McMinn Central vs East Hamilton for Reg. 3AA Championship

blitzinbuc

The Chattanooga Howard and Brainerd girls' teams got into a fight with each other at the Districts so the TSSAA banned them both from further post-season play in 2011 and 2012......thus McMinn Central and Polk Co. got a bye. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, McMinn Central would have destroyed either of those teams. Like I said earlier, McMinn's District and Region this season wasn't that strong......which isn't the norm.

Do you really think the McMinn Central players, coaches, and fans don't know Saturday's game against Livingston will be tough??? With the exception of East Hamilton, a team had better be ready to play when you reach substate action......whether at home or on the road.

Good luck to you guys. Hope to see you guys in the Boro.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They got a bye in the region since their oppponent was ineligible after a district tournament fight. It would have likely been a 40 or 50 point win anyway. I don't see East Hamilton being able to do much at Cannon but give them credit, it's been a good year for a second year team. I still think they're fortunate to still be in Class AA with their current enrollment.

They are in the right classification per their enrollment. People forget after seeing the size of the school that the school houses 6th -12th grades. They will not be at a full high school enrollment for at least another two years. This years senior class is small and the junior class is not a whole lot bigger. I'm an Ooltewah fan myself and can't wait till they do go up so we can play them.

Mcminn Central Region was way down this year, but the team is about the same, maybe a little better. however the lack of competion late on thier schedule may hurt them if they make it to the boro.

I used to feel this way. Even though MC has not had to play great competition towards the end, the bench has had valuable minutes. Our younger kids are now tournament prime, which was not the case earlier in the year. A lot of teams do not have the good fortune of getting to play their younger girls. The thing is there is a big question mark here. So many unbiased people have told me that MCentral had a terrible night at Cannon with the loss. I say that to say this- if they are at their best, probably one of the best, if not the best team in the state. If they start slow against Livingston it could be a tough night. I don't think the pressure will bother Livingston, so if the shots are falling as such as late for MCentral and they do not make silly mistakes they win by at least 10.

I don't think thier bench will play much of a roll this year. that said i do think they are better now than at the beginning of the year as most teams improve just by being on the court. Lack of late season comp. usually shows up in the areas of pressure and rebounding. I will say that I saw their midlle schol camp teams last summer and they have a whole team coming that can play inside (one player 7th grade 5'11 another 8th 6'2) or outside and can all run the court. weakest part of their game was postioning on the court before shooting.

I don't think thier bench will play much of a roll this year. that said i do think they are better now than at the beginning of the year as most teams improve just by being on the court. Lack of late season comp. usually shows up in the areas of pressure and rebounding. I will say that I saw their midlle schol camp teams last summer and they have a whole team coming that can play inside (one player 7th grade 5'11 another 8th 6'2) or outside and can all run the court. weakest part of their game was postioning on the court before shooting.

What Middle School are you speaking of?

can't remember just talked to some of hte parents and that's what they said Feeder for Mcminn Central.

Beginning to wonder about your credibility. First you say "I will say that I saw their midlle schol camp teams last summer and they have a whole team coming that can play inside (one player 7th grade 5'11 another 8th 6'2) or outside and can all run the court. weakest part of their game was postioning on the court before shooting.", and now you say you talked to some parents. Where did this camp take place?

Beginning to wonder about your credibility. First you say "I will say that I saw their midlle schol camp teams last summer and they have a whole team coming that can play inside (one player 7th grade 5'11 another 8th 6'2) or outside and can all run the court. weakest part of their game was postioning on the court before shooting.", and now you say you talked to some parents. Where did this camp take place?

First don't care what you think about credibility. Second can you not understand that I talked to the parents at the same place I saw them. Third some middle school in Bradley County.