Oneida Basketball

81booger

I have seen the Lady Indians play several times this year and they appear unmotivated and have a don't care attitude in most games. Whats wrong and can they get it together this year? If i am not mistaken they had everyone coming back from last years team and should have been a contender for the dist. 4 title this year.

I have seen the Lady Indians play several times this year and they appear unmotivated and have a don't care attitude in most games. Whats wrong and can they get it together this year? If i am not mistaken they had everyone coming back from last years team and should have been a contender for the dist. 4 title this year.

They may have a chance to make it to the region this year but they don't have a chance to win the 4a title. The loss at Wartburg the other night proved that. Wartburg beat them with a team that is a year away from being a contender. Also, we've been bitten by the injury bug and that will be a problem in tournaments. As of now I believe that they are #4 in 4a. Picking right now I will say Oakdale is your champions, Coalfield is #2, Oliver Springs is #3, and Oneida is #4. If Wartburg hadn't lost their post girl on Monday I would put them in 3rd place. You can't rest on them this time of year, and I believe they could be the best team in 4a next year. Can't get over how they dominated us. That is really where our slide started!

They may have a chance to make it to the region this year but they don't have a chance to win the 4a title. The loss at Wartburg the other night proved that. Wartburg beat them with a team that is a year away from being a contender. Also, we've been bitten by the injury bug and that will be a problem in tournaments. As of now I believe that they are #4 in 4a. Picking right now I will say Oakdale is your champions, Coalfield is #2, Oliver Springs is #3, and Oneida is #4. If Wartburg hadn't lost their post girl on Monday I would put them in 3rd place. You can't rest on them this time of year, and I believe they could be the best team in 4a next year. Can't get over how they dominated us. That is really where our slide started!

I do think Oakdale will win the district, but you can never count out Wartburg or OZ during post season play. They both tend to play their best ball during tournament time.

As for Wartburg being the best team next year, I'm just not ready to agree. They'll have 7 total players return next year. Lots of girls have quit this year from what I've heard was lack of playing time. Currently it looks like the coach is playing all the remaining girls, so they'll all return with some experience howbeit small. Oakdale returns some dominate players again next year, so just might be the team to watch again.

I do think Oakdale will win the district, but you can never count out Wartburg or OZ during post season play. They both tend to play their best ball during tournament time.

As for Wartburg being the best team next year, I'm just not ready to agree. They'll have 7 total players return next year. Lots of girls have quit this year from what I've heard was lack of playing time. Currently it looks like the coach is playing all the remaining girls, so they'll all return with some experience howbeit small. Oakdale returns some dominate players again next year, so just might be the team to watch again.

The thing that will put Wartburg over next year is the introduction of those two super Freshmen posts from their middle school. I saw them play a few times this year and those girls are impressive. As far as their high school team goes they have played 11 kids all season from what I've seen. I had heard that some kids quit due to seeing the handwriting on the wall that next years freshmen class is loaded,! I am ready to say that they will be 1 or 2 next year. From what I've seen they have had a typical re-building year where the coach has to find the kids that are going to stick it out.

The thing that will put Wartburg over next year is the introduction of those two super Freshmen posts from their middle school. I saw them play a few times this year and those girls are impressive. As far as their high school team goes they have played 11 kids all season from what I've seen. I had heard that some kids quit due to seeing the handwriting on the wall that next years freshmen class is loaded,! I am ready to say that they will be 1 or 2 next year. From what I've seen they have had a typical re-building year where the coach has to find the kids that are going to stick it out.

Yes I agree completely with you, those kids at the middle school in wartburg have have a ton of talent. They also have some very athletic kids coming up. Maybe a serious dynasty brewing for them at wartburg high school!

How did the serious "dynasty" do Saturday? OMS girls play today at the same tournament Wartburg is in, which team is better? I haven't seen WMS play, but the Oneida girls are 18 - 2. Which would suggest that Oneida has some good ones, too. In fact, I think Oz is there as well. Apples and Oranges.

I believe that it is good for our district to see many teams at their best. It is hard to argue that Oneida hasn't slipped since their glory days, but Jackson is doing an excellent job with their middle school. The problem up there is that she isn't going to be their coach in High School. I think that O.S., and Wartburg have both outdone Oneida over the past 4 years, which is a complete cycle of players. If Jackson was coaching at the HS level you would see them right there, but I don't think from my observation this season they know what they are doing at the HS level.

