McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

jwcardin

It took me a while to get back on here. I've been trying to choke down that big plate of crow and still don't have it finished. Congratulations to Central on their big win. I very much agree the game was not even as close as the score indicated.

I don't believe you saw the same LA team last night that's been playing all year. Central had A LOT to do with that.-- About the LA defense:--Apparently when our girls left the dressing room after the Cannon co. loss at Sparta, they left the defense there and nobody missed it until last night. I went out to the team bus at halftime and looked for it, but it wasn't there. Called and had someone check LA school and it wasn't there. Nearest thing I can figure is, the LA defense is still wandering around in White co. somewhere looking for the team. If anyone sees it, please send it home. This season's over, but we'll be needing it next year. :shock:

This has become quite the rivalry due to all of our games (except for one) through the years coming in either the substate/sectional or state tournament. You guys have ended our season more than we have yours. Hopefully, we can even that up in the coming years. :mrgreen:

I'm pretty closely affiliated with the program, and I didn't expect such a lopsided outcome. Our girls have been on quite a roll since the Cannon County loss during Thanksgiving break.

I'm sure we'll meet again. Until then, we've got a gold ball to go win!

Typically, I do not like to post on these type web-sites but your comment about Mackenzie is untrue.. She is one of the best player's in AA basketball. I agree that LA did not play their best game, however, just because someone has an off night doesn't mean they are not are not one of the best players in AA basketball.

Mackenzie is a CLASS ACT on and off the court and she brings that to the court everytime she plays. Maybe you should not base your opinion of type player she is on just one game...

Again, let me remind you that I said based on Mackenzie's performance against Central. And her performance against Central is the only thing I have to base my comment on, since I didn't see her any other time this year. I had been told by many how good she was, and I know she played on an AAU team out of Knoxville (I think) with one of the young ladies from Central.

Perhaps the teams LA played didn't know how to defend her like Central did? I don't know, but I do know she wasn't really a factor at all last night against Central's starters.......and in situations like last night is where the better players normally make a difference.

NOWHERE did I say she wasn't a class act......so please don't even go there with that implication.

This has become quite the rivalry due to all of our games (except for one) through the years coming in either the substate/sectional or state tournament. You guys have ended our season more than we have yours. Hopefully, we can even that up in the coming years. :mrgreen:

I'm pretty closely affiliated with the program, and I didn't expect such a lopsided outcome. Our girls have been on quite a roll since the Cannon County loss during Thanksgiving break.

I'm sure we'll meet again. Until then, we've got a gold ball to go win!

Good luck to your team next week.

It took me a while to get back on here. I've been trying to choke down that big plate of crow and still don't have it finished. Congratulations to Central on their big win. I very much agree the game was not even as close as the score indicated.

I don't believe you saw the same LA team last night that's been playing all year. Central had A LOT to do with that.-- About the LA defense:--Apparently when our girls left the dressing room after the Cannon co. loss at Sparta, they left the defense there and nobody missed it until last night. I went out to the team bus at halftime and looked for it, but it wasn't there. Called and had someone check LA school and it wasn't there. Nearest thing I can figure is, the LA defense is still wandering around in White co. somewhere looking for the team. If anyone sees it, please send it home. This season's over, but we'll be needing it next year. :shock:

Thanks for responding in such a humble way. That tells me a lot about you as a person. Best of all is that you properly credited Central for making LA look so bad. I wasn't trying to rub salt into the wound, because I've been on the wounded side before and I didn't like it when someone was arrogant about their team winning. Though LA and Central are always normally good teams, sometimes either or both of them are very good teams. It runs in cycles. And it's yet to be determined if this Central team is a very good one. And not winning a State Championship in the past doesn't mean Central hasn't had very good teams. By virtue of Central having 3-4 silver balls means they have been very good.....just didn't play good enough to win the gold. Maybe this will be the year?

And, as you, I'm eaten crow fixed many different ways. My favorite is Crow Wellington. Same as the beef version, just replace the beef with crow. :hungry:

Again, let me remind you that I said based on Mackenzie's performance against Central. And her performance against Central is the only thing I have to base my comment on, since I didn't see her any other time this year. I had been told by many how good she was, and I know she played on an AAU team out of Knoxville (I think) with one of the young ladies from Central.

