Aau Little kids state

sweeptheleg

Well run tournament at a great facility. The paperless tourney is the way to go. I was able to call up the brackets from the tnyouthwrestling.com website. Click live results and go from there. The little guys did a great job with some quality wrestling. Congrats to all of the AAU state champs, including my own little man.

• Upvote 1

The tournament was great. McCallie was a great facility for this event and the tournament stafff ran it perfectly.

The Team champions for each age group are below:

Tots- Mt Juliet

Bantam- Red Raiders (Baylor)

Midget - East Ridge

Juniors- Red Raiders (Baylor)

Middle school -Hcwc (Cleveland)

The top five teams for the youth ages Tots-Juniors added together would have been as follows

1. Red Raiders 326.5 pts

2. Mt. Juliet 285.5 pts

3.Pride/Bruins (Bradley County)204.5

4. East Ridge 204 pts

5. Murfreesboro 196 pts

The tournament was great. McCallie was a great facility for this event and the tournament stafff ran it perfectly.

The Team champions for each age group are below:

Tots- Mt Juliet

Bantam- Red Raiders (Baylor)

Midget - East Ridge

Juniors- Red Raiders (Baylor)

Middle school -Hcwc (Cleveland)

The top five teams for the youth ages Tots-Juniors added together would have been as follows

1. Red Raiders 326.5 pts

2. Mt. Juliet 285.5 pts

3.Pride/Bruins (Bradley County)204.5

4. East Ridge 204 pts

5. Murfreesboro 196 pts

What did the medal count look like?

What did the medal count look like?

I dont know how to pull up the big kids state results now that the link isnt on tnyouthwrestling website. ill play around with it and see if I can find them.

From tots,bantams and midgets the first place count was as follows by region:

south- 11

west-9

north-4

east-1

I'll play around with it and see if i can get a total medal count by region for all placers.

• Upvote 1

I dont know how to pull up the big kids state results now that the link isnt on tnyouthwrestling website. ill play around with it and see if I can find them.

From tots,bantams and midgets the first place count was as follows by region:

south- 11

west-9

north-4

east-1

I'll play around with it and see if i can get a total medal count by region for all placers.

Youthcoach16,

I have a medal breakdown by team for the big kids state if you want it. Shoot me an e-mail "garrett . house @ gmail . com", take out the spaces, and I will see if I can send it over to you. You would have to break the teams down by Region but that should go pretty quick.

Honestly, the best run tournament I have been to in the last several years. Paperless tourney should be TN AAU requirement in the future. Kudos to McCallie and Tornado Wrestling for an excellent tournament.

I think the AAU state officials ran most of the tournament. Not a knock on McCallie but their part was pretty easy. I think for the state , the Aau gets the refs, medals, runs weigh ins across the state, does the brackets, ect.. I think you have to provide hospitality and table workers is all if you are the host. Regardless, it was a great Tournament as was the big kids state a few weeks back. Now that we arent using that folder syatem anymore we are on pace with everyone else across the country. I personally like trackwrestling much better from a fans/parent perspective than the paperless. I think they do the same thing as far as runnig the tournament but its a little easier to navigate in my opionion when looking up information. It also keeps up with everyones stats and you can go back and look at past results from tournaments or even look up kids stats. You can filter it by team, wrestler, age group and so on. Im not sure from a tournament directors standpoint how they compare but from an outsiders view they appear to run the tournament the same way.

• Upvote 1

I just thought I would reply to all the previous responses in one post. There is a big difference between weighing-in the day of and the night before. The night before does make things much easier. However, we have been able to use the paperless system and start a tournament with multiple weight changes on time. The comment about kids making weight is the biggest issue to starting a tournament on-time. And that falls squarely on the shoulders of each local coach and parent.

I will have the results of the west region, big kids state, and little kids state back online this week. I am on vacation this week and I am taking a little break ;) On that note the team Tennessee website is being further enhanced to include some of the features in track wrestling. his includes past results for all tournaments, easy single click registration, wrestler statistics (win, loss, pins), etc… All of which will integrate with the paperless system. It takes time to get where we want to be. However, I think everyone can see the progress.

I think the AAU state officials ran most of the tournament. Not a knock on McCallie but their part was pretty easy. I think for the state , the Aau gets the refs, medals, runs weigh ins across the state, does the brackets, ect.. I think you have to provide hospitality and table workers is all if you are the host. Regardless, it was a great Tournament as was the big kids state a few weeks back. Now that we arent using that folder syatem anymore we are on pace with everyone else across the country. I personally like trackwrestling much better from a fans/parent perspective than the paperless. I think they do the same thing as far as runnig the tournament but its a little easier to navigate in my opionion when looking up information. It also keeps up with everyones stats and you can go back and look at past results from tournaments or even look up kids stats. You can filter it by team, wrestler, age group and so on. Im not sure from a tournament directors standpoint how they compare but from an outsiders view they appear to run the tournament the same way.

They can be used very similarly. I think the one major difference is that I am not aware of a bout board built into trackwrestling that would make a good projectable bout board. We use trackwrestling for our tournament and are very happy with how it runs but we have to manage a separate bout board. I prefer trackwrestling just because it is a nicely integrated system that allows you to really look into what kids have done throughout their career rather than having all sorts of different programs out there with no connectivity.