Oneida should have won 20 games this year and at least tied for 1, but they were middle of the race in 4A, a 4A that has a down O.S. and Wartburg in it this year. We will see how things go for Oneida when O.S. and Wartburg get things going again in a year or so. Also, Oakdale will be very tough again next year so Oneida doesn't appear to be headed to dominance. This is the year for someone other than O.S. and Wart to be there since one will cancel the other out tuesday. I still hold them as two of the best programs in A, you have got to put Coalfield in there also. Oneida has much to prove, they haven't done very much in the past few years!

That certainly wasn't the case this past Friday when the Lady Indians played Oliver Springs in the final regular season game. There was a lot on the line! With a win, Oneida went from a five seed to a three seed in the District 4A Tournament and would get to host a first round tourney game on their home floor. Not to mention, this would be the first time the Lady Indians had swept OS in the regular season in longer than most of us can remember.

They came out with intensity, sense-of-purpose, and focus that was as strong as they have displayed all season. The coaching staff made a masterful move not to press (I'm not convinced we have the personnel on this team to press anyone), but their half-court defense was stifling. Offensively, we were patient til someone got an open look and they knocked down shots that they're supposed to. This was a complete TEAM victory and while I realize it was only one game, I believe it could be the springboard that propels these girls to make some noise in the D4A Tourney.

A win tomorrow over Sunbright in all probability would mean a third meeting this season with Coalfield (as long as they take care of their business with Jellico). I hope this "New-found" enthusiasm and intensity can carry Oneida into and through the D4A Tourney, because the twenty point win over OS Friday was not a fluke and they have already proven they can Oakdale to the buzzer. Of course, if anything about the history of the D4A Girls Tournament can aid us in predicting what the outcome might be this year, it's only that there are any one of five teams that have a shot at winning the title and landing in any order in the 2, 3, and 4 spots that will get you in the Region 2A Tournament. (Wow! What a match-up for the 4 vs. 5. OS is the 4, but has to be played @ Wartburg because of seating capacity? Is that true? Not an ideal set up, especially, considering Wartburg has already proven they can beat the Lady Bobcats once this season. It's a shame one of their season's will be over tomorrow night.).

Good Luck Lady Indians. We wish you the best and truly believe you are strong enough to bring the district championship back to Oneida. Now, all you have to do is believe and go out do it. Remember, most of all, enjoy and treasure these moments; they're some of the best you are going to have from this time of your life (whether you are winning or learning how to win).

How did the serious "dynasty" do Saturday? OMS girls play today at the same tournament Wartburg is in, which team is better? I haven't seen WMS play, but the Oneida girls are 18 - 2. Which would suggest that Oneida has some good ones, too. In fact, I think Oz is there as well. Apples and Oranges.

Yes the serious dynasty WON(17-5)YA DIGG, I was talking about girls, this is girls basketball forum . I have seen ONEIDA middle play, different kind of team than WARTBURG or OS, They only play about 5 whole game, Wartburg has big physical play, kinda like a kansas, OS has superior fast guard play. Be interesting to see how this turns out, for these high school teams, OS and ONeida has most to lose, Oneida, example, what changes will happen at the helm, and at OS always tough issue with a bunch of ppl wanting to coach from stands and alot of pressure being put on coaching staff... Wartburg, has most to gain from good middle school class. Great basketball on the rise next yr!!

Good luck to everybody in the tournament. Lets just cheer these kids on for this season, and let next year take care of itself next year. Lots of great Seniors in 4A that don't look ready to turn the page to 2011-2012 as quick as some fans are. :popcorneater:

I for one am always pleased to see the class that Oneida's girls play with and hope that the team that wins 4A is a team that can rep the district the best in the regionals and hopefully the state. As for if they can right the ship? Well I think they have done that.....I've been there before and it isn't an easy task. Far as I'm concerned there have been ups and downs for each team in 4A, how much the teams learned from the process of a long grind will determine who the best tournament team is. :thumb:

I agree with most of the post on the Oneida girls. They can be a very good time as well as a very bad team. At this point they need to take it upon themselves. They can win the 4A crown. It will be hard to put the constant screaming from the sidelines out of their minds and the senseless substitution patterns and just play ball, but they can do it. They have as strong of a 7 player rotation as their is in this area.Certainly not a pressing team, but there is effort.