Smyrna Coaches

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are some of the places that these coaches are going?

(It would be interesting to see if others share your opinion.)

This is what I know....what I have seen here and what my limited contacts have told me.

Williams - Gallatin - lateral, but some seem to think he will get the head coaching job when Lassiter leaves, but nothing is official.

Keasler - UP - new head coach at Summitt High School.

Brooks - don't know

Embry - don't know

Duncan - UP - I "think" he is the new DC at one of the county schools in the southern part of Middle TN.

Jones - don't know

Vassar - I think this is the one that is leaving teaching/coaching

Platt - don't know

I don't remember where I heard it, but I think that Duncan "might" be taking somebody with him. I would love it if somebody "in the know" could fill in some of my "don't know" blanks. I don't care how you slice it, losing 8 coaches is not good. It appears that only 2 are taking higher level jobs. Having been following the program for the last several years, the talent level IS on a down swing. You simply cannot maintain the talent level of the class that just graduated and the future Senior class. Those classes are usually once every 5-10 years for most schools, not back-to-back. To say the talent level is down is not meant to be a slap in the face to the following classes as much as it is a "tip-of-the-cap" to the classes before them. However, the Freshmen teams haven't seemed to fair as well since this coming Senior class was Freshmen.

This is what I know....what I have seen here and what my limited contacts have told me.

Williams - Gallatin - lateral, but some seem to think he will get the head coaching job when Lassiter leaves, but nothing is official.

Brooks - don't know

Embry - don't know

Duncan - UP - I "think" he is the new DC at one of the county schools in the southern part of Middle TN.

Jones - don't know

Platt - don't know

I don't remember where I heard it, but I think that Duncan "might" be taking somebody with him. I would love it if somebody "in the know" could fill in some of my "don't know" blanks. I don't care how you slice it, losing 8 coaches is not good. It appears that only 2 are taking higher level jobs. Having been following the program for the last several years, the talent level IS on a down swing. You simply cannot maintain the talent level of the class that just graduated and the future Senior class. Those classes are usually once every 5-10 years for most schools, not back-to-back. To say the talent level is down is not meant to be a slap in the face to the following classes as much as it is a "tip-of-the-cap" to the classes before them. However, the Freshmen teams haven't seemed to fair as well since this coming Senior class was Freshmen.

Who are some names for replacements for the coaching staff? Losing 8 coaches is tough but you would think they would want to hire quick so they can get their new coaching staff together to help push the guys during summer workouts.

Brooks - don't know

Embry - don't know

Jones - don't know

Platt - don't know

Brooks - Mt. Juliet

Jones - non teaching, probably looking for job to support family

Embry - freshman coach, did not coach varsity

Platt - freshman coach, did not coach varsity

I must be honest, either the coaches that were there during spring practice or the players must be commended, or both because it seemed spring practice went smooth and I would say both scrimmages were a success. This just my opinion and others may have a different view.

Edited by my2cents

Brooks - Mt. Juliet

Jones - non teaching, probably looking for job to support family

Embry - freshman coach, did not coach varsity

Platt - freshman coach, did not coach varsity

I must be honest, either the coaches that were there during spring practice or the players must be commended, or both because it seemed spring practice went smooth and I would say both scrimmages were a success. This just my opinion and others may have a different view.

good to hear Spring went well, but losing 6 varsity coaches and apparantly all, or most, of a freshmen staff are some big shoes to fill come Fall. Does anybody have any names to throw out for replacements. Do they raid other county schools for coaches or do they look elsewhere. Who was responsible for calling plays during the spring?

good to hear Spring went well, but losing 6 varsity coaches and apparantly all, or most, of a freshmen staff are some big shoes to fill come Fall. Does anybody have any names to throw out for replacements. Do they raid other county schools for coaches or do they look elsewhere. Who was responsible for calling plays during the spring?

Bever and Childs called plays, and already had one new assistant during spring but I can not remember his name.

You seem to be in the know so I value your opinion. What seems to be going on here? Why would SO many coaches jump ship right after spring ball?

By the way, who did Smyrna scrimmage? How did they do?

Thanks

They didnt decide to leave after spring ball. some folks just heard about it after spring ball.

And there are no dark negative reasons for leaving just opportunities. As for scrimmages

Hendersonvill and Pear Cohn. Smyrna looked immpressive against both teams. The dogs have some things to work on but i was still impressed.

They didnt decide to leave after spring ball. some folks just heard about it after spring ball.

And there are no dark negative reasons for leaving just opportunities. As for scrimmages

Hendersonvill and Pear Cohn. Smyrna looked immpressive against both teams. The dogs have some things to work on but i was still impressed.

Thanks for the update. I would say Hendersonville is a worthy opponent. I don't know much about Cohn other than a recent downfall the past few years. So how many coaches do you think are on staff?

Thanks for the update. I would say Hendersonville is a worthy opponent. I don't know much about Cohn other than a recent downfall the past few years. So how many coaches do you think are on staff?

Hendersonville is usually a worthy opponent, but word is that they are going to be down this year. Anyways the Bulldogs look like they will be ok with all the so called turmoil.