Hunters Lane needs HC?

slagiatt

I too am a friend of Finley's and I would just like to see him end up at a place where he can coach without someone in power cutting his legs out from under him everytime he turns around. If placed in the right situation Coach Finley would win a lot of football games and be very well known by football fans across the state. Going 49-49 and making the playoffs 6 out of 9 years at Cheatham County is nothing short of a miracle job.

I agree, but not at HL...did he apply at the new Summitt in Wilco Land...it was filled by a Smyrna assistant...now that would have been a good move. :popcorneater:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hunters Lane coach will be from metro and probably young. The administration wants someone

she can control. Whoever gets job must be able to survive with few assistants, no spring practice

little contact with feeder schools and be aware of enemies in the gym.

The Hunters Lane coach will be from metro and probably young. The administration wants someone

she can control. Whoever gets job must be able to survive with few assistants, no spring practice

little contact with feeder schools and be aware of enemies in the gym.

I think you know what you are talking about. I also know the young coach going to get the job and hope he does well. He played under a very good coach and will follow in his footsteps.

I think you know what you are talking about. I also know the young coach going to get the job and hope he does well. He played under a very good coach and will follow in his footsteps.

HL should find a way to hire outside of Metro. When Hillsboro did this with Scott Blade it turned into a state championship for them.

The recent "within the system" hires that Metro has made have been disasters.

Hemontoler at Hunters Lane

Moreno at Hillsboro

Phillips at Whites Creek

I'd say it is time for Metro to "think outside the box".

HL should find a way to hire outside of Metro. When Hillsboro did this with Scott Blade it turned into a state championship for them.

Moreno at Hillsboro

Phillips at Whites Creek

Unless they magically get more funding, reasses where the funds go, or eliminate central office jobs to put teachers in the classroom I'm not sure thats a possibility. Also, I'm not sure how many out of district coaches are knocking the door down to teach a full metro day and then run a program with minimal outside support not to mention the wonder that is HLs principal so how "outside the box" can they get. She may make Lang at WC seem reasonable. Also,and I have stated before that I am not a big fan of the HFC hiring practices of many schools in Metro, but given the defensive success he had at HL Im not sure many had the forsight to see Hillsboro falling that far that fast, Hemontoler spent some time at Riverdale so he wasn't a "lifer," and as for Whites Creek who wants to work for that administrator. At least the Hillsboro and HL hires were giving someone new a chance instead of recycling a mediocre HC, and the HL job last year opened super late so the logical thing was to fill from staff. I'm not confident this hire will be very good regardless of who it is but it has far more to do with the situation at HL then it does whoever they hire. It's no different than many schools around middle TN, look to Williamson for some prime examples.

Moreno at Hillsboro

Phillips at Whites Creek

Only BIG problem is NO ONE wants to Coach in Metro anymore. I do not blame them. I have seen PeeWee teams with more support than any Coach gets in Metro.

Only thing worse than the T$$AA for Metro sports is the Teachers UNION and the resulting administrators that came out of it at the schools now.

Only BIG problem is NO ONE wants to Coach in Metro anymore. I do not blame them. I have seen PeeWee teams with more support than any Coach gets in Metro.

Only thing worse than the T$$AA for Metro sports is the Teachers UNION and the resulting administrators that came out of it at the schools now.

(4) of the HS's really do have good solid athletic-minded principals........McGavock, Overton, Hillwood, East Lit will do all that they can to bolster athletics, but they are probably not enough!! I would not be surprised to see Metro drop football............ OR going forward most of the programs will have to be supplemented by board monies. The past and ONGOING federal experiments have just about scuttled a once really good system!! Those responsible will never admit it..........

If something is not working in Metro; come up with some new-fangled mess; throw scads of money at it; and then rename it in (2) years............it is "lipstick on a pig"

I've said it once and I'll say it again! HL should look at the resumes of Cody Finley or Michael Jackson then pick up the telephone and contact one of them as soon as possible tomorrow morning. Either of those guys would come in and do a great job both on the field and most importantly in the classroom. Metro would be very lucky to get either of them. The last time Metro got a guy who had coached previously in Cheatham County it was Tony Brunetti. He has done an awesome job at Pearl-Cohn and would be the first to vouch for either Finley or Jackson's credibility as football coaches.