OAK RIDGE FOOTBALL

Oakridge

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Oak Ridge subject has been beaten to death. All... and I do mean ALL of the detractors are keeping a low profile. The Oak Ridge football savvy fans/detractors aren't stupid... they are going to let the season play out. The season is not over and nothing will be said by anyone that would possibly distract the team. The focus at the present time is on the remaining schedule... William Blount, Farragut, Ooltewah, and Soddy Daisy.

Right now Oak Ridge is 5 and 1. Their only loss was to 3A cross-county rival Anderson County.

Looking at the rest of the schedule it is possible Oak Ridge could go 5 and 5 for the season... or, they could go 9 and 1. Let's wait and see.

Oak Ridge may finish 9-1 and win a playoff game or two, but this does not change problems in the system.

First, Oak Ridge should never lose to a 3-A team. Second, why did it take so long to get people in the right place and the right people on the field? Examples are Gulmire not playing much in the backfield until after Booker was injured and not giving any I-formation looks until last week.

No offense to the players that were replaced or shuffled, but Gulmire makes Oak Ridge's Wing-T go, because any back can break a big run. The first game might have been different had he been used. Second, getting Booker some touches out of the I-formation is a good idea for a change of pace. It is sad he didn't get this chance before the middle of his junior year.

The boys are performing at a very high level, but I don't know if the coaches should break their arms patting themselves on the back.

I agree that Oak Ridge shouldn't lose to a 3A program. But give Anderson County credit, they are not your typical 3A program. When you start losing to the likes of Kingston, Loudon or Lenoir City you can complain. Just admit it....the redneck white boys at the north end of the county can play football.

Posted by bigdeal:

I agree that Oak Ridge shouldn't lose to a 3A program. But give Anderson County credit, they are not your typical 3A program. When you start losing to the likes of Kingston, Loudon or Lenoir City you can complain. Just admit it....the redneck white boys at the north end of the county can play football.

You're right AC is not the typical public 3A school. theyare the typical private AA school. They can recruit with the best of them. I'm sorry AC fans I couldn't resist that one. Much respect for your program AC fans. That's evident when you beat a good Oak Ridge team. Keep up the good work wildcats. Win the ones you have to win!!!! Fans the cat is back.

Oak Ridge is playing like Oak Ridge should be playing...Kicking tail. Give credit to the players.

It seems the best 11 are some how finding their way on the field instead of forcing so many "favorites" or "seniors". If this would have happened last year the season would have been more like this year! Wonder why?

Keep on rolling Wildcats! :o

Posted by bigdeal:

Anderson County is a very good 3-A team and should be applauded. However, it is not only that Oak Ridge lost to AC, it is how they lost. AC whipped Oak Ridge upfront, and Oak Ridge also played very undisciplined football that night. Additonally, Oak Ridge had people out of position or uninvolved, which might have changed the outcome.

SirP......what are you talking, about jumping on the wagon? The players are the difference...Don't kid yourself!

He still gotta go......

QUOTE>Posted by SirPettus:

I am so happy people are now jumping on the wagon now. The coaching staff is doing great this year. Go Wildcats!!!!!!! and Go Roadrunners!!!!!!!!!!!!!