Region 1 - AAA

TommyMan37604

Feeling a little "odd" today so I'm taking both #1's (SH & Jeff Co) and both #3's (DB & Cherokee).

Of course the biggest stretch is Cherokee over TN High. Cherokee's bigs are a tough matchup for TN High. Likewise, Cherokee doesn't match up well on the perimeter with TN High. If Cherokee can handle the TN High pressure and turn it into a half court game they have a good shot. I think Cherokee's guards can break their press.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cherokee is the same team I saw in December, I will be shocked if they beat Tennessee High. Ryans is a great player, but they struggled to break mediocre pressure in the Daniel Boone tournament. The quickness of Mitchell and Burleson will give them fits. I think Tennessee High will win by double digits.

Anyone got the word if Osborne or Lilly will play tonight. I am looking for to seeing it. This should be one of the most competitive games of the night. i like what was said about Cherokee I just think the Tenn. High will be able handle the bigs but if not then it might a tough game. Science Hill is going to have to shoot the ball well in order to beat Seymour. Jeff. Co. will have the easiest game of the night. Just my opinion. Look forward to seeing some people tonight at the games.

Anyone got the word if Osborne or Lilly will play tonight. I am looking for to seeing it. This should be one of the most competitive games of the night. i like what was said about Cherokee I just think the Tenn. High will be able handle the bigs but if not then it might a tough game. Science Hill is going to have to shoot the ball well in order to beat Seymour. Jeff. Co. will have the easiest game of the night. Just my opinion. Look forward to seeing some people tonight at the games.

S Hill shoot the ball well but Seymour had no bench and act like they had never been pressed before.Heard DB pulled out a close one at SC T High @ Jeff Co win easy big 8 3 @1 great night :popcorneater:

I believe District 1 will take three of four. I am confident that Science Hill and Tennessee High will win. I am not as confident in Dobyns-Bennett, but I think they will pull it out. I do not think Volunteer can beat Jefferson County, but stranger things have happened. Go District 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on being 100% for your predictions. That DB game was something else. It's sad to see a season end by a one point loss, but good luck DB as the winner of that battle. What are your predictions now? Can Jeff. County hang on as the sole survivor of District 2?

Edited by etnmom

Congrats on being 100% for your predictions. That DB game was something else. It's sad to see a season end by a one point loss, but good luck DB as the winner of that battle. What are your predictions now? Can Jeff. County hang on as the sole survivor of District 2?

Thank you. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile...lol! I think Science Hill will beat Dobyns-Bennett by about 12 points. The Lady Toppers are on a mission. To answer your question about Jefferson County, I am going to say no. The IMAC had a lot of parity this year and I do not think there was a great deal of seperation between most of the teams. The top five are all solid teams, but not great teams. Jefferson County was a bit better than the others. I have not seen Jefferson County play, but my instinct tells me that their record is misleading and I feel they have played a very weak schedule. I have seen Tennessee High several times and I know they are a very good team. I will take Tennessee High to beat Jefferson County by 6. Should be exciting.

Thank you. Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile...lol! I think Science Hill will beat Dobyns-Bennett by about 12 points. The Lady Toppers are on a mission. To answer your question about Jefferson County, I am going to say no. The IMAC had a lot of parity this year and I do not think there was a great deal of seperation between most of the teams. The top five are all solid teams, but not great teams. Jefferson County was a bit better than the others. I have not seen Jefferson County play, but my instinct tells me that their record is misleading and I feel they have played a very weak schedule. I have seen Tennessee High several times and I know they are a very good team. I will take Tennessee High to beat Jefferson County by 6. Should be exciting.

I belive SHHS @ TN HIGH will play for the region title And it will be a dog fight

As the song goes that i hear my daughter singing, its gonna be a good night. Tonight which teams will make it to the substate. I would like to see SH and Jeff. Co. simply because of their records but I am thinking that it will be an all D1 matchup for the finals. I think DB will push SH to breaking point but SH won't break. TN will come up with steals late and pressure will take its toll and they will win a close one.

It appears the two number 1 seeds will square off Wednesday night. From what i saw tonight I think SH has the slight edge. Tenn High missed a bunch of shots around the basket and still was in the game until the end plus you know how SH handle Tenn High easily the last two time they play. Should be a great game either way

Great Games last night. How does Region 1 stack up against Region 2?

I honestly think Region 1 has the edge this year. Jefferson Co. has beaten West (in a close game) but has not seen Farragut this year. West, however, is a very good team. Science Hill, as well as JC, seems to be a very athletic team and will match up well with most anyone. I'm tired of seeing Region 2 beat Region 1 every year (sans last year Mo West)so I'm hoping this is the year Region 1 pulls off the sweep. Whoever plays on the road will most definitely have a tough task at hand though.