Class A Girls favorites for next season?

maddiemay

Scotts Hill loses some size in the guard spots and some athleticism in the post,along with the confidence that winning close games against good competition brings.Not sure about Middleton or Madison,but I'm betting on both being very good along with Riverside.There's enough sub-state calibre teams in 15A to give 13A-14A teams a run for their money,but realisticly Lake Co. should be the favorite in the west(I know ya'll are a little sick of hearing this,but the Lady Falcons are way better than they showed up in the 'Boro).Douglas is the only 16A team in years to be considered a threat to our district,and were blown-out in 2'nd round of regionals.Too many good teams to predict which two make the final eight,but by the same token,they'll have been battle tested and tempered.

Cloudland should be very good from the east next year. Had a great young team this year that could have easily eliminated North Greene if just a few things had gone differently. They have all 5 starters back and the top subs as well as an excellent incoming freshman group. They should be the top team from District 1 and Region 1.

• 3 weeks later...

This thread will go on and on, will die out over the summer. :flower:

In Nov. I will post this again on another thread that someone else starts. :motorbike: Lake Co. and Jackson Co. will go deep into the tournament and maybe face eachother in the Championship. :ph34r:

I thought Lake County was supposed to have gone far the last 2 or 3 years now, but I have yet to see them in a championshp match? Jackson County should be the team to beat with Warden coming back, but the Coe girl will improve and be even better this year.

I thought Lake County was supposed to have gone far the last 2 or 3 years now, but I have yet to see them in a championshp match? Jackson County should be the team to beat with Warden coming back, but the Coe girl will improve and be even better this year.

I didn't see Jackson Co there either.Lake Co didn't get beat by 20 points.I really thought last years Lake Co team was better than this years team but still thought this years team had a chance.Missed way too many free throws.The big girl is going to have to lose a lot of weight.She will be a load against Lake Co on the offensive end but she was still in the back court in most of the game that I saw her.She's be fine if Lake Co plays the slow game like they did at the stste which amazed me.I saw plenty of times,Lake Co could have pushed the ball only to have T.T. walk the ball up the court.If Lake Co runs,the big girl will give up too many layups to Carnation Hart.I was impressed more by Loretto than Jackson Co.

Edited by mrbigster

I didn't see Jackson Co there either.

Yeah but they were their the year before, and 2 years before that. For the last few years i've heard a lot of talk out of Lake County, but haven't seen them playing for a championship yet...Would love to see them on television so I could actually see how good they really are :mrgreen:

Yeah but they were their the year before, and 2 years before that. For the last few years i've heard a lot of talk out of Lake County, but haven't seen them playing for a championship yet...Would love to see them on television so I could actually see how good they really are :mrgreen:

They have had some serious talent on their team.

Now, you might know what I've been talking about all along. I said in the season that a good fundamental team would beat them and it happened. People around here think of Lake Co. and TT Flowers and get intimidated whether it be Bradford, Greenfield, Gleason etc. I know it upsets people when I say it, but sometimes the truth hurts.

Now that Lake Co. had this experience this past season, they're liable to come to Murfreesboro next year and run everyone out of the gym. Another year of state tournament experience for Lake this year could do them some good come next year. They will be right back in Murfreesboro again with almost the same record.

Edited by GCPioneer

Maybe you will see them on tv.No doubt the talent has been there.Wasn't too thrilled about the coaching strategy in several games this past season.A loss to Obion Central that definately shouln't have happened.A 3 point lead with just seconds left.Some will say that still,a team has to hit a good shot.I still say foul,let them make two and more than likely you still win.Ask the Memphis Grizzlies.Winning by 3 points with about 2 seconds left.Yes,it's going to take a just about miraculous shot but why let it come down to that.Foul.Maybe it will happen next year and maybe it won't.But I'd definately have my money on Lake Co over Jackson Co this coming season unless your big girl loses a lot of weight or yall get a lot more tranfers.All I heard was yall's coach was going to be the difference,a legend.He looked like a rookie coacing in that game.And had the big girl out chasing the ball close to half court with about a minute to go.Made her look terrible and had people laughing.He shouldn't have put her in that situation.Already was getting beat by 20 points.Have her just stay back or a smaller girl chasing the ball.It was a humialiating site.I heard sevearl people talking about it and how it was making her look..She had as much chance keeping up with that girl than staying with T.T. Jackson Co looked terrible and slow this past season.Wasn't talking about the year before and the year before.

