McMinn Central vs Cannon County, (part II)

blitzinbuc

I like the low post presence of Massengill and Adams. A championship team usually has a good down low game. I also feel like Cannon County will have a tough time with Mcminns's press. Their passes seemed a bit sloppy at times today. I also feel they rely on the three too much. If I was Morgan, I would make them beat me down low. I don't think they can. But, Cannon Cannon will have the home crowd and keep it close. Central by 10.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And from wascally wabbit we have this pearl of wisdom to remember:

"Central has not seen a defense like they will face against LA."

:lol:

Just check the banners on the wall at LA. :thumb: By the way, what losing program did you leave to jump on the Central bandwagon? Most Central fans have class and are use to winning, and are the kind of fans that any team would want to have rooting for them. I've noticed in the past that the only ones who want to continue to 'pour it on' and 'rub salt', as you have on several threads, are fans who come from a program that is not experienced in winning. If you'll check the threads from this district, you'll find that we poke fun at one another and make stupid comments, but when the actions over, we (with the exception of idiotic 'midtnspurtfan') will congratulate one another (as I did the Central team after the win over LA) and move on. My bet would be that most of the good Central fans would like to see you 'can it'. I'll have no more to say on the subject. Go ahead and rant on, just remember: What goes around, comes around!

As usual no prediction from me. Cannon will be the underdog which suits them well. It's the old "revenge factor" vs. "we're in your head because we beat you" psychological dilemma. MCentral has a great team and presents some matchup problems especially down low. Cannon will have to play better than they did today but have a shot. Confidence is not a problem for Cannon after beating #2, #4, and #5 in the tourney so far and the current #1 early in the season.

:

Just check the banners on the wall at LA. :thumb: By the way, what losing program did you leave to jump on the Central bandwagon? Most Central fans have class and are use to winning, and are the kind of fans that any team would want to have rooting for them. I've noticed in the past that the only ones who want to continue to 'pour it on' and 'rub salt', as you have on several threads, are fans who come from a program that is not experienced in winning. If you'll check the threads from this district, you'll find that we poke fun at one another and make stupid comments, but when the actions over, we (with the exception of idiotic 'midtnspurtfan') will congratulate one another (as I did the Central team after the win over LA) and move on. My bet would be that most of the good Central fans would like to see you 'can it'. I'll have no more to say on the subject. Go ahead and rant on, just remember: What goes around, comes around!

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Edited by 89charger

My teasing had nothing to do with LA, it was directed at a silly comment you made......so don't try to divert the subject. Also, who was it that came into this thread and showed their lack of class?????

Edited by blitzinbuc

Well, I'm headed back to gibson co. from murfreesboro as I type this. After watching both cannon and mcminn today, I will not be surprised if cannon does win. I picked mcminn to win this whole tournament, but I think cannon is completely capable of beating mcminn again. Cannon does have some heigth to match up with mcminn in numbers 34 and 23. At one point today, 23 had a block on three consecutive possessions which was nice. That won't be the case tomorrow, but it will help cannon. If sissom shoots tomorrow like she did today, I think cannon wins. Union got a great player in sissom!

Your right, he is the equivalent to midtensports fan except he is in East TN. He may not have said much on this board about LA but he did on the LA/McMinn topic. I personally think it is Last Word-ittis, mixed with some Smart A**-ittis, and topped with retirement. I guess we should cut the old timer some slack because this board is probably the highlight of his day.

IMO the key to winning this game for Cannon is to stop Masengil. Adams is going to get her points and I wouldn't sell out defensively to stop her. Cannon needs to beat the other 4 players on the court and that starts with Masengil. Of course, the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.