McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

jwcardin

I hated to see LA seniors last game end like it did last night. I have followed LA for years and I have only missed one game this year and I can tell McMinn Central that you didn't get the full LA experience. What a shame. I'm not saying LA would have won if they had played their game because McMinn has a strong team but the game would have been much closer and worth our money. I still stand behind LA's ability and their A game, last night you got to see their C game if that. Their defense IS as good as everyone said but it was nowhere to be seen last night! Credit to MC in great play too but it is just hard to see your team play that bad on the road. I know everyone has off night but last night was not even in the building.

Someone had made a post about Sells not being the player they thought she would be, yes she had an off night but Makenzie Sells is a player. Think she would be playing at MTSU if she wasn’t? Her shot was off but she still had like 10 points at half time, in a game that was not even close to her best performance. I know when you have 2 girls up for the same accolade you want to praise your own but you don’t do it by trying to make the other look bad. Sells had a bad game no doubt but I would hate to know that Miss Basketball was based off of one game. It is everything rolled into one, play, school, and personality on and off the court. You saw Sells last High School game coming to a bad end and did you see her lose her cool and act out? Not once. That is why Sells is a class act and total player. She wouldn’t have been nominated if she wasn’t.

Good Luck to MC and in my opinion Masiongale girl was the player of the night. We will hear a lot more from her in the next 2 years because that kid is a baller!

I think McMinn Central made LA look much worse than they normally are....so credit should be acknowledged where it's due. Could it be that Livingston's players and/or coach overlooked the Chargerettes? I know that several of LA's fans did.

Agree on sophomore Masingale. In my opinion she's Central's MVP.....and I'm not taking anything away from Adams, who's a tremendous player. Plus, the improvement of starting freshman Guardiola over the course of this season, as well as the other quality players returning, and a great group of young ladies coming in next season as freshmen, and you can see that Central should have a few more good years to look forward to.

I will stand by what I said. Based on the 2 teams records, how they had played common opponents, and the history between the two, to pick one by that many was ridiculous. I watched it. Central dominated them. So I guess you could easily say beat the spread, but until it was played, 15-20 was outlandish.

Stand by your statement all you want you were wrong admit it and move on. I was wrong about the Bradley outcome and you were WRONG about this one, the score says so.

I will stand by what I said. Based on the 2 teams records, how they had played common opponents, and the history between the two, to pick one by that many was ridiculous. I watched it. Central dominated them. So I guess you could easily say beat the spread, but until it was played, 15-20 was outlandish.

Very true

I think McMinn Central made LA look much worse than they normally are....so credit should be acknowledged where it's due. Could it be that Livingston's players and/or coach overlooked the Chargerettes? I know that several of LA's fans did.

Agree on sophomore Masingale. In my opinion she's Central's MVP.....and I'm not taking anything away from Adams, who's a tremendous player. Plus, the improvement of starting freshman Guardiola over the course of this season, as well as the other quality players returning, and a great group of young ladies coming in next season as freshmen, and you can see that Central should have a few more good years to look forward to.

Ok, in my post I wrote very plain 'Credit to MC in great play too’. I promise you this this isn't LA's first sub state or time playing MC, so you really think at this stage in the game LA with their experience would underestimated any team or player? No is the answer. LA had an awful game away and MC played very well that is what it boiled down to. You saying MC made LA look worse than they normally do, I hope that is just miswording because you make it sound like LA is the worst team ever. I even gave your team and Masingale credit where it is due, so are you really going to be so high on your pedestal that you can’t even accept that LA is a good team and had a bad night? Really? They are still teenagers & we are adults, most of us at least, so we do need to remember that in our posts. This wound for LA you have rubbed salt in over & over because some fan rubbed you the wrong way. You do need to remember this game was 5 seniors last game also, It is a tough enough loss without all of this. Just take Good game and Good Luck to MC and move on.

Ok, in my post I wrote very plain 'Credit to MC in great play too’. I promise you this this isn't LA's first sub state or time playing MC, so you really think at this stage in the game LA with their experience would underestimated any team or player? No is the answer. LA had an awful game away and MC played very well that is what it boiled down to. You saying MC made LA look worse than they normally do, I hope that is just miswording because you make it sound like LA is the worst team ever. I even gave your team and Masingale credit where it is due, so are you really going to be so high on your pedestal that you can’t even accept that LA is a good team and had a bad night? Really? They are still teenagers & we are adults, most of us at least, so we do need to remember that in our posts. This wound for LA you have rubbed salt in over & over because some fan rubbed you the wrong way. You do need to remember this game was 5 seniors last game also, It is a tough enough loss without all of this. Just take Good game and Good Luck to MC and move on.

