District 8AA

SWEETWATER

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think Cannon Co. should be considered the overwhelming favorite to win the tournament. They have the district 'Player of the year', the "Defensive Player of the Year' and the 'Coach of the Year'. Makes you wonder how in the world they finished second during the regular season.

1 offensive player, 1 defensive player, 1 Coach...thats 3 of how ever many we suit up. It does take a TEAM to be successful, not just three people (who deserve those awards, and thanks for not giving them any credit...very classy) Either you have some sour grapes over individual awards, or you failed to realize you guys have the best overall talent/team in the district, and was picked hands down to win the district. Did you really ever believe that LA would not get another district title? They deserve one, and honestly w/ what I've seen in 2 games, there is no reason they should not have won out.

1 offensive player, 1 defensive player, 1 Coach...thats 3 of how ever many we suit up. It does take a TEAM to be successful, not just three people (who deserve those awards, and thanks for not giving them any credit...very classy) Either you have some sour grapes over individual awards, or you failed to realize you guys have the best overall talent/team in the district, and was picked hands down to win the district. Did you really ever believe that LA would not get another district title? They deserve one, and honestly w/ what I've seen in 2 games, there is no reason they should not have won out.

Now don't get your panties in a big wad. That post was meant to poke a little fun at 'Sweetie' who disappeared from here after your loss to LA at C.C. :popcorneater: We might have disagreements and/or misunderstandings, but you'll never see me on here trying to put a young man (or young lady) down. Congratulations to Justin Davenport (MVP) and Cody Ruehlen (Defensive player of the year), two very deserving young men, and your coach for being voted coach of the year.

Now don't get your panties in a big wad. That post was meant to poke a little fun at 'Sweetie' who disappeared from here after your loss to LA at C.C. :popcorneater: We might have disagreements and/or misunderstandings, but you'll never see me on here trying to put a young man (or young lady) down. Congratulations to Justin Davenport (MVP) and Cody Ruehlen (Defensive player of the year), two very deserving young men, and your coach for being voted coach of the year.

Ha Ha! I figured I'd get a rise out of ya. I would never accuse ya of putting down a kid, I see your posts and I know that's not the type of poster you are. Unfortunately there are some on here. However, the tourney will be interesting. We have an extemely tough one likely against Upperman. Good luck to LA, just not against us!

Been collecting rabbit feet (not for good luck) after the LA and CC game. No one can say this is not a great district for H.S. basketball from the top to bottom. Got to go and pass out these feet. Still have no ideal out this turns out hard to beat someone 3 times. Your rabbits do pretty good on 3 legs but some of them still fall over! :thumb:

Been collecting rabbit feet (not for good luck) after the LA and CC game. No one can say this is not a great district for H.S. basketball from the top to bottom. Got to go and pass out these feet. Still have no ideal out this turns out hard to beat someone 3 times. Your rabbits do pretty good on 3 legs but some of them still fall over! :thumb:

Your right, its hard to beat a team 3 times but ITS HARD TO BEAT THE BEST TEAM ONCE!!!

This is the worst disrict/region in TN! How many district crowns has LA won in a row? I don't think this year will be any different with such weak teams.

This is the worst disrict/region in TN! How many district crowns has LA won in a row? I don't think this year will be any different with such weak teams.

I don't believe anyone with any BB knowledge would argue that this is one of the strongest boys districts in the state. LA has been fortunate, with good talent and good coaching, for several years. One thing that you can be sure of in this district, is that you'll see two teams of fine young men playing hard from tip-off to the ending buzzer. :thumb: I guess it's too bad everyone can't win a gold ball every year, and that everyone can't be a BB genius like you. You should come and watch a few games in this area. You might learn what HS BB is REALLY all about.

Sounds like sweetwater should have invested in a Bee suit instead of so many rabbitts feet!

I will stick with the rabbit feet besides the Bee suit is to hot! To sweety if you can get air in a Basketball and your are in a district setting every district is good!!!

Sounds like you lost your sight of Basketball. Grow up and if you think LA is not worthy well then suit up they will show you pretty quick and I am not even a LA fan! I think any team in 8AA will show you what a weak team is. :wacko:

Edited by SWEETWATER