Pitching in District 5 AA

SAGINAWFAN

County champs are you kidding me? Anyone that would put being county champs on this board is hilarious....Monroe County is not Cobb County, GA.

I don't disagree with that and the competition in Monroe County is not that great. Maybe I should have just put DISTRICT CHAMPS and you may think that's hilarious too since Cobb County GA. is not in our district but regardless you can't take away the fact that is was a good year for the Chiefs. Their Basketball record 25 - 5, Baseball 26 – 6, and Football I don't have a clue what their record was nor do I care...just stating facts. I'm glad I could make someone laugh today!!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear chef nation,

To the chief fan that said "wrong again" I want to ask u and all of chef nation how are the fish biting??? And since polk county is still playing I'd have to say that I was even right on my prediction on the best team in 5AA ( anything that knew baseball saw that coming). But wait holy crap!!!!! deandre is playing juco ball next year! Just like I said he would. I'm going to change my screen name to nostraotis I believe. I'm going to agree with ol canadian, but take it a step farther. I can't stand the baseball ignorance of the chief fans and all the bush league rah rah from the players has no place in baseball either. Good luck to Polk County in the sectional!

Sincerely,

Smokinote (nostraotis)

Smok or nostraotis or whatever,

I will agree SQHS got beat and Polk didn't so rub it in our...wait a minute I thought you were a Central guy....How many wins did they have in the district playoffs??????? Sure it would have been nice to play Polk again and sure SQHS didn't get it done when they needed too. Maybe you are even right about good ole #10, maybe he won't pan out, but maybe just maybe this is the best move for him and weather he pitches or is a position player. So let's go with the old addage when it was time to put up or shut up SQHS didn't but where was Central that day? I can't remember...hmmmmm help me here where were they????????? And by the way get used to SQHS fans because they may be around for a while...But be real careful, say what you will about Monroe County, Madisonville, or the rest of the area...But there are some of us around here that know baseball and know it well so throwing a word like ignorant out there is plain stupid. If you don't like what we have to say fine..If you don't agree with us that is fine too..Hey call us on it and will talk...But I got more baseball history in my family than alot of folks and some of these guys you call ignorant have seen and been a part of a lot of ball. Not to mention some of them are great coaches as well... I can't believe someone with your babseball knowledge would stoop to name calling but hey have at it...But if you are gonna slam someone at least get their name right...proof reading would go a long way...

Pal u don't even want to start with how much baseball u or your family has played, how much u know, or accomplished. People on here that know me will back me on this. I'll b in the boro this week pulling for polk county. Good luck wildcats!!!

should be a great game between them and dekalb tommorow night

DeKalb won 5-3 it was a great game.

Dekalb County is a solid team. They had a lot of returning players this year.. Beat central in a close one last year in substate.. But to the sequoyah fan remark about where was central.. central has been in the playoffs year after year. Where was Sequoyah the other 3 years? Finishing last place.. Sequoyah makes it one year and they are the gods off baseball.. Just saying.. Don't gotta bash on them.. sequoyah had a very successful year. I'm not taking anything from them. Oh yeah I believe there are 6 players from 5aa going to cleveland state.. cowart is going there and I think crabtree is too. Hope the district is strong next year. And yes smokinote and his family have a lot of baseball experience and success. Good luck to all teams in the years to come!!

• 2 weeks later...

Dekalb County is a solid team. They had a lot of returning players this year.. Beat central in a close one last year in substate.. But to the sequoyah fan remark about where was central.. central has been in the playoffs year after year. Where was Sequoyah the other 3 years? Finishing last place.. Sequoyah makes it one year and they are the gods off baseball.. Just saying.. Don't gotta bash on them.. sequoyah had a very successful year. I'm not taking anything from them. Oh yeah I believe there are 6 players from 5aa going to cleveland state.. cowart is going there and I think crabtree is too. Hope the district is strong next year. And yes smokinote and his family have a lot of baseball experience and success. Good luck to all teams in the years to come!!

Before you get all tore up. I was hacking on Smoke not Central. Read the whole thread and you will see. I would not hack on Central but I could see how someone might take it the wrong way by reading just that post so sorry for that. I was hacking on Smoke cause he says he is a central fan but jumps all over the board and was hard on one of the boys on his posts. But seriously nothing but respect for the Chargers..I know alot of guys that have played ball there for years..So please don't think I am some homer who hacks on other teams. This all started because people failed to believe something I saw with my own eyes...#10 for SQHS throwing in the 90's...Now say what you will but I saw it on 2 guns at the sametime. I don't know if he can be consistant, I don't know if he will make it, I just know on that day he was throwing it hard! But once again sorry for upsetting Central fans. They have a great tradition there.....

The thing is I wasn't questioning his baseball knowledge. I was just stating that I know alot about the game as well and have a lot of experience. I just think it is a little immature to call people iddiots and ignorant and whatever else he has said to some very good friends of mine just because he doesn't agree with them. I mean come on. I don't expect you to like my teams, I don't demand it, nor would that be any fun. But disagree with me in a way that makes me think you are not a 5th grader. So I am glad he knows alot about the game and I am glad he has had great sucess! But can we not act like we are still on the playground here?????

I call u names that question your intelligence when you fans make comments like "he has an offer from mlb" or " he has some minor league options". Pro teams don't offer anything. They draft you. The fact that you guys made these comments a month before the draft validates my point.

I call u names that question your intelligence when you fans make comments like "he has an offer from mlb" or " he has some minor league options". Pro teams don't offer anything. They draft you. The fact that you guys made these comments a month before the draft validates my point.

This kid is like my second son and I know for fact what was offered to him as I played a part (Dad) in his decision making. You have no ideal what your talking about you just have a hate for Chief fans. That's ok we don't hate you but some might say otherwise. I'm Proud of him and hope the best for him!!!!