District 7a

swanson71

What exactly is Coach Bush's coaching specialty? I have heard he played ball at Freed-Hardeman. Anyway it is great to see someone closer to the boy's age here. He seems to provide a great coaching mentality, as well as someone the boys can connect with. Good luck to JC in their upcoming tournament in Athens, TN. Let's start the season 3-0

I'm not sure if he has an "expertise" but yes he did play at Freed-Hardeman and he was an exceptional player at Cookeville. He will be definitely be a valuable asset as an assistant!

As for Monterey, I haven't heard the scouting report on them yet. They will definitely not be a team easily de-throned. Got to love the spring time!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have heard from some of the JC team members that they played decently in the "Playing for a Cause Classic" in Athens, TN. They thumped Sweetwater last night, however came up short today against McMinn Central and Rhea Co. Also heard that sophomore Peyton Ragland hit a blast in the game against Rhea Co. Looks like anyone in this line-up can take the ball out of the park at anytime.

No one can be sleeping on Clarkrange. They have been the doormats of baseball for years and years but they are coming around strong. They have an outstanding coach and didn't really lose a lot from last year's team that won like 14 straight games. They will be a tough team and can be very well capable of challenging JCounty or Monterey for district.

PC and Monterey split their two district games Monday and Tuesday, Monterey winning @ Monterey 12-2 in six innings, PC winning @ PC 20-10 in five. Monterey is hitting like Monterey always does, but after their #1 pitcher, their is a significant drop off. PC is starting to show what they are capable of after a slow start (0-3).

I would say Jackson County has the best pitcher along with the best defensive line up in the district. Saw them a lot last year and I don't think they lost too much. As far as hitting goes I have only seen 1 team in the last 11 or 10 years who has been able to hit the ball better than Monterey can, so even though they may struggle with pitching they always score a lot of runs. Monterey has won 10 of the last 11 district championships so it's just hard to pick against them, but I know that Jackson County returns a lot and is very experienced so I would say they would be the team I pick to win the district. Speaking from past experiences no matter what happens in the season to Monterey or no matter how many times you beat them they will make you earn it in the tournament. Here's my picks for the district.

#1 Jackson County

#2 Monterey

#3 Clarkrange

#4 Pickett County

#5 Clay County

Good luck to everyone...I hope I can make it out to see a few games!

Edited by swanson71

That is a very impressive win for Jackson County,also with Monterey being run ruled by PC that is the first time, that I know of, that Monterey has been run ruled by another district team in the last 10 years...

very impressive that with Monterey being run ruled. JC has pitching and pitching is the key.

pitching is the key.

It's not necessarily good pitching but pitcher's who can throw strikes consistantly and be smart on the mound. You don't have to throw 80 or 85 mph but a pitcher has to just give the defense a chance to make plays. That's what makes Monterey so good year in and year out...

Edited by swanson71

JC beats Celina 15-0. Collier was lights out and Peyton Ragland hits another HR.

Clarkrange had a dramatic come from behind win over pickett co. last night. (8-7). Clarkrange has lost to Lenoir City 3 times and Knox Fulton. They are 4-1 against single A teams. Don't count them out. They are young with only 1 senior, but they play hard.