District 7 AA

Kryptonite11

• 1 month later...

Sequatchie will be very young this year losing 7 starters from last year and a freshman that started some. We will have to grow up quickly. Seq has two Seniors and four Juniors and the rest Sophomores and Freshmen. However, I think we will compete for the district again this year.

I am not real sure what everyone else has or lost but, I would expect CCS and Grundy to be the toughest opponents.

Sequatchie will be very young this year losing 7 starters from last year and a freshman that started some. We will have to grow up quickly. Seq has two Seniors and four Juniors and the rest Sophomores and Freshmen. However, I think we will compete for the district again this year.

I am not real sure what everyone else has or lost but, I would expect CCS and Grundy to be the toughest opponents.

Davenport will keep CCS competitive with a chance to split with every district opponent. Grundy returns 7 starters from last years team. They also return their entire pitching staff. Grundy also adds a promising freshman class once again this year. The Yellow Jackets split with all district teams last year except CCS. Who knows whats in store for district 7AA. Could be interesting once again. What about the Irish and Warriors? Grundy travels to Cascade today barring any rain.

I was disappointed in the article on the Red Bank-Boyd game, when it mentioned Red Bank "slept" through a 7-1 loss to Sequatchie. If a statement like that is made there need to be specifics to back it up. Otherwise it shows total bias, not what should be taking place in a regional newspaper.

From what I was told later in the day, Sequatchie hit the ball well and the game wasn't just given away.

I was disappointed in the article on the Red Bank-Boyd game, when it mentioned Red Bank "slept" through a 7-1 loss to Sequatchie. If a statement like that is made there need to be specifics to back it up. Otherwise it shows total bias, not what should be taking place in a regional newspaper.

From what I was told later in the day, Sequatchie hit the ball well and the game wasn't just given away.

They didn't sleep through the game Indian, they had no answer for Tyler Kilgore and his curve ball. Seq attacked the baseball instead of getting behind in the count like they have been doing. Which resulted in much better hitting.

I know if and buts get you nothing, however Sequatchie should have been 4-0 in this tournament playing in the championship game Sunday.

• 3 weeks later...