Hale to Oak Hill?

Tryinone

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know very little about this situation, but if it's true, I don't really understand the rationale. Of course it's an honor to play at Oak Hill. I understand that players go there to get an opportunity to play with and against top high school talent. However, isn't the main motivation usually to get exposure; hence more major college scholarship offers. I thought Hale has already verbally committed to Alabama. Furthermore, I'm not sure Hale is ready for Oak Hill. It's true that he is an excellent talent with big upside, but he was exposed by Southwind's Jonathan Williams during the Arby's this season. Good luck to Shannon if he chooses this path, but I think J3 is much more ready for Oak Hill than Hale is. He will go from being "the man" at SH to likely just competing for playing time at Oak Hill. My two cents...

Exposure is only the start. Competition is what really sets Oak Hill apart. They play as tough a schedule as anyone in the country. Science Hill's only competition is in tournaments like Arby's and the substate, etc. Oak Hill's competition is good every game, every night. The rationale is really preparing to play at an SEC level when he goes to Bama...

Exposure is only the start. Competition is what really sets Oak Hill apart. They play as tough a schedule as anyone in the country. Science Hill's only competition is in tournaments like Arby's and the substate, etc. Oak Hill's competition is good every game, every night. The rationale is really preparing to play at an SEC level when he goes to Bama...

Great point. However, in order for this to work, one has to be on the floor competing. I don't see Hale in that role at Oak Hill yet. Maybe after another year...sounds like it's a moot point anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard there may something going on here after all. Hale and Jaylen Allen could be a package deal somewhere. Jaylen wants to play the guard position which is what he will play in college.

Not surprised. That would really hurt - considering the schedule they've got set for next year... Jaylen probably needs the exposure/experience more than Hale.

• 2 weeks later...

Not surprised. That would really hurt - considering the schedule they've got set for next year... Jaylen probably needs the exposure/experience more than Hale.

just read the johnson city press today. both are gone to school in arden n.c. big blow for the hill. but good move by both to get exposure and 1 extra year of high school ball by allen!!! good luck to both