District 5 AAA prediction

HeavyHitter71

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1A. Walker Valley (All the tools and a ton of arms)

1B. Soddy Daisy (Great young players but will be tough to replace Stephens and McWilliams. Have the best coach)

3. Rhea County (Most everybody back and a good new coach has everybody excited)

4. Cleveland (Good young players and they will be there in the end)

5. Ooltewah (They lost everybody!)

6. Bradley (Good young players but losing Brand will hurt on Mondays)

7. McMinn (Massengill is a stud but they dont have much else)

• 2 weeks later...

1. Walker Valley- They are loaded and will be the favorite to win the district.

2. Soddy Daisy- Always puts a good teams on the field. They have the players to be very good.

3. Cleveland- Always a tough team to play.

4. Rhea Co.- New coach, renewed energy in the program, and a lot of returning players.

5. Bradley- Always seem to have a good team, but maybe a little down this year.

6. Ooltewah- As much as I am buds with Coach Hitchcox. I see a long rebuilding year for them.

7. McMinn- I just don't know if they can be competitive this year.

2. Soddy Daisy- Always puts a good teams on the field. They have the players to be very good.

4. Rhea Co.- New coach, renewed energy in the program, and a lot of returning players.

6. Ooltewah- As much as I am buds with Coach Hitchcox. I see a long rebuilding year for them.

I think Coach Hitchcox has observers right where he wants them. This team will only start one sophomore position player and maybe one other underclassmen as a possible DH. Other than that, this is a team comprised of some talented players that simply had to wait their turn. Keep in mind that the last two classes had 12 or 13 seniors. Just because they waited their turn and were in the shadows of the class before them doesn't mean they can't play. They have two underclassmen that are being actively recruited by several D-I schools including from the SEC/ACC. They have other players that are being recruited by smaller schools and jucos.

I would say WV is the pre-season favorite because of their stellar senior pitching. I would say Ooltewah matches up with their every day lineup very well. Soddy will rise and fall with their pitching but will put a very good every day lineup on the field. I would say Ooltewah will field the third best team and Rhea is a darkhorse to win the district because of their two senior pitchers, but I don't know if the qb's heart will be in it because of his football future.

Cleveland had alot of young players transfer to Walker Valley last season. I believe they will dropoff comsiderably from the last two seasons and will battle for the basement with Bradley and McMinn. But on a given night, McMinn can beat anyone if Masengale is on his game. McMinn has three or four good seniors, but from what I understand, they have nothing coming on behind them.

• 3 weeks later...

The biggest shock of the first night of 5AAA action was how Soddy dismantled McMinn and their ace Drew Masingale. We know Soddy is going to hit the ball, but they clobbered McMinn.

Next, I really thought Cleveland would struggle with their pitching but it appears they got a good effort in beating an always tough Rhea County.

Lastly, Ooltewah is going to be much better than most anticipate after beating Walker Valley 5-4. They beat Houston Spencer who beat Ooltewah twice last season. If Ooltewah does the unthinkable and sweeps Walker Valley tonight, Ooltewah becomes the team to beat, in my opinion. Solid Pitching,timely hitting, and great defense carried the day for the Owls in their first outing. Ooltewah looks well coached and has a bunch of no name players that you will know about by the end of the year.

The biggest shock of the first night of 5AAA action was how Soddy dismantled McMinn and their ace Drew Masingale. We know Soddy is going to hit the ball, but they clobbered McMinn.

Next, I really thought Cleveland would struggle with their pitching but it appears they got a good effort in beating an always tough Rhea County.

Lastly, Ooltewah is going to be much better than most anticipate after beating Walker Valley 5-4. They beat Houston Spencer who beat Ooltewah twice last season. If Ooltewah does the unthinkable and sweeps Walker Valley tonight, Ooltewah becomes the team to beat, in my opinion. Solid Pitching,timely hitting, and great defense carried the day for the Owls in their first outing. Ooltewah looks well coached and has a bunch of no name players that you will know about by the end of the year.

Walker Valley beat Ooltewah 3 to 1 behind the pitching of Tennessee signee Brandon Zajac who must havestruck out 18 batters to night while scattering 4 hits. He ran into some trouble with his control and had to work his way out of some jams but pitched well in front of several pro scouts.

ooltewah countered with a young, sophomore left hander Kevin Dupree who may become the next big thing from Ooltewah. Ooltewah is going to surprise many this season and don't be surprised if they win the region.

good for WV.... Too bad WV's Coach will throw zcracks arm out like he does everyone i mean heck when you strike out 16 and walk 8 boss your looking at 130 pitches. Stay hot in hurting arms Walker Valley. Oh by the way did Burrell, i believe that was his name, still have an arm after WV coach threw him 16 inn. in 3 days in the district tourny, or did he have to have it cut off due to pain? lol...

Yes, McMinn was stunned Monday. However, last night we were a different team! The win was great. Mcminn over SD 4-1.

• 2 weeks later...