Class AA Favorites for next season?

Well, im sticking with my Chargerettes! 2011 AA State Champs!

Im also going to go with Cannon and Macon Counties. What other teams? :popcorneater:

I think I heard somewhere that Macon County isn't losing anyone. If that's the case, they will be very tough to beat. I also think that Central will re-load once again. It seems that no matter who they lose from year to year, they are always contenders. That just speaks to how great Coach Morgan is. Central is 132-8 over the past four years. So, I'm inclined to believe that Coach Morgan will find a way back to the 'boro next year.

I think I heard somewhere that Macon County isn't losing anyone. If that's the case, they will be very tough to beat. I also think that Central will re-load once again. It seems that no matter who they lose from year to year, they are always contenders. That just speaks to how great Coach Morgan is. Central is 132-8 over the past four years. So, I'm inclined to believe that Coach Morgan will find a way back to the 'boro next year.

I think Central will make it back to the 'boro. Losing Jenna will cause the Chargerettes to not have the dual threat inside, but I think the guard and wing play will improve with all of the girls back (except Johnson) and having to become scorers.

Macon will undoubtedly be back, and Region 4 will have a contender there. You just never know what other team may be waiting in the wings, coming from those traditionally strong programs.

Macon County is not losing anyone.

The verdict still waiting on our young coach at Gibson County. We lost two great coaches in back to back years, but I think he had a good year considering what we lost last year. One of our best returning post players quit in the early season and our leading scorer in the District Tournament couldn't play in the Region-Semis due to a viral infection, which we lost in OT, and had a 5 footer go off the rim in regulation to win it. But I think our experience this year will help us get back to the Boro next year. If we would have been healthy in the region, we would have been there this year. We would have been a competive team if we would have made it, but don't think we could have played with Central's post. But, don't be suprised if Gibson County makes some noise next year. And, of course you have to say Central will be favored. We seen what their backups can do. Macon will be back as well. Lipscomb looked very young. Going to be fun.

• Upvote 1

Look for CAK to rattle some cages next year.....Altho they are still very young and maybe still a year away from the boro they are adding some very talented freshman to the mix including another talented guard.....a 6-0 wing and a 6-5 post....Returning will be current starters Anna Hammaker (8th grader averaging 18 a game) Kaci Heitzman talented soph to be ...and Ellie Nelson who stepped up in big games last year. Like I said might be a year early but a very bright future for this squad.

I would have to go with Macon being there at the end next year. They can move for their size and they work well together. McMinn Central should do pretty well, that Elizabeth Masiongill is a gem and she has a good supporting cast. I’m sure West TN will have some strong teams, as they always do. I don’t think 8AA will be that strong next year, Upperman, LA, Smith & Cannon lose some key players next yr but you never know. It will be interesting to watch to see who is on top in AA.

Sometimes the most deserving player doesn't win.

Blitzinbuc, I feel like we have gotten close over the last week and I’m getting a little worried about you. You need me to send that ointment you mailed LA back to you? You had to know that was coming after the crap you gave us.

Seriously, all jokes aside, just go look at the Gold Ball setting in the school trophy case, be proud. McMinn had a great year and won the highest title and I know the icing would have been Adams winning but as you know, you can’t always win everything. Your girl was great too and in your eyes she was most deserving but in our eyes and the deciding votes eyes (whoever they are) Sells was the total package on and off the court.