Whats going on with Trinity?

playitup

Does anyone know how trinity is going to be this year? I hear nothing about them on here? Are they really bad this year since they lost all their good players?

They finished third last week in a tournament held in Jackson. I think they are still a decent team, but lack the dominant pitching they have had in years past. Losing two studs like Ivy and Ellen Renfroe would hurt any team and I'm not sure that little sister, if she even pitches, is the same caliber. Plus they had a pretty good catcher last year who made have also graduated. I still expect that they will be back at state defending their title, but I don't think they will be the heavy favorites to win it again this year.

Trinity did lose alot of good players due to graduation last year. Lost to Brighten in the semifinals at the Sara Beth Tournament last weekend but played them Tuesday night in the "grudge match" & by the box scores in the Jackson Sun looks like they still may be competitive this year :thumb:

TCA 8, Brighton 2

Brighton 100 010 0 — 2 7 2

TCA 220 400 X — 8 13 0

WP: Anna Renfroe (6-1). LP: Megan McDivitt. HR: T — Summer Cross. Leading hitters: B — Caroline Jacobs 3-4; T — Cross 3-4, Renfroe 2-2, Shelley Jones 2-4. Records: T 7-1; B 8-3.