Jackson County vs Loretto

Just like Livingston Academy against McMinn Central in last week's 2A Substate Game.

I think many times a team's past successes and gold balls works against them. I've reminded other fans on here that what their school accomplished in the past will do absolutely nothing for them this year. NO team has a birthright to the state tournament - it has to be earned - just as winning the state championship will have to be.

Central has yet to do it, even though they've come oh so close. I'm hoping that hunger keeps them focused this year.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think many times a team's past successes and gold balls works against them. I've reminded other fans on here that what their school accomplished in the past will do absolutely nothing for them this year. NO team has a birthright to the state tournament - it has to be earned - just as winning the state championship will have to be.

Central has yet to do it, even though they've come oh so close. I'm hoping that hunger keeps them focused this year.

Words from some who has never won anything. It's funny how the same teams seem to get to state year after year with all those banners in their gyms working against them. Of course the title has to be earned and some schools know what it takes to win it while others either don't care or have to learn the hard way. Losing big games makes you stronger and winning them gives you the confidence to do it again. Those banners mean more than you think.

Congratulations to the Loretto Lady Mustangs from LAWRENCE COUNTY - not Wayne County! Good luck in round 2, bring that Class A Lady's crown back home to Lawrence County!!!!! And send good vibes to our Summertown Eagles in the Men's tournament next week!!!!!

I think u misunderstood what WCHSGrad was saying - that was a congratulations to Loretto from us in Wayne Co. He wasn't saying Loretto is in Wayne Co. Lol All of us from Wayne Co are pulling for a District 12 rematch in the championship.

I think u misunderstood what WCHSGrad was saying - that was a congratulations to Loretto from us in Wayne Co. He wasn't saying Loretto is in Wayne Co. Lol All of us from Wayne Co are pulling for a District 12 rematch in the championship.

Then WCHSGrad should have been more clear in his post. My first thought was that he was congratulating some of the girls because they must have been from Wayne Co but were now playing for Loretto. Never even thought of this other interpretation.

Regardless, good luck to both District 12A teams tomorrow!!!!!

jim brown does not recuite girls. it is a fact some families have moved to JC to give the girls a better chance at scholarships but he does not go out and ask them too. This is a bad line to keep up just because the man is a good coach.

Now Now, I am a hugh Blue Devil fan. And a Coach Brown fan. By the way...Congratulation to the Lady Blue...Great Season!

But now lets be honest, if you live in Jackson County, you know that we have (in the past) had a recruitment issue. Hopefully that practice has stopped.

The Lady Blue could have as easily won the state as they were defeated in the first game, this year. They have a team of Good Girls and Good Athletes, I think the maturity level was a big factor in their loss at State this year. No seniors, Actually if you have followed closely....The girls that are Juniors have not experienced a STRONG Senior leadership during their high school years. A little (flub-up) on Coach Brown's part and a little to much "pride" cost him a few years ago.....and still is showing effects on the team.

Next year, they will be ready.....Caroline and Hope are growing up.....the leadership level will begin to regain its strength.......They will be the team to beat in 2012.

Then WCHSGrad should have been more clear in his post. My first thought was that he was congratulating some of the girls because they must have been from Wayne Co but were now playing for Loretto. Never even thought of this other interpretation.

Regardless, good luck to both District 12A teams tomorrow!!!!!

what I've been saying all alone ALL teams have transfers at one time or another but we gripe when someone else gets one

Now Now, I am a hugh Blue Devil fan. And a Coach Brown fan. By the way...Congratulation to the Lady Blue...Great Season!

But now lets be honest, if you live in Jackson County, you know that we have (in the past) had a recruitment issue. Hopefully that practice has stopped.

The Lady Blue could have as easily won the state as they were defeated in the first game, this year. They have a team of Good Girls and Good Athletes, I think the maturity level was a big factor in their loss at State this year. No seniors, Actually if you have followed closely....The girls that are Juniors have not experienced a STRONG Senior leadership during their high school years. A little (flub-up) on Coach Brown's part and a little to much "pride" cost him a few years ago.....and still is showing effects on the team.

Next year, they will be ready.....Caroline and Hope are growing up.....the leadership level will begin to regain its strength.......They will be the team to beat in 2012.

Huh? Didn't this team have a boat load of seniors last season and win a state championship? Don't really have to be close to the situation to know things are going pretty well at JC. Taking shots at Coach Brown and state champion girls seems pretty dumb. Hope your second post on this site contains some intelligence.

I don't know who you've been watching but this was the team to beat in 2011. When you reach the final eight, any team CAN win and any team can have a bad game. I believe Coach Brown's record stands on its on merits. Don't believe any of the other seven coaches there, would have wanted to meet him in the first round. Would anything short of 'winning them all' satisfy you?

I don't know about Loretto,Wayne Co,Scotts Hill etc but I think Lake Co will be the team to beat next year.Lost in overtime in a game should have won..but I agree they didn't ..But that same team that beat Lake Co put a whiiping on the team that beat yall handidly.Jackson Co may do well against teams that play half court games but fast teams will run them ragged.Way too slow.The big girl had better lose a lot of weight.Looked to me like she was barely getting around..like maybe some leg problems.She's going to score some points down low because she is so big and if a team decides to let Jackson Co set up on defense,then her size could be a problem,but a true running team will have their way.