Perhaps the teams LA played didn't know how to defend her like Central did? I don't know, but I do know she wasn't really a factor at all last night against Central's starters.......and in situations like last night is where the better players normally make a difference.

NOWHERE did I say she wasn't a class act......so please don't even go there with that implication.

Not trying to offend you or start an argument, but it would be nice if you'd shown a little more class on this subject. Would it not have been just as easy to say you felt your player was the best AA player, rather than put down a player by name(yes, that was a putdown). We can act like fools on here all we want to, but if we don't have something positive to say about a young lady (or young man), we don't need to be saying anything!

Edited by rabbitranch

Not trying to offend you or start an argument, but it would be nice if you'd shown a little more class on this subject. Would it not have been just as easy to say you felt your player was the best AA player, rather than put down a player by name(yes, that was a putdown). We can act like fools on here all we want to, but if we don't have something positive to say about a young lady (or young man), we don't need to be saying anything!

Disagree with you because I'm not advocating Jenna Adams (Central) for player of the year. Quite frankly, I'm not sold on the 'Player Of The Year' award anyway, as there's no way to know who's the best. I think it's more likely a PR thing, with each respective school soliciting support from various coaches and media to support their player. Maybe the one's who toot their horn the loudest gets the recognition?

I made a positive comment about Mackenzie, stating that I had been told by many that she was a very good player. Granted, I hadn't seen her play and could only base my opinion on watching her performance in a high-profile game. And her performance last night doesn't mean she's not a good player.

Yes, many of us make foolish statements.......such as saying an opponent's team hadn't seen a defense as formidable as the one they were about to see from the team we support. :thumb:

I agree with rabbitranch!!

Even the BEST of players have bad games. I have seen Mackenzie play a lot of basketball and she IS the player people say she is, sorry you did not get to experience that.

Central had a awesome night, we didn't, I think that is that needs to be said.

congrats to mcminn central on your win LA is a lot better than they played tonite and you and cannon wii be in oppisite bracketts. your team is playing well at the right time, good luck in state

They could too meet in the first round of the state tournament. This came straight from the tssaa.org website: Instructions for Head Coach of State Tournament Qualifier: Teams from the same region will be in opposite brackets. They are not in the same region therefore you guys CAN meet in the first round of state.

You said 15-20 was absurd..........did you watch last night?

I will stand by what I said. Based on the 2 teams records, how they had played common opponents, and the history between the two, to pick one by that many was ridiculous. I watched it. Central dominated them. So I guess you could easily say beat the spread, but until it was played, 15-20 was outlandish.

I hated to see LA seniors last game end like it did last night. I have followed LA for years and I have only missed one game this year and I can tell McMinn Central that you didn't get the full LA experience. What a shame. I'm not saying LA would have won if they had played their game because McMinn has a strong team but the game would have been much closer and worth our money. I still stand behind LA's ability and their A game, last night you got to see their C game if that. Their defense IS as good as everyone said but it was nowhere to be seen last night! Credit to MC in great play too but it is just hard to see your team play that bad on the road. I know everyone has off night but last night was not even in the building.

Someone had made a post about Sells not being the player they thought she would be, yes she had an off night but Makenzie Sells is a player. Think she would be playing at MTSU if she wasn’t? Her shot was off but she still had like 10 points at half time, in a game that was not even close to her best performance. I know when you have 2 girls up for the same accolade you want to praise your own but you don’t do it by trying to make the other look bad. Sells had a bad game no doubt but I would hate to know that Miss Basketball was based off of one game. It is everything rolled into one, play, school, and personality on and off the court. You saw Sells last High School game coming to a bad end and did you see her lose her cool and act out? Not once. That is why Sells is a class act and total player. She wouldn’t have been nominated if she wasn’t.

Good Luck to MC and in my opinion Masiongale girl was the player of the night. We will hear a lot more from her in the next 2 years because that kid is a baller!