8A district tournamet

possumtownshady

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, well it was FC over Watertown by 13 and Gordonsville over RBS by 2. So that puts FCS vs Gordonsville for the district championship game. FC swept Gville in the regular season with large margins of victory but this Gville team seems to be better than they were back then. Cant wait for the game Tuesday night. Good luck to both teams! :mrgreen:

Alright, well it was FC over Watertown by 13 and Gordonsville over RBS by 2. So that puts FCS vs Gordonsville for the district championship game. FC swept Gville in the regular season with large margins of victory but this Gville team seems to be better than they were back then. Cant wait for the game Tuesday night. Good luck to both teams! :mrgreen:

Heard the new recruit played alot more than most of the starters especially #21, heard he sat the bench most of the night. If that isn't a program killer not sure what is. :popcorneater:

What was FCS-Watertown final score,need it put on scoreboard.

What was FCS-Watertown final score,need it put on scoreboard.

FCS 61-48 Final. We played good esp 3rd qtr. As far as the so called new recruit that MidTn is so worried about, he had 9 pts 3 boards and 3 turnovers. I was there and he didn't play alot but #21 plays post and DeFevers got the start there. The tempo of the game will constitute who plays and who don't. #5 didn't hardle play any of the 2nd qtr due to picking up his 2nd foul. We played several minutes with 4 guards and a post. Only coach Harris knows why #21 didn't get alot of minutes but Tuesday he may start again according to what goes on in practice. The new player, Allen Heaston has been at school all year, participated in ALL practices, been to ALL games and paid ALL his dues as far as I am concerned. We are a 10-11 player deep team and Heaston even started the 3rd qtr in front of my son and he didn't seem to worry about it and he's a senior. They will win as a team and lose as a team...

I'll be at Livingston tonight to watch the Clarkrange/Jackson Co match up since we haven't seen either one of them live this year. May stay for the Clay Co/Pickett Co game.......Good luck to all 4 7A teams tonight and have good games and NO injuries.

Heard the new recruit played alot more than most of the starters especially #21, heard he sat the bench most of the night. If that isn't a program killer not sure what is. :popcorneater:

I saw the "new recruit" your talking about play last night. He seemed nervous at first but started playing very well as the game went on. He is good player and he's only a sophomore. It's not a "program killer" if your playing a very good player more than other players.

Congrats to FCS and Gville on advancing to the finals, and good luck to all 8a teams heading into the region tournament!

Well after tonites 7A upsets it would seem to me that RBS and Watertown should have a better chance of winning Saturday night even on the road. Don't get me wrong Clarkrange and PC aren't a pushover by no means but wound up 3 & 4 in the season and so did RBS and Watertown......

Should be an interesting Saturday the 26th..

FCS and Gordonsville to play host to Clay Co and Jackson Co..WOW

PC and Crange to play host to RBS and Watertown...another WOW....

Well after tonites 7A upsets it would seem to me that RBS and Watertown should have a better chance of winning Saturday night even on the road. Don't get me wrong Clarkrange and PC aren't a pushover by no means but wound up 3 & 4 in the season and so did RBS and Watertown......

Should be an interesting Saturday the 26th..

FCS and Gordonsville to play host to Clay Co and Jackson Co..WOW

PC and Crange to play host to RBS and Watertown...another WOW....

neither of those games were "upsets". This district was anyone's to win, there was no real clear cut favorite in the whole tourney. There were seeds but obviously that meant nothing. Clarkrange had beat JCounty earlier in the Yr. in Jcounty. and Pickett had beaten Clay earlier in the year. Just because JCounty and Clay were seeded higher dont mean it was an "upset." Pickett and Clarkrange have prolly been playing better than just about anyone lately. Ever since the beatdown that Livingston gave Clarkrange they havent lost a game since until the last one against clay, which they had the game won until Boles decided to hit everything he shot at. So they are playing great basetball right and have a very good defense. The Region will be very intersting. Whoever Clarkrange hosts will be a tough game. and FC hosting either Clay or Jackson will nock off a top seed right off the bat.

neither of those games were "upsets". This district was anyone's to win, there was no real clear cut favorite in the whole tourney. There were seeds but obviously that meant nothing. Clarkrange had beat JCounty earlier in the Yr. in Jcounty. and Pickett had beaten Clay earlier in the year. Just because JCounty and Clay were seeded higher dont mean it was an "upset." Pickett and Clarkrange have prolly been playing better than just about anyone lately. Ever since the beatdown that Livingston gave Clarkrange they havent lost a game since until the last one against clay, which they had the game won until Boles decided to hit everything he shot at. So they are playing great basetball right and have a very good defense. The Region will be very intersting. Whoever Clarkrange hosts will be a tough game. and FC hosting either Clay or Jackson will nock off a top seed right off the bat.

Clarkrange cant host can they? Pretty sure they recieved a 2 year ban 2 years ago and are not allowed to host any home region or substate games starting last year. Could be wrong on this, and maybe it was just a year penalty. But last season C-range girls had to travel to the 3 seed Gordonsville.

Clarkrange cant host can they? Pretty sure they recieved a 2 year ban 2 years ago and are not allowed to host any home region or substate games starting last year. Could be wrong on this, and maybe it was just a year penalty. But last season C-range girls had to travel to the 3 seed Gordonsville.

I honeslty dont know. I heard they weren't aloud to host because there wasn't enough seats to host a game, but I thought that was just the Substate. but u are right about them traveling to Gordonsville. So I really dont know. I know that Clarkrange did redo their seating, and that may have been why, but i really have no clue. I have just heard everyone talk about Clarkrange hosting someone if they beat JCounty. I do remember the game 2 year ago. there were a million people in that gym big enough to hold 100. you'd think they'd try to do something to put some more seats in there cause what they did this summer didn't help any.