True No. 1 Team

2blLeg

They do, and Coach Drinkwine did a fantastic job while he was there, and the Freedom coaching staff are awesome people. Freedom hosted the Sonic Inv for a long time. They both have good feeders.

Ravenwood's middle school, Sunset, is one of the best in the mid state. Their kids also wrestle for the Williamson County Wrestling Club which feeds pretty much all the Williamson County School. Either way they are still doing a great job over there!

May be Similar to Blackman, Walker Valley, Hixson,,, many of the talented middle schoolers are spread out more to other schools,,, like in their case, the Franklins, Indy's, B-wood's, and a few privates. :thumb: .. Peck does an extraordinary job developing the first timers into medalists and a well balanced dual squad as you will likely see this week. Again, no real "designated" feeder to build on. Before you comment, go ask the Ravens themselves.

Soddy and Bradley will likely be the true D-1 Number One & Two and Baylor and Christian Brothers for D-2.... IF THE BRACKETS WORK OUT RIGHT & Providing that peaking factor combined with Simpson/Connell shuffling does not come into play! ...just my gut :thumb:

• Upvote 2

I think Science Hill drops in around 8th. I know everyone in the middle of the state thinks wrestling stops at the Knoxville line................but Science Hill is the cream of the crop (as a whole team) in East TN past Chattanooga. They finished 3rd last year and this year's team looks equally as strong. (They would have finished second but Cleveland got the seeding SH should have had). The state duals should be interesting this year.

I would not put The Hill that high, especially since they got a whoopin from a team that didn't even make it to state duals, Franklin, at Cleveland duals.

PRT iii :flower:

I would not put The Hill that high, especially since they got a whoopin from a team that didn't even make it to state duals, Franklin, at Cleveland duals.

PRT iii :flower:

I guess the good news is, unlike college football, the matches will get settled on the mat and not by a bunch of people in a poll (or on a message board).

Peck does an extraordinary job developing the first timers into medalists and a well balanced dual squad as you will likely see this week. Again, no real "designated" feeder to build on. Before you comment, go ask the Ravens themselves.

Sunset is one of two Ravenwood designated feeder schools (Woodland is the other), and just finished their fourth year with a Williamson County tournament championship. They had 7 champions this year who Coach Peck hopes to see in Raptor singlets for the next four years. Actually, Ravenwood starters this year from 103 to 130 are all from Sunset. You are correct that Coach Peck is a great coach, but he does have designated feeder schools. Did you check with the Ravens before your post?

Coach Drinkwine and Mays started the Sunset program in the school first year in 2006. As sixth and seventh graders in 2006, the wrestlers were competitive but just learning the ropes. By 2007 and 2008, Drinkwine and Mays had these boys on the wining track. You could tell they were well coach in fundamentals, especially since Drinkwine was a State Champion Wrestler in his high school days at John Overton.

Although the coaching was not as good at Woodland, it had talent. Coach Peck been coaching those boys up once they got into his program. The larger part of the Sunset wrestlers from 2006 are yet to reach their Senior year. Peck has done a excellent job of working with the Sunset and Woodland coaches and it seems to be paying dividends as the result.

Drinkwine has since moved into administration as the Assistant Principal at the new Spring Station Middle.

Bradley has always been the best. We all hate to admit it, but we know they are. Some may occasionaly come close to beating them. And once every few years, someone may come along with a win...but there is no one with a history like those Bears. The truth is the truth. I have learned that you give respect where it is due. And the Bears ARE the best. They have been for many many years.