Perry County how do they rank

judgesmales

Slatten's one of the best coaches we've ever had ,in my opinion, next to Willie Hudson of course.

Slatten was/is a good coach, and had more talent around him at Perry County than most Class A teams at the time. I never got the impression watching those teams that they won in spite of him, and I think he did an excellent job.

It's quite a leap, however, to put his name up there with Willie Hudson and skip over Dave Rhodes.

Watched alot of film with em. I never seen anyone break down a team or study more than Slatten did! Im excited we have Coach Haston cause I know he stays in touch with Slatten and he's been coached by the the Best!

No I didnt . I watched a lot of ball and some of my best friends were on 96 and 97 Teams

So you were about 3 or 4 years old in the early 80's and not born yet in the 50's and 70's. I would feel confident in saying PC's run of talent in the mid 90's may have been the best that has ever come through that school.

Coach Haston did a really good job recapturing the teams focus after the Summertown and Riverside games. He and the team have really improved and its good seeing someone that bleeds Black and Gold on the sidelines.

Edited by basketballcoach

Hudson, Rhodes....then Slatten. Slatten had the privilege of having good talent around him. Good coach but not in the class of the first two.

Hudson your right about but cant say the same about the Rhodes era. Didn't Albert Ellison coach the 75 Team and then Rhodes (somehow) got it? He laughed ,Ellison, when telling me about "His Team". Slatten is in the class of them in my opinion, for what its worth.

I thought Bruce coached that team, swoosh. But you make it sound like he was the only one who had great talent between those 3 coaches, Rhodes had tremendous talent the 2 years he won it, Mike Rhodes only averaged 44 a game his senior year. But had several good players around him. The 55-56-57 years they had several great players also, especially Albert Ellison. Bruce knows alot of the history Perry County basketball and would never think of himself as on equal footing with either of those coaches. But from what I have seen he is very, very good and may be one of the best defensive coaches around. He will also be the 1st one to say that he had good talent.

Ellison left PC to coach his son at Hardin Co., if I'm not mistaken.

He coached PC to the semi-finals in 75 where they lost by 1 and he left with a bit of help i think? Thats what I was told anyway, by him. He knew what he had coming back on a young Team that was loaded with Rhodes,Hinson and Haymer.

I want all the PC faithful to put together a 15 man team of the best players from 2000 till present. You have to have 3 of every position.

Here's my List.

Point Guard

1. Brian Marrs

2. Garrett Hill

3. Brett Jackson

Shooting Guard

1. Cody Warren

2. Shawn Thorton

3. Matthew Cunningham

Small Forward

1. Cannon Rhodes

2. Matt Marrs

3. David Maness

Power Forward

1. Jonathan Gray

2. Jacob Tucker

3. Dan McEwen

Center

1. Chase Richardson

2. Christian Cunningham

3. Will Averett

Just my opinions.

What's everyone's thoughts?

I want all the PC faithful to put together a 15 man team of the best players from 2000 till present. You have to have 3 of every position.

Here's my List.

Point Guard

1. Brian Marrs

2. Garrett Hill

3. Brett Jackson

Shooting Guard

1. Cody Warren

2. Shawn Thorton

3. Matthew Cunningham

Small Forward

1. Cannon Rhodes

2. Matt Marrs

3. David Maness

Power Forward

1. Jonathan Gray

2. Jacob Tucker

3. Dan McEwen

Center

1. Chase Richardson

2. Christian Cunningham

3. Will Averett

Just my opinions.

What's everyone's thoughts?

No Mercer on this list?? Come on man you have to have him on here, he is better than David Maness