Bearden Tournament

BarcaFan

Scores...Scores...anyone

I believe CAK lost to Siegel in that last 30 seconds of the match 0-1. I don't know much more than that.

Oak Ridge tied Hendersonville 2-2

Maryville was beating Gallatin 6-0 the last update I got (it might have been 4-0...) Don't know what the final was.

Hardin Valley 1 Houston 1 - I was late and missed the first 20 min. HV was up by 1 and I never found out how they scored. Houston scored early in the 2nd half off a cross, #4 had a nice finish that was very tricky. Houston did a pretty good job with possesion. HV has a very dangerous team. Nick is very dangerous. When that kid turned it on, he was outstanding. He did seem to stick to just the his side of the field. If he and the other forward would play together instead of just left and right, then I don't see them getting shutout all year. They are a nightmare. Because Nick stayed to his side of the field I thought he was out of the game and had to look to check if he was on the field (10 min without a touch at times). If I'm him or his teammates I am working to make sure he touches the ball at least every other possesion. That is the only bad thing I can say about him and thats not that big a deal in high school, very easly fixed. For all I know it could have just been that one game it happened. I will see tonight. One of the top high school players I have seen. Probolly the most overall complete player I have seen, diff in the discussion.

I left Bearden Germantown when Bearden was up by 3 in the second half. I loved the way Gtown came out and switched the field from one side and back to the other. They are a very talented soccer team. I have never been a big fan of Bearden or the way Turner plays. One thing holds true, D wins games. Bearden plays D from ALL 11 possesions. They are strong and fast. Speed kills and Gtown could not stop team. Gtown must have a new keep cause he looked unsure at times. With time and coaching he will get better. #7 was very fun to watch. Was involved in the attack almost every time. Very fast, great touch, understanding of space how to use it, great first touch, very nice passing, took Bearden's strong D on like it was nothing, and can shoot. If Gtown was as athletic as Bearden then they would be the top team to beat IMO, maybe maybe not.