Man, are you ever sensitive and overreacting. :lol:

Man, are you ever sensitive and overreacting. :lol:

My team is in 8AA & we love to beat LA…didn't happen this year...but next yr will be right back at it. LA had a good yr & you had this 8AA opposing fans respect. Blitzinbuc… as a fan you are about as obnoxious as it gets….so is Rabbit at times but at least he admitted he was wrong. I agree with the other post these are just kids & I know they read this crap. You’re not just hurting fans with your words you hurt the players. My nephew got slammed on here 2 yrs. ago in Baseball…he acted like it didn’t bother him but it did….I could tell with ever pitch he pitched he was thinking about the stuff said. You need to remember they are kids….. Blitzinbuc all I have to say is KARMA will bite you if you’re not careful….especially your team playing in the State.

My team is in 8AA & we love to beat LA…didn't happen this year...but next yr will be right back at it. LA had a good yr & you had this 8AA opposing fans respect. Blitzinbuc… as a fan you are about as obnoxious as it gets….so is Rabbit at times but at least he admitted he was wrong. I agree with the other post these are just kids & I know they read this crap. You’re not just hurting fans with your words you hurt the players. My nephew got slammed on here 2 yrs. ago in Baseball…he acted like it didn’t bother him but it did….I could tell with ever pitch he pitched he was thinking about the stuff said. You need to remember they are kids….. Blitzinbuc all I have to say is KARMA will bite you if you’re not careful….especially your team playing in the State.

To me, if you get on a board you should be able to handle everything that comes your way,I'm not saying it's okay to belittle kids but the mental side of sports can beat you every time, I teach my kids about trash talk and how to deal with it, grain of salt..it starts early.. my son was playing in a all-star pee-wee football game a few years ago and his job against that team was to control the middle so they couldn't run the ball inside so we could load up on the outside at half time he told me the 2 kids that were blocking him said your no good blah..blah blah ..so he looked at them and said well it takes 2 of you to block me and you haven't gained any yards on me. We lost 14 to 7 on 2 long runs around the far end..so if someone has thin skin stay off the boards.

Guys, I am not even sure if buc is a true MC person, not sure so don't take them as a part of the blue nation. If so I think they are just giving an opionion. One thing is for sure WE will always taste the humble pie until WE win a Gold Ball. Maybe this will be the year. I will never say anything personal toward players - tis not needed.

LA honestly did not seem to have anyone that could handle the ball that well. I think this was the difference in this game, that and the fact that no one could keep Adams off the boards. Good Luck to you next year we hope not to see you again until maybe the state, cause even with the loss of Adams MCentral will be reloading.

To me, if you get on a board you should be able to handle everything that comes your way,I'm not saying it's okay to belittle kids but the mental side of sports can beat you every time, I teach my kids about trash talk and how to deal with it, grain of salt..it starts early.. my son was playing in a all-star pee-wee football game a few years ago and his job against that team was to control the middle so they couldn't run the ball inside so we could load up on the outside at half time he told me the 2 kids that were blocking him said your no good blah..blah blah ..so he looked at them and said well it takes 2 of you to block me and you haven't gained any yards on me. We lost 14 to 7 on 2 long runs around the far end..so if someone has thin skin stay off the boards.

I agree...I can handle anything thrown at me but even if you tell kid to let it roll off their backs it still hurts them that adults get on here & go on the way they do. Fans get caught up in the hoopla & forget… That's all I'm saying. I could give two craps if either of the teams won that night but from experience seeing fans go at it on these boards they forget they are talking about kids.

Guys, I am not even sure if buc is a true MC person, not sure so don't take them as a part of the blue nation. If so I think they are just giving an opionion. One thing is for sure WE will always taste the humble pie until WE win a Gold Ball. Maybe this will be the year. I will never say anything personal toward players - tis not needed.

LA honestly did not seem to have anyone that could handle the ball that well. I think this was the difference in this game, that and the fact that no one could keep Adams off the boards. Good Luck to you next year we hope not to see you again until maybe the state, cause even with the loss of Adams MCentral will be reloading.

