11AA predictions

coachcutt

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harpeth stunk it up, at least 8 errors, at MC Friday night and loses 5-4, then the same teams goes to Smyrna on Saturday plays great baseball and beats powerhouse AAA Brentwood, and Smyrna. It was fun to watch, good baseball for a change. IMO the boys have got to be mentally stronger and ready to play every single time we take the field. No panic, we are 3-1 in district just a bad night, I am tired of playing in the cold.

Camden beats Creekwood 12-1. Blake Riley hits two homeruns and Taylor Douglas hits a homerun and pitches the complete game only giving up one run. He started off looking ugly but Creekwood wasn't able to take advantage. Best hit of the night for them the boy didn't hustle to first and got thrown out by the right fielder.

I never thought Camden would take 2 from CW. Sounds lik Harpeth better bring their "A" game Saturday.

After two solid games against Creekwood, Camden kind of jogged along the last two days. A 4-2 win over Bruceton and 9-8 last at bat win against Mckenzie. I know they had some young pitchers in there, but there were more errors than i would have liked to see with the doubleheader against Harpeth tomorrow.

Camden wins both games of the doubleheader against Harpeth. First one was a very good game that Harpeth led most of. Camden came from three down to win 4-3. #24 of Harpeth pitched a very good game but Wade Hubbs hit a homerun and then Harpeth had some misplays at the end to lose it for them. The second game was good for three innings and then it looked like the pitching gave out for Harpeth and Camden won 16-5. Riley and Douglas both hit grand slams in the second game and Ethan Melton and Jack Dudley both had two run homeruns.

Camden is now 6-0 in district sweeping Cheatham Co, Creekwood, and Harpeth. They outscored them 58-11 and run ruled each once.

Edited by mkd24

The games Saturday were #22 and 23 for Harpeth this season. I could see a tired arm or two maybe with a pitcher transferring, one injured and one who no showed this year, but pitching depth has been a strength of this team even down 3 from last years staff. With a rainout game Monday, there was a couple of guys working on short rest, but no excuses. Camden flat out hits it and they have a short porch so you can't afford too many fly balls at their place. I didn't know much about them coming into last year, but they've proven to me that they have a good ball club.

Harpeth has to rebound. They can't place any more importance on one game than another. Seem to have played tight in a few district games this season. It's baseball. Play it the same every game.

The games Saturday were #22 and 23 for Harpeth this season. I could see a tired arm or two maybe with a pitcher transferring, one injured and one who no showed this year, but pitching depth has been a strength of this team even down 3 from last years staff. With a rainout game Monday, there was a couple of guys working on short rest, but no excuses. Camden flat out hits it and they have a short porch so you can't afford too many fly balls at their place. I didn't know much about them coming into last year, but they've proven to me that they have a good ball club.

Harpeth has to rebound. They can't place any more importance on one game than another. Seem to have played tight in a few district games this season. It's baseball. Play it the same every game.

Camden definitely strokes it, especially at their place. It is difficult to beat them at Camden with the short porch. As they are in the driver's seat in the district I would guess that is where 11AA will be for the tournament. I think that is a huge advantage for Camden as they hit a lot of home runs there. That is such a tough park for pitchers because it seems routine fly balls become HR's in a hurry. If Waverly pitches Purcell at Camden that could be fun to watch.

Should be an interesting 2nd half of the year in 11AA!