TEAM 147 AAU team

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if this team has any other teams besides the 6th grade team? do they have a girls version of this team? how can i get in touch with them?

Current 6th grade boys team is the only team they have. Coach is Scott Oatsvall and can be reached at coacho@att.blackberry.net.

• 4 weeks later...

I saw where Team 147 is playing in the AAU state tournament this weekend in White House. I also noticed that they are playing the Tennessee Vision the team they beat last year in the YBOA state tournament championship game. It should be a good game. The Vision have added some talented guards and their post players are huge and atheltic. The Vision are 16-0 vs. 12 year olds and 4-6 vs 13/14 year olds. Looking forward to seeing (I hope) a good game on Saturday. Does AAU allow age exception? I know last year Team 147 had some older kids when they played the Vision.

Edited by QSouth89

I saw where Team 147 is playing in the AAU state tournament this weekend in White House. I also noticed that they are playing the Tennessee Vision the team they beat last year in the YBOA state tournament championship game. It should be a good game. The Vision have added some talented guards and their post players are huge and atheltic. The Vision are 16-0 vs. 12 year olds and 4-6 vs 13/14 year olds. Looking forward to seeing (I hope) a good game on Saturday. Does AAU allow age exception? I know last year Team 147 had some older kids when they played the Vision.

147 and Vision play Saturday at 5:10. Should be a great game. I'm not sure of the exact rules but I think AAU allows some grade exceptions but I don't know how many. All 147 players are in 6th grade. This season they are 19-1 vs 6th grade/12u teams, 2-1 vs 7th grade/13u teams and 1-3 vs 8th grade/14u teams (in a pool that included the 8th/14u Memphis Wareagles and the Arkansas Hawks). They also played an "exhibition game" vs the #1 ranked 5th/11u team in the country and won by 30+. After being stacked last year, they added 2 posts over 6ft and some quality guards to the mix.

With the Vision upgrades, this should be a great game. Having said that, they all could be great games. The Memphis teams are always good and the Nasville Celtics and Burners have both gotten better and are really good teams. Should be a great weekend of basketball!

Just found out that the Vision will be short handed this weekend. Two starters and a couple of key bench players are out due to graduation ceremonies of older siblings in Knoxville and Harriman. Hopefully some of the kids will step up. The Vision have played the Legends in a tournament in Clinton (they beat them double digits) they also defeated a team of mostly Brentwood Academy players called the Future Stars in the same tournament in Clinton as well. The Vision are mostly 5th and 6th graders, 9 of their 13 players played on a middle school team last season. 6 of 9 started for their respective middle school teams as 6th graders. They've played in tournaments in Charlotte, the Knox Vegas Heat (were they lost to the Atlanta Celtics 13 year old team in the semi-finals). They've been playing up in age group for the competition. Should be some great games I can't wait to see them.<BR><BR>

Edited by QSouth89

Well, 147 played one of it's worst games of the season last night in a 6 point loss to the Legends. The Legends played a great game - so not taking anything away from them. They deserved to win.

147 shot 1 for 14 in the 3rd and missed 6 straight freethrows at the end if the game. Uncharacteristically cold shooting for the 147 boys. Let's hope they play better today or the Vision will run away with it.

How did the tourney finish? Heard the Memphis team is a monster.

After losing to The Legends Friday night Team 147 beat Team Vision 68-41, the Memphis War Eagles 65-55 and The Legends 45-30 in a rematch for the 2011 12u State Championship! The rest of the field finished Legends (2nd), War Eagles (3rd), Nashville Burners (4th), Team Vision (5th), Nashville Celtics (6th) and Team Nashville (7th).

Congratulations Team 147!

Team 147 is a very good team, they are fundamentally sound and they play hard. Number 32, (not sure of his name) is a player, Steve McNair's son is an incredible talent. The other big boy was just as good. Depth could be a factor in the Nationals, but they have a chance to win it all. The Memphis War Eagles had good guard play, that number 1 will play D-1 ball one day, really savy point guard never talked ir complained about the fouls (he was battered all weekend). There was some good 12 year old talent in this state tournament, I can't wait to see how the kids develop and grow as players and young men. It seemed to me that all of the trash talking came from the parents, the kids just played and that was the best part.

How did the Memphis team look? How did Team 147 beat them? Those kids are incredible! Saw them play at MBA earlier. DR.NO you sound like you are close to this team. Good kids?

The War Eagles were very good. Their guards were very quick and could really play. As QSouth said, #1 was the real deal. However, even though we added a couple of really good posts this year, I believe our guard play is our strength. 147 went on a run in the first quarter to go up 23-11 and the War Eagles never really recovered after that. One of our guards hit 4 threes in a row in that first quarter. Then our posts got into the game and we held them off. I think the biggest lead was 19 with about 4 minutes to go.

I am biased (my son plays on the team) but I think the kids on 147 - every one of them - are great kids. They work hard and play hard with the coaches making sure the boys know that it is not all about them and there is a lot more to life than basketball - so honor God on and off the court. Google "147 Million Orphans" to find out more about what the 147 stands for. There are 5 different middle schools represented on the team: FRA, Blackman, CPA, David Lipscomb, Page and St. Paul.

FYI - 147 is heading this weekend to the NOLA Hoops Primetime Super 60 Tournament in New Orleans. I'm told that of the 36 teams in the 6th grade division, 30 are nationally ranked. Here are some of the teams that will be playing this weekend: AI9 Elite (IL), Atlanta Celtics, Primetime Select (LA), Memphis Magic Elite - M33M, Arkansas Rim Rockers, Alabama Cougars, Arkansas Hawks, Houston Elite (TX), Memphis War Eagles, Illinois T-Wolves, Top Risers Heat (FL), Wisconsin Playground Elite, and several others. This should be a great chance for 147 to see how they stack up.

Team 147 is a very good team, they are fundamentally sound and they play hard. Number 32, (not sure of his name) is a player, Steve McNair's son is an incredible talent. The other big boy was just as good. Depth could be a factor in the Nationals, but they have a chance to win it all. The Memphis War Eagles had good guard play, that number 1 will play D-1 ball one day, really savy point guard never talked ir complained about the fouls (he was battered all weekend). There was some good 12 year old talent in this state tournament, I can't wait to see how the kids develop and grow as players and young men. It seemed to me that all of the trash talking came from the parents, the kids just played and that was the best part.

#32 is the coach's son. He is a great kid, a fierce competitor and an exceptional athlete.

In the games I saw it seemed like there were one or two parents each time that were over the top. One lady (a War Eagle fan, I think) got kicked out of the gym for calling the ref a "biscuit head." I've heard a lot of things in gyms before but that was a first! :roflol: (I'm pretty sure the biscuit head comment was the straw that broke the camels back. She was going off from the get go.)