AAA Tournament

Hank51

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

science hill will be your AAA champs

Anybody but Riverdale. Any team that sits in the stands, observing another game, and then as a team, ridicules another player when they foul out of the game has no class. And they are a reflection of their Coach, their School and their fans.

This team has no class and is not a good representative of this area and Lady's Basketball.

ABRD (Anybody But Riverdale

Edited by Hank51

Anybody but Riverdale. Any team that sits in the stands, observing another game, and then as a team, ridicules another player when they foul out of the game has no class. And they are a reflection of their Coach, their School and their fans.

This team has no class and is not a good representative of this area and Lady's Basketball.

ABRD (Anybody But Riverdale

hard to argue with that I am not a fan of the left right sit down chant to a high school player BUT unfortunatly it is what they see on TV and at MTSu games i do not have a problem with it in college but not a fan of it in high school....

as far as the game...man was we ina fight today this was a VERY physical game we got hammer and hammered all day long...we did not shoot the ball very well but that is credited to overton they really did an OUTSTANDING job guarding the perimeter against us and our shooter did not get a lot of good looks

i think overton was a great test for whoever we play tomorrow for the STATE CHAMPIONSHIP as long as they didnt beat us too bad...

our girls played hard tonight and after getting behind by as much as 10 points in the first half we was able to cut it down to 24-20 at the half and then pull away by the 4th QTR for the win

we are headed back to the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME NOW FINISH THE ULTIMATE GOAL

GO LADY WARRIORS

...BUT unfortunatly it is what they see on TV and at MTSu games...

GO LADY WARRIORS

Waited a day before posting about the chant there at the end of the game yesterday by the Riverdale team. In agreement with ABRD. They also see people shooting each other and using drugs. Oh well that's what they see on TV. Give me a break.

Of course, if the other half of the team gets their nails done at the mall, like half did this morning. They may play the same way tomorrow, and not be able to pull it out in the end.

Edited by KeeperFan15

Waited a day before posting about the chant there at the end of the game yesterday by the Riverdale team. In agreement with ABRD. They also see people shooting each other and using drugs. Oh well that's what they see on TV. Give me a break.

Of course, if the other half of the team gets their nails done at the mall, like half did this morning. They may play the same way tomorrow, and not be able to pull it out in the end.

really man?...it is a chant and people like that chant OBVIOUSLY there is a difference between shooting someone and a chant at a basketall game good job of blowing that out of proportion GIVE ME A BREAK

I dont like it personally but it is still a chant

A little confused by all the babble about children and their responsibilty to uphold the HIGH standards they see the adults around them set by their actions.

I thought for a minute the chant that was being refered to was the one used at the end of "Remember the Titans". You know as the guys were saying good by to their good friend and a great competitor.

On a more interesting note: Over heard some BM girls quip that they were glad it was over. "Sick of being around THAT coach. SAD! They had a impressive year.... as noted on their T-shirts

really man?...it is a chant and people like that chant OBVIOUSLY there is a difference between shooting someone and a chant at a basketall game good job of blowing that out of proportion GIVE ME A BREAK

I dont like it personally but it is still a chant

I was referring to the "Nah, nah, hey, hey, good bye" chant/song they gave the Duke girl when she fouled out. As I said, no class. Where was their supervision? Or was the Coach up there singing with them? If they are not involved in the game, why would they want to sit there and make fun of another player's misfortune? Do you approve of that kind of behavior?

Anyway, I just felt it was a horrible show of sportsmanship and a lack of class. I would like to think most would disapprove. But when the star player's mother is following kids from the other team around threatening them......... You know, the same lady on a comment thread in the local paper threatening other commenters....... Well...you've heard about the apple falling far from the tree?

They are obviously a talented group of girls. And you are a dedicated fan. But why tarnish their accomplishments with behavior like that?

"When you get in the end zone, act like you've been there before." ~ Paul "Bear" Bryant

ABRD

Edited by Hank51

I was referring to the "Nah, nah, hey, hey, good bye" chant/song they gave the Duke girl when she fouled out. As I said, no class. Where was their supervision? Or was the Coach up there singing with them? If they are not involved in the game, why would they want to sit there and make fun of another player's misfortune? Do you approve of that kind of behavior?

Anyway, I just felt it was a horrible show of sportsmanship and a lack of class. I would like to think most would disapprove. But when the star player's mother is following kids from the other team around threatening them......... You know, the same lady on a comment thread in the local paper threatening other commenters....... Well...you've heard about the apple falling far from the tree?

They are obviously a talented group of girls. And you are a dedicated fan. But why tarnish their accomplishments with behavior like that?

"When you get in the end zone, act like you've been there before." ~ Paul "Bear" Bryant

ABRD

Pretty much tried to stay out of this because I don't have a dog in the hunt. I just love Rutherford County and hope they all win. BUT....This is getting pretty stupid. I was at almost all Blackman / Riverdale games to see good basketball. I was at the district championship game...Riverdale girls WERE booed when thier names were called out. DOn't say it did not happen because it did and I was there. During the Regional game the student section from Blackman was no better than the one from Riverdale. Who was sitting in the student section parenting those kids????? Do I agree with the chant and other stuff that goes on,no, but before people shoot arrows they may want to pay closer attention to what goes on in thier own stands. I sat behind both coaches at different game and guess what, niether one was better than the other. In fact as a non partisan fan the Blackman coach was far worse. Want to go after the ADULT coaches then go right ahead but grow up and leave the kids alone. Both have good players, both have good fans, and BOTH have fans that cross the lines. To call a group of teenage girls and an entire school classless, might want to take a better look around before throwing rocks at KIDS.

Hey Guys - If I were a Blackman or Riverdale fan I would not be as concerned about what the student sections are chanting as about how few were there chanting anything. It is unfortunate that schools that size have supported their teams so poorly at the tournament.

Pretty much tried to stay out of this because I don't have a dog in the hunt. I just love Rutherford County and hope they all win. BUT....This is getting pretty stupid. I was at almost all Blackman / Riverdale games to see good basketball. I was at the district championship game...Riverdale girls WERE booed when thier names were called out. DOn't say it did not happen because it did and I was there. During the Regional game the student section from Blackman was no better than the one from Riverdale. Who was sitting in the student section parenting those kids????? Do I agree with the chant and other stuff that goes on,no, but before people shoot arrows they may want to pay closer attention to what goes on in thier own stands. I sat behind both coaches at different game and guess what, niether one was better than the other. In fact as a non partisan fan the Blackman coach was far worse. Want to go after the ADULT coaches then go right ahead but grow up and leave the kids alone. Both have good players, both have good fans, and BOTH have fans that cross the lines. To call a group of teenage girls and an entire school classless, might want to take a better look around before throwing rocks at KIDS.

First, the remark was made that the RD Players were boo'ed during trophy presentations. That is not true. Period.

In addition, that was a game between the two schools. Student sections cheering against the other team is expected. At the State Tournament, RD players, NOT a student section, were sitting as a group in the stands observing the game. There is a difference. Sorry if you don't see that.

I call B.S. on Coach Hibdon cursing.

I did take a look around. And several things I have observed have led me to my conclusions. I have observed it on the part of the adults AND the kids. I think it is a lack of supervision and a tacit approval of poor sportsmanship. That is not necessarily the "Kids" fault, I suppose, as they are only doing what is allowed. And kids being kids....... But that doesn't mean one should not acknowledge the truth.

So...until people quit making excuses for them and someone steps up to correct the poor sportsmanship and activities that suggest a lack of class...I stand by the conclusion that, while it is not necessarily the "Kids", it absolutely IS the organization behind them, simply manifested in the actions of the "Kids".