Livingston Academy @ Pickett Co.

LAfan4Life

Who wins?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this rivalry game?

• Livingston Academy
    • Pickett County

Glad to see LA get a win, but nothing to be proud of really considering we were expected to win by 25+. The Clarkrange game will be similar. I don't think we need to be worrying about Jackson Co. Could LA beat them by 25+ as well? Yes they could. Will they? Probably not by that much, but LA will win the rematch (or they should anyways). LA needs to focus on keep its streak of district championships going, which isn't likely to happen. I good year for LA from this point on will be winning the district, where as in years past a good year was making it to the state tournament.

Is this team capable of making some noise during tourney time? I think they are, but I doubt that they do. Word is that practices are no longer taken all that seriously at LA and that the fire and drive that Livingston was once known for is no longer there. Livingston no longer intimidates their opponents.

4th...Glad to see LA win and play like the team we have come to expect to see although the naysayers are pretty quiet on the boards.

I consider myself a "naysayer". There is nothing for us to say. Livingston has lost their edge. I think that is easy to see. Us already being 3-2 in the district says it all. We still have a game left with Upperman and Smith Co. each. In case you forgot, they have both already but use once. Plus, we still have 2 games left against Cannon Co. A team that many considered a threat before this season ever started. This season has already been a disappointment. However, winning out and taking this district would make up for that.

Players are saying that Coach Miller is now starting to try to change things and implement his own "strategy" and that they are getting away from the things Melton had installed. I couldn't think of a worse thing to do in the middle of the season than to change something they have been doing for the past few years...

Not hardly time to celebrate but it was nice to see us get out of our shooting slump! Gonna take time, problem is we dont have much time. These young men need our undivided support and I think they will get it. LA has great fans and alot are hurt, but we have to remember who this is all about. I am a fan without a kid playing and the team has my full support. :thumb:

Good post! :thumb:

I consider myself a "naysayer". There is nothing for us to say. Livingston has lost their edge. I think that is easy to see. Us already being 3-2 in the district says it all. We still have a game left with Upperman and Smith Co. each. In case you forgot, they have both already but use once. Plus, we still have 2 games left against Cannon Co. A team that many considered a threat before this season ever started. This season has already been a disappointment. However, winning out and taking this district would make up for that.

Players are saying that Coach Miller is now starting to try to change things and implement his own "strategy" and that they are getting away from the things Melton had installed. I couldn't think of a worse thing to do in the middle of the season than to change something they have been doing for the past few years...

No more games with Smith Co. Already played them twice. Sad that LA would have to even be concerned with how many times they have played Smith Co. Cannon Co. might present some problems. It's obvious new "strategy" has been brought in. You don't have to watch them long to notice that. Does the dress code exist anymore? I notice managers wear whatever they want. With the ex coach, all dressed the same. Maybe the more "reLAXed" atmosphere will take the Cats to where they want to go.

No more games with Smith Co. Already played them twice. Sad that LA would have to even be concerned with how many times they have played Smith Co. Cannon Co. might present some problems. It's obvious new "strategy" has been brought in. You don't have to watch them long to notice that. Does the dress code exist anymore? I notice managers wear whatever they want. With the ex coach, all dressed the same. Maybe the more "reLAXed" atmosphere will take the Cats to where they want to go.

:shock: I just knew it. Them dad-gum managers getting to wear what they want has caused a lot of our problems. Shame on them. Now, if we can just get them to dress alike, winning out should be no problem. :roflol:

Edited by rabbitranch

As a team you don't become good or bad over night and I know LA has the talent to defeat anyone in this area any class. Saying that they haven't played up to their potencial in many games this year and the coaching change didn't help any nor did it bring on the reasons for not playing well. LA will compete for district before all is said and done has the ability to explode on someone and win really big and I hope its not JC but theres a lot of size and talent on that team that will not stay silent all year. It would not surprize me if they're still playing when some of the leaders now in district are out.

I got news for ya daddy, if you're going to hang your hat on beating JC then so be it but if i was you i would try to win my district first, that would be the first thing i would worry about. As far as beating us well the best you can do is split the season with us which is alot worse than what you should have done. Maybe thats your superbowl now beating JC and i can understand why since you can't win your district and will be done after the semi's of the region because it takes a coach to get past that round and ya'll aint got one!! So beat up on the Class A schools all you want if it makes you feel good, we'll start calling ya'll Cookeville North ! hahahaha

Refresh my memory, just who was the coach when LA lost to JC by 20+. Based on your twisted theory, JC should win the next one by more than that, since according to you,"LA don't have one now"! :unsure:

Edited by rabbitranch

Sure hope he's getting away from the 'strategy' that was used in the JC game. Hogeye is going in the right direction. It's a pleasure to see smiles on these young men's faces. GO HOGEYE! :thumb:

I got news for ya daddy, if you're going to hang your hat on beating JC then so be it but if i was you i would try to win my district first, that would be the first thing i would worry about. As far as beating us well the best you can do is split the season with us which is alot worse than what you should have done. Maybe thats your superbowl now beating JC and i can understand why since you can't win your district and will be done after the semi's of the region because it takes a coach to get past that round and ya'll aint got one!! So beat up on the Class A schools all you want if it makes you feel good, we'll start calling ya'll Cookeville North ! hahahaha

midtenn, i am not hanging my hat on that. You are the one flapping the fingers with ignorance over a loss to JC. You won but my money is on LA next time!! 8-AA is still up for grabs and LA can still win it.

Refresh my memory, just who was the coach when LA lost to JC by 20+. Based on your twisted theory, JC should win the next one by more than that, since according to you,"LA don't have one now"! :unsure:

rabbit...you gotta remember who you are dealing with here... :roflol:

Edited by BigDaddy_1

midtenn, i am not hanging my hat on that. You are the one flapping the fingers with ignorance over a loss to JC. You won but my money is on LA next time!! 8-AA is still up for grabs and LA can still win it.

rabbit...you gotta remember who you are dealing with here... :roflol:

All i can say is my money will be on JC. Are they suppose to win, most say no you're not suppose to beat LA with the talent they have but JC already has beaten them and the next game will be at JC so i like their chances. Either way it WILL be a good game! LA has a lot of talented players but JC does as well. LA's big men cannot guard Godwin although the young Ramsey isn't bad he is still a sophomore against a very good senior and while the other Ramsey is 6'7 he has no chance against Godwin JC will just pull it out and give it to him and make Ramsey come out then he will just drive past him and dunk it on him, and the rest of the players matchup pretty evenly and JC has better coaching so i give the edge to JC in what will be a close game. No love loss between the schools even though they aren't in the same classification its still a big rivalry. We respect LA and yes even i do, and they are very capable of beating us because they are so talented and give us alot of match up problems as well so it should be a good game but in the grand scheme of things both teams would rather win a district game instead of this one. I still say ya'll have lost your mind firing you coach but thats water under the bridge. Ya'll have a good day!!!! :popcorneater: