Class A Girls favorites for next season?

maddiemay

Are you serious??? I've never heard of a high school coach being under a timed contract.

Me either. He was tenured at PC but left for Cleveland High after 98 season. We had a couple coaches after him and rumors that he was coming back but ? Im proud of Coach Haston, having been coached by Slatten and (The General) Bob Knight! He's been coached by the Best.

Bigger doesnt always mean better, to some anyway. I may be wrong but I dont think so.

I hope your right Dog. I'm a South Greene fan, so this really doesn't include me, but I hope James stays right where he is. I really think James is to big of person to take money over commitment. He is great for these girls and I don't think many of them would want to transfer to Greeneville. I'm against ya this time Barb. We all know that GHS has the best facilities and more money and all that, but that doesn't make them the best in Greene. Our little county schools are good too, even if we don't have the money the city does. James please uphold your reputation and stay where you are.

I hope your right Dog. I'm a South Greene fan, so this really doesn't include me, but I hope James stays right where he is. I really think James is to big of person to take money over commitment. He is great for these girls and I don't think many of them would want to transfer to Greeneville. I'm against ya this time Barb. We all know that GHS has the best facilities and more money and all that, but that doesn't make them the best in Greene. Our little county schools are good too, even if we don't have the money the city does. James please uphold your reputation and stay where you are.

Haywood, I'm not saying Buchanan is even interested but seriously, if someone offered you. say $10K more money to do what you do in a nice new facility with all the tools and equipment to do your job the way you have always wanted to, would you "uphold your reputation"? How do you explain that one to your wife?

I'm with you haywood, our girls coach @ Hampton thinks the world of James and speaks very highly of him saying basically what you just said. To most people $$$$ may be everything but to a select few it may not be. I hope he stays @ NG because I enjoy watching the Lady Huskies & Lady Bulldogs go at it.

Haywood, I'm not saying Buchanan is even interested but seriously, if someone offered you. say $10K more money to do what you do in a nice new facility with all the tools and equipment to do your job the way you have always wanted to, would you "uphold your reputation"? How do you explain that one to your wife?

Barb, this is about kids here. We could all send our kids to GHS because they have the best, but we don't because we know life is more than the best facilities. James, being a Chrisitan will no doubt pray about the situation before making a decision. I think as a person, James will choose to stay where he is because these girls and their parents are too classy to be swayed by money. Stay where you are James and be the coach that Greene County is proud of. Don't let money and facilities rule your decision...it wouldn't be smart.

I don't understand why you think Buchanan is untouchable at North Greene. Greeneville is likely to pay better without the headaches of being AD. The facilities are the best in the area and resources are virtually unlimited...and with Greeneville's enrollment policy, he can bring his freshmen with him! Sounds like a win-win to me... <_<

:o Enrollment policy??????

I'm with you haywood, our girls coach @ Hampton thinks the world of James and speaks very highly of him saying basically what you just said. To most people $$$$ may be everything but to a select few it may not be. I hope he stays @ NG because I enjoy watching the Lady Huskies & Lady Bulldogs go at it.

Thanks Dog, as a SG fan, it is always a privilage to play NG becuase they are humble and fight for what they want. They are like Greene County's David vs. Goliath. Thank you for supporting them and this really shows that Hampton is a class act as well.

Barb, this is about kids here. We could all send our kids to GHS because they have the best, but we don't because we know life is more than the best facilities. James, being a Chrisitan will no doubt pray about the situation before making a decision. I think as a person, James will choose to stay where he is because these girls and their parents are too classy to be swayed by money. Stay where you are James and be the coach that Greene County is proud of. Don't let money and facilities rule your decision...it wouldn't be smart.

How long has Buchanan been at NG? 10+ years? A coach his age should be looking for career opportunity. Yall keep talking about life and class and being christian vs making a decision that might just be good for him and his family. HS sports does not provide guaranteed job security. That is an extra-curricular that can easily be cut from a school budget...something occuring nationwide with more frequency.After 2 years in the Boro, Buchanan is going to get offers...I'd just as soon have him in Greeneville as to lose him to someone else. And I'll try not to be insulted by your inferrence that living in Baileyton and sending my girl to Greeneville somehow made me greedy and classless.