AA Rankings in the state

SCOOBYDOO25

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's your opinion. In my opinion it was Amanda Brandenburg.

I'm sure it sounds better in your mind when you tell yourself that the only reason Creekwood didnt win their district last year & then go on to the "Boro" was due to the "best player in the state" last year?? :roflol::roflol:

Brandenburg was & still is a great player & definitly the best player in your district during recent years. But please remember all sports fans have opinions & they are much more credible if they are backed up by credible numbers & I believe it would be extremly difficult to compile numbers that would place Amanda above Ellen in that particular catagory.

:ph34r:

Great player at Kingston in D4AA short stop, Lindsey Stickrod. Nice story by John Shearer for Prep Xtra.

http://www.knoxnews....ton-over-alcoa/

Great reporting! Sence the late Kevin Lewis has past, this past fall, the reporting for Unicoi County has been Very speratic. Thank goodness for Good reporters, who take interest! the worst reporting is The Johnson City Press, The largest of them all! HUMMMM yep cancelled my subscription! :thumb:

I'm sure it sounds better in your mind when you tell yourself that the only reason Creekwood didnt win their district last year & then go on to the "Boro" was due to the "best player in the state" last year?? :roflol::roflol:

Brandenburg was & still is a great player & definitly the best player in your district during recent years. But please remember all sports fans have opinions & they are much more credible if they are backed up by credible numbers & I believe it would be extremly difficult to compile numbers that would place Amanda above Ellen in that particular catagory.

As an all around player Amanda Brandenburg was absolutely hands down the best player in the state last year. Now if you wanna talk about the best pitcher, Ellen wins that one easy. And this year, Brandenburg has already received numerous awards...OVC Freshmen of the Year, OVC All-Newcomer squad, and 1st Team All-OVC. She leads the OVC in batting and slugging pct., leads the OVC in doubles, leads UTM in ERA and wins and I'm sure the accolades are far from over. She also pitched against a ranked Ohio State team and shut them out early in the season. Granted, she doesn't play in the SEC (although she easily could), but she does lead her D1 team on the mound and at the plate- all while hitting clean-up, stealing bases and hitting home runs. Can Ellen say that? No... Is Ellen good at what she does? Absolutely, she is one of the best... but so is Amanda and she does more for her team.

Camden once again has a very young team with only 2 seniors and only 1 player with more than 2 years starting experience(and that's not either one of the seniors). They have 2 sophomore pitchers and one senior, none of which has any starting experience. Big adjustments have had to be made with a brand new coaching staff and a completely different coaching style. Still alot of talent on this team, they just have to figure out their identity. Hopefully with the big win over a very good Waverly squad last night to make it out of the district, they are beginning to figure it out.

Edited by Lions4ever

As an all around player Amanda Brandenburg was absolutely hands down the best player in the state last year. Now if you wanna talk about the best pitcher, Ellen wins that one easy. And this year, Brandenburg has already received numerous awards...OVC Freshmen of the Year, OVC All-Newcomer squad, and 1st Team All-OVC. She leads the OVC in batting and slugging pct., leads the OVC in doubles, leads UTM in ERA and wins and I'm sure the accolades are far from over. She also pitched against a ranked Ohio State team and shut them out early in the season. Granted, she doesn't play in the SEC (although she easily could), but she does lead her D1 team on the mound and at the plate- all while hitting clean-up, stealing bases and hitting home runs. Can Ellen say that? No... Is Ellen good at what she does? Absolutely, she is one of the best... but so is Amanda and she does more for her team.

Camden once again has a very young team with only 2 seniors and only 1 player with more than 2 years starting experience(and that's not either one of the seniors). They have 2 sophomore pitchers and one senior, none of which has any starting experience. Big adjustments have had to be made with a brand new coaching staff and a completely different coaching style. Still alot of talent on this team, they just have to figure out their identity. Hopefully with the big win over a very good Waverly squad last night to make it out of the district, they are beginning to figure it out.

2010 Gatorade PLAYER OF THE YEAR ELLEN RENFROE OFFICIALLY :thumb:

NOT PITCHER of the year

NOT PITCHER of the year

I believe Kasey Fagan was the player of the year. :thumb:

And ask any coach who has played against both girls and ask who the better overall player is. All of the coaches that I have asked said Brandenburg was a better batter and fielder, but Ellen is the better pitcher. :thumb:

I believe Kasey Fagan was the player of the year. :thumb:

And ask any coach who has played against both girls and ask who the better overall player is. All of the coaches that I have asked said Brandenburg was a better batter and fielder, but Ellen is the better pitcher. :thumb:

You know what?? Who really cares. I bet the two players dont say I am better than her... I am sure they have a mutual respect and both are very good softball players with a promising future... Just people on here trying to re-live their past. Just give it up and say these two players plus some others not mentioned are doing a great job and are very good at what they do. Amen!!!

NOT PITCHER of the year

Would like to ask .... What is Ellen's Batting Avg.? How many bases has she stole? And could you tell me her Doubles and Triples for the year !!! I have both of their pitching stats to compare.... Please get me this info so I can do an Apples to apples thing... Thanks....

Would like to ask .... What is Ellen's Batting Avg.? How many bases has she stole? And could you tell me her Doubles and Triples for the year !!! I have both of their pitching stats to compare.... Please get me this info so I can do an Apples to apples thing... Thanks....

If you go to the ut Martin and the Tennessee softball websites and click on their names they have some stats from their senior year.