Edited by mrbigster

bigster, no offense, but you or the fans that were laughing at what Coach Brown was doing obviously don't know much about Coach Brown. IF he stays in the high school ranks, he'll go down as one of the winningest HS coaches in Tennessee. The reason I say IF he stays in the high school ranks is because he could easily move onto the college ranks. The man knows how to coach. What was humiliating was the fact that LC fans boasted about how awesome they were and got bounced in the first round of the state tournament by a team I had never even heard of before!

Now, if I remember correctly, Jackson Co. was extremely young this year and returns everyone back next year. bigster, you must feel real confident heading into next season as you have already called out THE Single A powerhouse in Jackson Co. You better hope your team doesn't let you down! :thumb:

bigster, no offense, but you or the fans that were laughing at what Coach Brown was doing obviously don't know much about Coach Brown. IF he stays in the high school ranks, he'll go down as one of the winningest HS coaches in Tennessee. The reason I say IF he stays in the high school ranks is because he could easily move onto the college ranks. The man knows how to coach. What was humiliating was the fact that LC fans boasted about how awesome they were and got bounced in the first round of the state tournament by a team I had never even heard of before!

Now, if I remember correctly, Jackson Co. was extremely young this year and returns everyone back next year. bigster, you must feel real confident heading into next season as you have already called out THE Single A powerhouse in Jackson Co. You better hope your team doesn't let you down! :thumb:

He may be the greatest high school coach in Tenn but in the state tournament,he did a terrible job and especially having the big girl chase the ball at the end of the game and down by 20 points.It looked pathetic and he shouldn't have let it happen.As for getting bounced,didn't that same team also make the State championship ?And lost in overtime.Fact is ,Lake Co free throw shooting lost that game. And the coaching played a hand as well.Lake Co had Carnation Hart that had about 17 points at the half and never went back to her.Blew a 5 point lead in overtime when they took a couple outside shots and should have held the ball with no shot clock.They got what they deserved.But again.I thought the team the year before was better than last years Lake Co team so I don't know who was boasting.I still thought they had a good chance.I was more impressed with the girl from Loretto,Abby Laws, than anybody Jackson Co had.The big girl for Jackson Co will be tough for any team when she has the ball under the basket but is a liability on defense.If Jackson Co plays Lake Co,they'll have to play a half court game .The big girl struggled getting down the floor.Now if she loses weight,she could be a monster on both ends.I'd like our chances.Lake Co has had the talent to be at the stse the past 3 years and most were expecting a championship at least by T.T. and company junior year,which was last year.It didn't happen .Not sure it will happen this coming season .Coaching can go a long way.The talent has been there.Lake Co played at Perry Co this past season so may as well try to schedule Jackson Co in a home and home game to make it a strong game for both teams.

Lake Co played Brighton,Obion Central and Dyesburg last year and would like to see Lake Co add Gibson Co for next year during the season.If not hopefully we'll see each other in a tournament.Dyersburg and Central should be loaded.Lake Co has enough talent on the team to beat just about all the teams or are at least capable.But again,sometimes the coaching is suspect so Gibson Co would have a good chance on a certain night..lol

Edited by mrbigster

• 3 weeks later...

Jim brown had an opportunity to move up a couple of years ago, but withdrew his name. He is married now with a youngun. As it is now, he will still be one of the best coaches to breakdown film and apply it to the floor. :ph34r:

Jim brown had an opportunity to move up a couple of years ago, but withdrew his name. He is married now with a youngun. As it is now, he is one of the best coaches to breakdown film and apply it to the floor. He uses it as a teaching tool for his players and game prep against opponents. :ph34r: