Lenoir City Coaching position

bbjustbb

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LC had stability in Coach Lee, but he wasn't good enough for some certain parents. Now they have to live with that. Anyone who knew Coach Wright knew he wouldn't last long at LC. He doesn't stick with anything for very long. LC hasn't made a good coaching decision in boys or girls basketball since Mitchell left and they didn't give Scott Dorsett the job, now the boys have gone through 4 coaches in 8 years. The girls program will probably follow that trend.

Haven't heard much, looks like Wright's two assistants are running summer practices for now. Heard that Coach Price? Doesn't have the required teaching credentials to take over and the female coach doesn't have much coaching experience and is lacking some maturity at times. Haven't heard anything about the boys, not sure if there is anything on the boys side of the forum. I want to think the girls have a large upcoming senior class. Of course it being LCHS, parents moaning already........ Get a coach and let them play!!!!!!

if you only had a dr.pepper to go with your popcorn coachingnhoops. it would remind me of another lc legend. the move to AAA has been hard on all the coaches at lc in every sport. boys basketball has competed well but the talent level in boys basketball has been up

Edited by FLMS

bbjustbb you must be one of those Parents who has their feeling hurt or you would'nt make comments that you know nothing about.Coach Wright good a Coach as their is, but with the Parents interfernce i am sure he is glad to be gone.

Edited by BBALLTN

bbjustbb you must be one of those Parents who has their feeling hurt or you would'nt make comments that you know nothing about.Coach Wright good a Coach as their is, but with the Parents interfernce i am sure he is glad to be gone.

Well for starters, former parent. My son no longer plays.... Secondly, I've made simple observations from what I have actually seen or heard from people close to the program. I still make it to most of the home games, girls and boys and some away that are big with the school (Loudon). So i have an idea as to how the teams are doing. Still have friends that have kids on both squads as well. Do I think coach Wright was/is a good coach, yes. Do I get my feelings hurt, nope. If you have input as to who might be the next coach, great! Just looking for info...... 3 girls coaches in 3 years, boys side even worse. And I agree 100% that the parents need to get out, coach needs to be able to coach and the kids should be able to play without being pulled in two directions. Let's get a coach and let the kids play!!!!!

Edited by bbjustbb