District 3A or 4A?

cherokee23

Which is the stronger district, 3A or 4A and how do they match up in the Region tourney? If my info is correct this is how they finished in the tourney with both districts seeing some upsets.

District 3A: 1)Rockwood

2)Greenback

3)Tellico

4)Harriman

District 4A: 1)Wartburg

2)Coalfield

3)Oakdale

4)Oneida

This may shake up to be one of the best region tournaments across the state, with close games and still possible upsets to come.

I've seen them all play except Tellico, and I think 4a comes out on top.

Wartburg vs Harriman, Harriman won at Wartburg early, Wartburg started playing better as the season progressed and beat Harriman on their home floor. With Wartburg hosting them Friday night, and playing better than they have all year, I think Wartburg wins.

Coalfield vs Tellico...I don't know, I havent seen Tellico play, but it looks like Rockwood beat Tellico twice this year, which means speed kills..and Jordan is speed, so again I pick the 4a team, Coalfield.

Oakdale vs Greenback...Oakdale started slow against Oneida, which surprised me because I thought after being upset by Wartburg, they would have more fire and determination from the start. They did show the fire though, it just took them 3 periods...Oakdale is alot better than their seed, I pick Oakdale.

Oneida vs Rockwood...I watched Wartburg beat them the first time they played this year, and I watched Wartburg get beat on Rockwoods court late in the season. After the district tourny seeds had been set, so the loss at Rockwood really didn't mean much, and it didn't look like the Wartburg girls had any "want to" in them that night.

Oneida is a good team, and I think if they played an entire game they could win it, but...I'm not sure they can finish, I'm hoping they can...just so I can't be accused of picking all 4a Schools, I'll make this one a toss up. I'll pick Rockwood, but wouldn't be surprised hearing Oneida beats them.

For those who have not seen Tellico play, get ready. They are a really good 3rd seed. They play very physical and have big girls with speed. They will fight you tooth and nail, get your pads on. They will not quit until the last buzzer sounds. They shoot well from all positions. Greenback girls had to play at another level to beat them in the district. Greenback is peaking right now, extremely young team. Alot of Freshmen and Sophmores playing a lot of minutes this year. They also can shoot well from many positions. Their best asset right now is defense and patience. They held Tellico to 20 in 1st half and Rockwood game was low scoring. It was an extremely close game with GB getting the 2 point loss at the buzzer basically because no one blocked out the shooter under the goal. Gotta play until the buzzer girls. It looked as if after the Rockwood miss they thought the buzzer went off. No one contested the put back after the miss. GB has a very good sophmore at the point who makes very few turnovers. Rhyne has been with team since 8th grade and has 3 years of exp. She looks like a senior running the point. Very smart ball handler that makes good decisions.

Right now any game between Greenback, Tellico, or Rockwood would be a toss up. Harriman is not playing their best ball right now. Tellico had them down by 20 early in the district tourney.

Can't wait to see how Region matchups go. I pick Tellico, Rockwood & Greenback (sentimental fave and Home game)to win. Rockwood and Greenback will be hard to beat at home in a loser go home game. Tellico plays no different on the road, it's fight...fight...fight whatever floor they are on. They can physically and mentally tear apart a team (very intimidating)!

I agree with the exception of Tellico, 4A is just stronger. Wartburg is playing its best ball of the season & should beat Harriman. It is hard to beat Greenback at home but Oakdale is the better team and I pick them in a close one. Rockwood is just not as good as Oneida but Oneida has had a hard time finishing last two tourney games - I pick Oneida - it is their time to win. If Tellico is as fast and physical as some say, Coalfield will have a hard time. Jordan is an outstanding player and she is going to get her 25-30 OK 40 points but she does not like physical play. If Tellico pressures Jordan, she gets rattled and she might come back in the last quarter and make a run but it will probably be too late (notice I said she might come back) - I pick Tellico in another close one.