D1AA

SCOOBYDOO25

Wound up 5-1 with us on the short side. Are you gonna have hot dogs ready for us Saturday? Can we stay at your place Friday night? It is a long drive.

Big Mo, If it's hotdogs you want I'll see that you get them, even if we were to have lunch at the HOG-n-Dog in Erwin. If you would like to stay here your welcome too. The house is under construction, but we will make you as comfortable as we can. Were just normal hard working people here, nothing fancy. Best wishes. Is Mica good to go now? Never really heard any more. :hungry:

P.S. Make sure you bring some outdoors woods/off with you the gnats are horrible here.

Edited by SCOOBYDOO25

Big Mo, If it's hotdogs you want I'll see that you get them, even if we were to have lunch at the HOG-n-Dog in Erwin. If you would like to stay here your welcome too. The house is under construction, but we will make you as comfortable as we can. Were just normal hard working people here, nothing fancy. Best wishes. Is Mica good to go now? Never really heard any more. :hungry:

P.S. Make sure you bring some outdoors woods/off with you the gnats are horrible here.

Big Mo It was a pleasure to meet you. The officiating tonight is what we have delt with the whole year mostly/ not all. Great job,Glad my DD is graduating this year, so we dont have to play you all anymore. Your going to be the stuff the next few years with those BIG talented young ladies. Best wishes in the Future! If you ever come back our way, maybe we can have a sit down meal and enjoy! I may just buy. If he umps in the SEC I would bet he gets cursed alot! From the Big E TOWN.

Good luck to the Lady Blue Devils...

Thank you Sir! We finished 3rd of 8. Kara Woods and Company have set History for the Unicoi County Softball program.

4th yr stright to the State. 2008, 3rd/ 2009 State Champions, 2010 5th/ 2011 3rd again. So Very proud of our girls. Thank you coaching Staff for taking time from your families and free time to "Coach our Young Ladies" !

You are commended! :thumb:

Congrats on a great year (another one!) and a great four year run for Kara. I also want to commend Coach Grady on his sportsmanship and class. Good man.

Hated to hear about the probems in 'Betsy, Coach Hardin is another class act, fine man, great competitior, and great to the girls. Willing to help any girl from any team, and any coach in the area.

Congrats on a great year (another one!) and a great four year run for Kara. I also want to commend Coach Grady on his sportsmanship and class. Good man.

Hated to hear about the probems in 'Betsy, Coach Hardin is another class act, fine man, great competitior, and great to the girls. Willing to help any girl from any team, and any coach in the area.

Well said! The school must realize, every kid cant shine in every sport, though they play them all. For the Athletic director to shove Basket Ball down there throats is distasteful, some kids from other sports use it as a program to stay in shape. Coach you will be missed! Big Erwin town. :!: Best wishes to All those young Ladies who love the game of softball!

Edited by SCOOBYDOO25

• 2 weeks later...

Well said! The school must realize, every kid cant shine in every sport, though they play them all. For the Athletic director to shove Basket Ball down there throats is distasteful, some kids from other sports use it as a program to stay in shape. Coach you will be missed! Big Erwin town. :!: Best wishes to All those young Ladies who love the game of softball!

I'm not sure exactly what trouble you are aluding to in Betsy. I was very sad to see Coach Hardin decide to hang it up as softball coach. He was a quality coach and, more importantly, is a quality person. I don't know all his reasons but I'm sure there was more than one factor. I wish him nothing but the best in whatever he chooses to pursue in the future. I'm assuming the comment "the AD shoving basketball down their throats is distasteful" is about Betsy, but I'm not sure what is meant by that. I speak from experience rather than conjecture and/or hear-say because my daughter played both basketball and softball at Betsy for four years (and was quite successful at both in my opinion). She was fortunate to play for two top-notch coaches and was part of quality teams in both sports every year. When you have quality teams in multiple sports sharing athletes there is bound to be conflicts at times, but nothing that can't easily be worked out. It was fairly simple in my daughter's case. I made it clear to both coaches that my daughter would be focused on each respective sport during the defined seasons (and TSSAA dictated camp/practice seasons) and it was up to her (and her mother and I) to decide what activities she participated in during the off-season, i.e. AAU, summer leagues, etc. That essentially took the coaches, the AD, and any other affiliated personnel out of the equation. It worked fine for us. Just my two cents...