach Melton. Don't agree with some of his actions. I have nothing against the school board or the director. Don't agree with some of their actions. I am however tired of hearing how they got rid of Coach Melton. He was offered a suspension which he refused and then was asked to resign. Had he accepted the suspension he would still be coach! It seems most people either don't know this or don't understand this. Who's to blame? I would say a little of both. I, like most people, wish it had never happened. No doubt he is a very good coach. I'll ask you again--what would you have done if you were the director?

I for one am tired reading stuff like your post. I understand the situation fully. My thoughts are that no one with an ounce of self-respect would have taken the so called indefinite suspension. The director never actually told Melton if or when he could come back, but the fact that there was nothing to suspend him over is what made it such a joke. So the guy broke a radio. If I was the director I would have made sure that he paid for it (which he did the next day) and make sure that I had a conversation with the coach advising him to be careful with school property considering this was the only incident in his career at LA. Three board members called/meet with the director and advised him of what he needed to do and he did it. If Melton would have taken the suspension they were going to replace him next season anyways with this as there justification.

The deed is done. The sad thing is that the director and the board don't care about the students that it is affecting. They don't care that it demolished the LA boy's program. They are just happy that they got someone they disliked out and a good ol' boy in.

I for one am tired reading stuff like your post. I understand the situation fully. My thoughts are that no one with an ounce of self-respect would have taken the so called indefinite suspension. The director never actually told Melton if or when he could come back, but the fact that there was nothing to suspend him over is what made it such a joke. So the guy broke a radio. If I was the director I would have made sure that he paid for it (which he did the next day) and make sure that I had a conversation with the coach advising him to be careful with school property considering this was the only incident in his career at LA. Three board members called/meet with the director and advised him of what he needed to do and he did it. If Melton would have taken the suspension they were going to replace him next season anyways with this as there justification.

The deed is done. The sad thing is that the director and the board don't care about the students that it is affecting. They don't care that it demolished the LA boy's program. They are just happy that they got someone they disliked out and a good ol' boy in.

A little early in the day for you to post Up2Late, I mean, DominanceLost.

OLD CAT FAN - I see how this all played out we are not mis-understanding or as slow as you think we are. They probable went to him and stated we are going to execute you, which do you want firing squad or hanging. It appears he escaped the prison! LA started with a couple of losses and some fans broke nervous. Also there are other roads to success in this District than going through LA I am even not that delusional!!!

That statement is not very fair. In a broad sense, you may think you know what you are talking about. Any board or director that don't care about kids is in the wrong line of, for lack of a better word, work. Speaking individually about the board "not caring about the students" is not a fair assessment. That hits a lot closer to home for some than it does for others.