Livingston Academy vs East Literature

swipper

EL definetly doesnt stall! They take quick shots and crash the boards. If LA takes care of the boards, and dont allow 2nd chance opportunitys from bad shots, they will be fine. We also need to take care of the ball cause they do apply alot of pressure. If we play the fundamental unselfish ball we ve been playing, then we will win!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay Genius. How well did LA's fundamentals do against Bolivar and Fulton's speed? Win? Or was the speed of those teams too much? You can't teach speed.

Well "genius," I do recall those two teams being two of the better boys basketball teams I can remember seeing. I know East Lit. is not that caliber. Fulton and Bolivar, both great teams, could shoot it from anywhere. Could do anything they wanted to. I've seen a lot of East Lit teams. I hope they teach more than speed, because in the past, they've needed a lot more.

Well "genius," I do recall those two teams being two of the better boys basketball teams I can remember seeing. I know East Lit. is not that caliber. Fulton and Bolivar, both great teams, could shoot it from anywhere. Could do anything they wanted to. I've seen a lot of East Lit teams. I hope they teach more than speed, because in the past, they've needed a lot more.

If you are basing your pick on previous East Lit teams, you are making a mistake. Yes, they are fast, but also very fundamental and shoot very well-even free throws. They play well together and go deep into their bench. LA’s best chance is to not get too far behind early and try to play catch up.

I know you guys in the Upper Cumberland are passionate about your basketball, but sometimes you have to respect your opponent. If you don’t respect East Lit, you’re in trouble.

Eda

If you are basing your pick on previous East Lit teams, you are making a mistake. Yes, they are fast, but also very fundamental and shoot very well-even free throws. They play well together and go deep into their bench. LA’s best chance is to not get too far behind early and try to play catch up.

I know you guys in the Upper Cumberland are passionate about your basketball, but sometimes you have to respect your opponent. If you don’t respect East Lit, you’re in trouble.

Eda

I think it's fair to say that LA won't be overlooking East Lit. based on the recent past. East Lit. better not overlook LA would be the more accurate statement. As a fan I'm glad the Cats won't be playing that Fulton team or Bolivar team in the opening round. No disrespect to E.L. but your team probably would have gotton the same result as the Cats got....ran out of the Gym. I like our chances in this game IF we play our game. Hopefully the Cats won't have to play catch up as you posted. Hopefully we can control the TEMPO of the game and make E.L. play our game. Time will tell. Good Luck LA

Edited by Rocking Chair

LA handled EL speed last year pretty well with a 23 pt win! Trust me LA wont overlook none of these teams. I dont think we did in the past either, we just got taken out of our game by very good teams. All these fans are saying the same thing, play fundamental sound and our game and we will be ok. No one has dissed EL, they are a very good ball team. Our guards will hold their on, we have faced speedy opp. a few times!

I think it's fair to say that LA won't be overlooking East Lit. based on the recent past. East Lit. better not overlook LA would be the more accurate statement. As a fan I'm glad the Cats won't be playing that Fulton team or Bolivar team in the opening round. No disrespect to E.L. but your team probably would have gotton the same result as the Cats got....ran out of the Gym. I like our chances in this game IF we play our game. Hopefully the Cats won't have to play catch up as you posted. Hopefully we can control the TEMPO of the game and make E.L. play our game. Time will tell. Good Luck LA

If you will do a little research, you will see Fulton would have been a better draw than E Lit. Fulton beat Stone by 3. The same Stone LA beat twice although they beat them worse under the old coach. Trust me when I tell you Fulton would NOT run E Lit. out of the gym. Nor would Bolivar. LA by 20+