First, I would ask you to define what a "true MC" person is. Is it someone who attended MC? No, I didn't. Is it someone who has a daughter playing there? No, I don't (but will have a Granddaughter playing there in about 5 years). Is it someone who attends some games, knows many of the kids playing (and their parents/Grandparents) and loves watching them play? Yes, yes, and yes.

Note: I'm also a McMinn County High and Meigs County High fan....and will have another Granddaughter who will be a freshman for the Lady Tribe next year.

As far as me condemning ANY player, I suggest you go back and read the statement I said....then you will quickly see that I didn't condemn her at all. I merely made a statement that based on her game against Central, I was surprised she was a candidate for AA MVP. Maybe I just expected more from all the hype I had heard about her? Granted, all players and teams can underperform. My beef with the LA fans was that all some of them were doing was giving excuses for LA's performance - and not stating the obvious, that Central's performance was the main reason that LA looked so bad.

I think that some of the LA fans who post on here are very thin-skinned.....and are probably the same ones who rode roughshod on here a couple years ago when they beat Central in the first round of the state tournament. And based on that, as well as some of their comments prior to the game about their District's and Region's prowess, and that Central hadn't played as tough of a schedule, they probably thought they could come into the Round House and dominate this year....so now they're having a very difficult time digesting that crow, and wondering how in the world did their team get annihilated so bad the other night. To them I would suggest forget the weak excuses......give credit to the victor......and be happy that your team had a good year and made it to substate action.

I wish I could have watched this game….it was just too far for me to drive & wasn’t really cheering for either to win. I just listen to it on the radio & to be honest I don’t know what happened. Sounded like Central has a very good team & I know Livingston does too but on the radio it just sounded like sloppy ball which they don’t play normally…well not in the 8 plus games I have seen. Could have been Central pressure but Livingston is use to that so I don’t know? I couldn’t say one way or the other…. Central sounded like they have the team to beat to be honest. That being said I do have respect for Livingston….even though we love to beat them! I watched Livingston play Cannon Co 3 times this yr.. I know Cannon gave you your only loss….and Livingston controlled them in the 3 games I watched. You may have had an off night when you played Cannon I don’t know? I do know Livingston has some good ball handlers but that night didn’t sound they could handle anything. Anyway, I really don’t care.LOL The only reason I posted to begin with was to remind this guy to remember he was talking about kids. Oh….Logcabin…You didn’t see my team this yr but I hope you see them next yr! Good luck to you & maybe I will see your girls play on TV Saturday.

First, I would ask you to define what a "true MC" person is. Is it someone who attended MC? No, I didn't. Is it someone who has a daughter playing there? No, I don't (but will have a Granddaughter playing there in about 5 years). Is it someone who attends some games, knows many of the kids playing (and their parents/Grandparents) and loves watching them play? Yes, yes, and yes.

Note: I'm also a McMinn County High and Meigs County High fan....and will have another Granddaughter who will be a freshman for the Lady Tribe next year.

As far as me condemning ANY player, I suggest you go back and read the statement I said....then you will quickly see that I didn't condemn her at all. I merely made a statement that based on her game against Central, I was surprised she was a candidate for AA MVP. Maybe I just expected more from all the hype I had heard about her? Granted, all players and teams can underperform. My beef with the LA fans was that all some of them were doing was giving excuses for LA's performance - and not stating the obvious, that Central's performance was the main reason that LA looked so bad.

I think that some of the LA fans who post on here are very thin-skinned.....and are probably the same ones who rode roughshod on here a couple years ago when they beat Central in the first round of the state tournament. And based on that, as well as some of their comments prior to the game about their District's and Region's prowess, and that Central hadn't played as tough of a schedule, they probably thought they could come into the Round House and dominate this year....so now they're having a very difficult time digesting that crow, and wondering how in the world did their team get annihilated so bad the other night. To them I would suggest forget the weak excuses......give credit to the victor......and be happy that your team had a good year and made it to substate action.

Aaaa.. buc I was just giving you a hard time. Don't be thin skinned. You have every right to say whatever you want on here. Personally I think it is great that we can get on here and poke a little at each other. Many of your points I agree with, I was just stating to LA that you are more of a follower of the whole district and area and your opinion was unbiased and not based on the love for MCentral basketball. For one I like some of your post! But sometimes.............. One thing we can agree on, MCentral girls are at a high level right now and going to be hard to handle.