McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

jwcardin

Truth is both teams have the potential to win by 10 or more. I just hope the officials do not try to play a role in keeping the game close. Both sets of these fans have had to face this in this traditional game.

You're correct, and if either team gets hot and the other one doesn't, it could be a long night for one of them. I suspect it will be more of a chess match between the Coaches......each one testing the mettle of the other team with various strategies. And, as always, it should come down to the basics....defense, shooting, and rebounding. Let's just hope the refs aren't a factor in the outcome.

• Upvote 1

You're correct, and if either team gets hot and the other one doesn't, it could be a long night for one of them. I suspect it will be more of a chess match between the Coaches......each one testing the mettle of the other team with various strategies. And, as always, it should come down to the basics....defense, shooting, and rebounding. Let's just hope the refs aren't a factor in the outcome.

Agreed.

Coach Lesley Smith Riddle has been pretty successful against Central during her career at LA. I know she won at Central in the sub-state in 2003, defeated them in the state finals in 2004, and won against them in the first round of the state in 2009.

I cannot remember what happened in 06, 07, and 08. I want to say that LA won at Central again during one of these years in the sub-state but it I also think that Central did get one win against them during one of these years as well. Maybe somebody with a little better memory can help me out.

Both teams are good. It just comes down to who plays best on that particular night.

Coach Lesley Smith Riddle has been pretty successful against Central during her career at LA. I know she won at Central in the sub-state in 2003, defeated them in the state finals in 2004, and won against them in the first round of the state in 2009.

I cannot remember what happened in 06, 07, and 08. I want to say that LA won at Central again during one of these years in the sub-state but it I also think that Central did get one win against them during one of these years as well. Maybe somebody with a little better memory can help me out.

Both teams are good. It just comes down to who plays best on that particular night.

I'm thinking it was '08 when Central beat LA in the Round House. Central has been so close many times - losing two state championship games - and has made it to the boro about 5 straight years now......only losing the first round once, to LA in 2009. I dare say that playing LA (as well as Upperman and York) in substate so many times made Coach Morgan and the Chargerette players realize years ago what it took to elevate their programs to play at that level. I wish McMinn Central played a home and away with LA, or one of the stronger programs from your district every year. I guess since the coaches on both sides figure they'll eventually be playing one another in substate, as well as the distance, it won't happen.

I'm thinking it was '08 when Central beat LA in the Round House. Central has been so close many times - losing two state championship games - and has made it to the boro about 5 straight years now......only losing the first round once, to LA in 2009. I dare say that playing LA (as well as Upperman and York) in substate so many times made Coach Morgan and the Chargerette players realize years ago what it took to elevate their programs to play at that level. I wish McMinn Central played a home and away with LA, or one of the stronger programs from your district every year. I guess since the coaches on both sides figure they'll eventually be playing one another in substate, as well as the distance, it won't happen.

I agree, it would be nice to have a team like Livingston on our schedule.

IMO LA have played some of their best ball on the road in tough conditions. This team is mentally tough enough to feed off the crowd frenzy, plus hogeye nation will be in da house!!!

Low 50's and rain projected for gametime. Better bring your umbrellas and get there early to stand in line.

That's what it takes to be a good coach and good players, to keep learning and stepping up your game. I would love for Hogeye to play Central during the year.

Sunday Watson and Tiffany Krantz LOST to WESTVIEW in 1996....WOOOOHOOOO!!!

That was a good game and Westview had a good team but it should have never come down to a whistle at the buzzer. The Refs should have let the girls decide the outcome in OT not a refs whistle at the buzzer. I remember that game like yesterday. Sunday Watson and Tiffany Krantz were both up for AA Miss basketball that year, off the same team. You just don't hear of girls off the same team up for Miss Basketball. Watson took the title and still holds the points record at LA for boys and girls with like 2600 I think. In my opinion Krantz was the unsung hero in the 4 yrs she played and Watson was a great player but who do you think always fed her the ball? Krantz had to of shattered all LA records in assists and still scored like 1700 points herself. She went on to set records at Auburn too. I was a big fan of those two girls. Tiffany is my Vet now. I have no idea where Sunday is now?