Livingston Academy vs East Literature

swipper

Why was LA not in a zone for the last play?

That is a great question. I was at the games today and for the most part all were great, none greater than the LA vs. EL. It was puzzling why LA was not in a zone the last play. The kid from EL had came alive in the closing minutes and LA wasn't stopping them. I fully expected LA to pack it in and close of the rim. Another question is why they did not foul before the shot. I believe they still had one foul to give. I may be wrong on that one though.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a great question. I was at the games today and for the most part all were great, none greater than the LA vs. EL. It was puzzling why LA was not in a zone the last play. The kid from EL had came alive in the closing minutes and LA wasn't stopping them. I fully expected LA to pack it in and close of the rim. Another question is why they did not foul before the shot. I believe they still had one foul to give. I may be wrong on that one though.

6 fouls according to radio

Why was LA not in a zone for the last play?

Coaching?

Other than the brain 'poot' at the end of the game, LA (and the coach) had done great. Great season for LA. The boys played their hearts out. Even though I didn't approve of the coaching change, Miller was able to hold the talent together for a great run. Maybe we will get over the 1st round hump next season.

Again, great season LA. Train hard this off-season and get ready to do it all again.

That Game stung a little! These boys have gone through alot this year and they will be better men for the way they handled it! No dissrespect to SM or BC but I feel LA and EL were the best two teams last night and it was a shame we met in the 1st round. #20 is a player! Good luck to EL, would like to see them and Howard in the finals. Would love to see the west tn teams and all their arrogance go down!

LA did have a successful season. Their accomplishments were many. Miller gets a pat on the back for the job he did. In the bigger picture,to me anyway, Coach Melton deserves some of the credit as well. He was the guy who scheduled camps at Jackson, Harpeth, Gallatin, and Maryville prior to this season. The competition at those places was high level. If you look back over Melton's tenure, he never dodged anybody at camps or regular season. Melrose, Ensworth, CPA just to name a few. The district LA plays in may not be the strongest in the state, but the non-district foes under Melton(with the exception of a couple) were always high caliber. Like him or not, the man deserves a lot of credit for this team's success. Who's to say that if the coaching change hadn't happened that the team wouldn't have made the state tourney anyway? I think they would have. Miller reaps the glory and that's ok, but Melton has seemingly become an afterthought and that is unfortunate. Hold your head high Coach Melton. You raised the level of LA basketball and the LA faithful should be thankful.

LA did have a successful season. Their accomplishments were many. Miller gets a pat on the back for the job he did. In the bigger picture,to me anyway, Coach Melton deserves some of the credit as well. He was the guy who scheduled camps at Jackson, Harpeth, Gallatin, and Maryville prior to this season. The competition at those places was high level. If you look back over Melton's tenure, he never dodged anybody at camps or regular season. Melrose, Ensworth, CPA just to name a few. The district LA plays in may not be the strongest in the state, but the non-district foes under Melton(with the exception of a couple) were always high caliber. Like him or not, the man deserves a lot of credit for this team's success. Who's to say that if the coaching change hadn't happened that the team wouldn't have made the state tourney anyway? I think they would have. Miller reaps the glory and that's ok, but Melton has seemingly become an afterthought and that is unfortunate. Hold your head high Coach Melton. You raised the level of LA basketball and the LA faithful should be thankful.

Good post! I agree totally, Melton had this program going in the directon that caught my attention. Got me following the team again and I thank him for that! I hope Miller can continue that same mentality that demands LA to be a contender every year! Richard definetly earned that respect from all competition!

congrats to LA on a good season. I thought they did the right thing fouling with only 5 and 7.8 seconds and forcing another inbound from midcourt with 3.9 good coaching and executed well, however they should have forced the inbound to back court but in the game situation its difficult to do everything right and most of time you win in that situation. This team will be good next season and I expect to see them at the boro again.